The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, STFU_Donny said:

Disappointed that Barron has done a Jack, if the rumours are true. I thought he would maybe fancy a move abroad like Ferguson. Oh well.

Absolutely genuinely I’m not bothered.

I’m actually pleased if that’s the level the vermin are signing.

I don't know if it's because it was rumoured for so long, but the Barron move doesn't bother me as much as Jack and Wright did. Maybe it's because he's not as good. 

A league like Italy would suit his game, I thought, and be far better for his development than sitting on the bench for the h*n (and when he does get a game, likely getting abuse for not being the multimillion pound superstar they expect to play for them).

Would be happy with Mitov as keeper. Will be a real shame to lose Duk after losing a season of him to Barryball, but if he's not happy here he's not going to play well anyway. Destined to be remembered as a one season "streets won't forget" Don in years to come 🥲

Edited by Flammable sheep

If Barron is going to them I’ll be pissed off. Not getting the whole “not bothered” vibe. He’s a talent that we’re (probably ) losing for a relative pittance after developing and giving a chance. I think he’s already shown more than wr**ht and has potential to be better than Jack. Disgusting. 

The only thing to do in this situation is poach an equivalent youngster on the cheap from further down the food chain.

Not AS bothered, I said.

I'm annoyed that he ran down his contract, that we didn't convince him to sign an extension earlier. Chopping and changing managers and having him in and out the team and in different tactical styles likely didn't help.

But it doesn't feel like a betrayal on the Jack level, of building a side with him at its core and making him captain only to lose him to *them*. More just, sad that it happened and sad he's probably made a bad choice career-wise.

Re: Barron - I'm afraid we just have to accept that players don't see these things in the same way as fans.

He'll more than likely be quadrupling his wages, European football next season, increased prospects of silverware and full international caps, and he's probably already thinking of his next move beyond Ibrox. He'll take a fair bit of stick when he plays against us, or goes out in town when he's home, but he'll be making this choice with his eyes wide open.

His departure leaves another gap in our midfield, but this has been in the offing for months, so I trust that the new manager has targets already identified. And it opens up a gap in the squad for the next batch of youngsters to aspire towards, and there seems to be some good kids coming through the system.

Who knows, perhaps they're even better than Barron?

I'd be happy with Mitov as our new keeper, and to continue with Doohan as back-up. Duk leaving would have been a disaster 12 months ago - much less so now. Miovski on the other hand...😭

But overall, a bit of 'churn' in the squad is needed, and it gives Jimmy a opportunity to rebuild for the way he wants us to play.

1 minute ago, Enrico Pallazzo said:

Re: Barron - I'm afraid we just have to accept that players don't see these things in the same way as fans.

He'll more than likely be quadrupling his wages, European football next season, increased prospects of silverware and full international caps, and he's probably already thinking of his next move beyond Ibrox. He'll take a fair bit of stick when he plays against us, or goes out in town when he's home, but he'll be making this choice with his eyes wide open.

Don't forget he'll get lice and scabies too

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/aberdeen-fc/6507143/duk-tells-aberdeen-he-wants-to-leave-pittodrie/

“I think this is the right time to embrace a new challenge.

“I think that, and the people who work with me think the same.

“It would be a good opportunity to repay all the support they gave me, whether Aberdeen or Benfica, because Benfica still has a percentage.

“In a year’s time my contract with Aberdeen ends, and in six months I will be able to sign for any club.

“I think the best way to repay the support they have given me is to be able to make a transfer now, in which we all win. Me, Benfica and Aberdeen.”

Elsewhere in the article he says (and i'm paraphrasing) "the cheeks? Ha ha, f**k no" so there's that. 

Love Duk. If he wants to go now though it's fair enough. Better than running down the contract. Based on last season's form seven figures would be decent. Based on the reported bid Hibs have for Youan we should be looking at five mil easy. 

24 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Mitov confirmed.

Enrico approves 👍

He's coming at a good age, with plenty 1st team experience behind him. Now let's get a quality GK coach on board.

“As soon as heard there was interest from Aberdeen I called my agent and said get it done." Good lad Dimi, you know it makes sense.

So far, so good from The Dons in the transfer market, but I can't shake the feeling that the Miovski gut-punch is only just around the corner.

Edited by Enrico Pallazzo

Just now, The Real Saints said:

Best goalkeeper in the league. He will win you at least 20 points on his own. Depending on the strength of your squad overall, this could potentially make you title contenders.

*unless you play out from the back as he can't kick.

Fair play though, don't think he'll see out his contract at Aberdeen. He'll be onto bigger and better things.

Just now, Honest Saints Fan said:

*unless you play out from the back as he can't kick.

Fair play though, don't think he'll see out his contract at Aberdeen. He'll be onto bigger and better things.

Hope so as that's the transfer model.