The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

11 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Obviously social media wasn't as ubiquitous when we appointed McInnes, but I do wonder what the reaction would have been to rumours that we were about to appoint a guy who had been sacked by Bristol City having succumbed to a club record run of consecutive defeats, and didn't exactly have a reputation for playing 'exciting football' in Scotland. Then again, maybe our expectations were slightly lower over a decade ago now. 

I remember it well. The forums were disappointed. It couldn't have been more of a 'meh' type appointment for me than it was.

24 months later I'd have let him have a go on my wife, guided him in and lit his cigarette for him afterwards.

2 hours ago, kent_don said:

Hoping it’s not him. Don’t see what he’ll bring for the money needed to get him out of NI and his subsequent paycheck. 
If he really wanted to come a deal would surely have been done by now…

Up until Tuesday night his full focus would have been on Northern Ireland. Not that I think he'll be our next manager, but it would have been difficult to do any deal until the Northern Ireland matches were finished. 

1 hour ago, DukDukGoose said:

I remember it well. The forums were disappointed. It couldn't have been more of a 'meh' type appointment for me than it was.

24 months later I'd have let him have a go on my wife, guided him in and lit his cigarette for him afterwards.

Yep, I remembered his st Johnstone teams and the way they played and that he paid cash money for Ricky foster and couldn’t have been more bored by the appointment. 

10 years on folk seem to hate him so seems I was right 

1 minute ago, lubo_blaha said:

I think O’Neill would be a pretty good appointment but I am concerned about how much it would cost us to buy out the four years remaining on his contract. 

....and the 3 years he will have left on his Aberdeen one.

27 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Yep, I remembered his st Johnstone teams and the way they played 

Pardon?

25 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

I think O’Neill would be a pretty good appointment but I am concerned about how much it would cost us to buy out the four years remaining on his contract. 

Aberdeen won't pay the compo NI wants and O'Neill doesn't fancy it anyway, but he's quite happy for the speculation to continue to see if more interesting offers from other clubs appear as he puts out the signals that he wants to move back to club football.

I really don't understand why there's still chatter about Michael O'Neill.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

2 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

If his reputation is to be believed, that may have happened ...

40 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

Wasn't there a season where you averaged less than a goal a game in the league?

Thats what I had in my head too. But happy to be corrected. I am going purely on memory. 

22 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Aberdeen won't pay the compo NI wants and O'Neill doesn't fancy it anyway, but he's quite happy for the speculation to continue to see if more interesting offers from other clubs appear as he puts out the signals that he wants to move back to club football.

I really don't understand why there's still chatter about Michael O'Neill.

I have heard quite the opposite - it's IFA that are the stumbling block apparently.  Maybe why he made the comment on how much compo they got when he went to Stoke City.

8 hours ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

Wasn't there a season where you averaged less than a goal a game in the league?

The lack of a response would suggest you could be right. But I’ve no idea.

I would like to believe we’re very far down the line in getting closer to being in a position to move things forward on a timeline that is in line with the medium- and long-term strategic goals of the club. 

1 hour ago, Ampersand said:

I would like to believe we’re very far down the line in getting closer to being in a position to move things forward on a timeline that is in line with the medium- and long-term strategic goals of the club. 

I'd like to believe Angela White is dishing out blowjobs in the RDS lower concourse pre-match.

1 hour ago, Ampersand said:

I like the sound of this. I trust you.