The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Tend to agree that it’s not been the best environment for Barron to thrive in, but often feel that there’s been games which he could’ve grabbed by the scruff of the neck and imposed himself more, but didn’t.

Italy will be great for him though, albeit expecting his trajectory to be more Josh Doig or Liam Henderson than perhaps Ferguson.

In all seriousness that is absolutely farcical way of making the decision and explains a lot. That decision took fucking ages on Saturday and turns out they’ve ultimately guessed in the end. Mental stuff. 

14 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

In all seriousness that is absolutely farcical way of making the decision and explains a lot. That decision took fucking ages on Saturday and turns out they’ve ultimately guessed in the end. Mental stuff. 

I was sure they were supposed to go with the onfield decision if VAR can't help them come to a conclusion.

6 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

I was sure they were supposed to go with the onfield decision if VAR can't help them come to a conclusion.

I had been a seething mess at the club's lack of statement on this one since the bizarre decision not to 'release the lines' to the broadcasters.

Breaking our 'never been relegated' record has never been so appealing, such is the ruination of our game by VAR.

It has just made the corruption/incompetence worse, after the the foolish notion of thinking it could put an end to that - not to mention killing those spontaneous moments of joy that are the reason many of us watch football.

Good statement from Aberdeen.

I hadnt been aware there was an issue (was in pub post match drowning my sorrows) but that sounds utterly shambolic.

Just imagine - stop laughing at the back - what would have happened if this had been Rangers or Celtic........................

This is f*ck*ng outrageous. If Sportscene is to be believed, the SFA told them that because the "offside " was so obvious they didn't need to release "the lines". We now find out that there were no lines to release. It is an absolutely scandalous decision. Totally guessing to overturn an on-field without even involving the referee. F *ck off.

Ah, more content for Kenny and co to w**k themselves blind to on Sportsound this weekend.

I can’t remember if it was on here or not but I said there was something funny going on with that decision. Fucking joke but I’m not surprised in the slightest.

3 minutes ago, STFU_Donny said:

Hopefully puts an end to this saga for a good while. Welcome aboard, Jimmy! 

I'll believe it when he's in the broom cupboard signing.