The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Prior to this news I was half considering going. My season ticket seat back when I still lived in Aberdeen was in the extra section that Rangers and Celtic got. Always found it frustrating that I was forced to move further along the South Stand just to accommodate them. Now I'm definitely going, and I'm going to see if I can get the same seat my season ticket used to be.

Prior to this news I was half considering going. My season ticket seat back when I still lived in Aberdeen was in the extra section that Rangers and Celtic got. Always found it frustrating that I was forced to move further along the South Stand just to accommodate them. Now I'm definitely going, and I'm going to see if I can get the same seat my season ticket used to be.

That's the spirit :thumsup2

After going to the game last night thats the worst display by a dons team in many a year back 4 are a shambles but the sitting midfielders need to do more to protect them If we lose to them in the cup is Mcinnes under pressure because we were a better team last year

If anyone had suggested that by this stage of the season, we'd be seven pts behind Accies, I would have expected us to be anchored at bottom of table and certainly not ahead of Celtic, Motherwell and St Johnstone. WTF! :o

Some credit to Accies methinks.

After going to the game last night thats the worst display by a dons team in many a year back 4 are a shambles but the sitting midfielders need to do more to protect them If we lose to them in the cup is Mcinnes under pressure because we were a better team last year

It was awful but do you remember the McGhee era?

Just as it says on the front cover of The Sheep Shaggers Guide to to the Galaxy, written in nice friendly letters, Don't Panic.

It was a really poor performance against a good, very physical team, playing with bags of confidence on a velcro pitch. It'll be fine. Good opportunity next week to get a reaction out of the players and get a bit of revenge against another, no-mark Lanarkshire side with league altitude issues, thankfully now in remission at 'Well.

Just as it says on the front cover of The Sheep Shaggers Guide to to the Galaxy, written in nice friendly letters, Don't Panic.

It was a really poor performance against a good, very physical team, playing with bags of confidence on a velcro pitch. It'll be fine. Good opportunity next week to get a reaction out of the players and get a bit of revenge against another, no-mark Lanarkshire side with league altitude issues, thankfully now in remission at 'Well.

I trust you're not suggesting that a win against Motherwell is an indication of.......err.......anything? Edited by Granny Danger

So many memories with oor Andy.

Queens Park

Queen of the South

Various other semi-final maulings

9-0

Sigma

East Fife

Pedant alert, but Considine never played in the 9-0 game.

I like Considine, but no player who gets paid to play professionally should ever get a testimonial.

Last night was easily as bad as some of the worst performances under McGee. Hopefully a one off and lessons will be learned.

Think fans have an over reaction to the result and I would add that some of Craig Browns games was a lot worse than the Hamilton game. I think 3-0 flattered Hamilton and if we took the 2 major chances in the first half it could have been a different game. 2nd half was a major disappointment going forward as didn't create much but Hamilton didn't really create that much overall but they do work hard for each other hence why they are having the success at the moment.

Overall we are 1 point worse off than last season, scored 4 more goals although conceded 6 more goals. I think we have played some good stuff this season actually attacking the opposition a lot more than I've watched in awhile, defence has been a concern but I think that has more to do with Taylor who I don't rate at all - hopefully he proves me wrong but I think its too big a step up for the lad. I do think we have the quality to improve on last season points total but hopefully we keep playing 2 upfront although try and get a balance by tighten up the defence a little.

Edited by Milners

Aye there's been a wee bitty too much over-reaction to the Hamilton result. I think that one of the issues with the Dons so far this season is of the four defeats we've had, we've been honking in three of the games (Utd, St J and Accies), and the games that we've won, we've played pretty decent. Maybe dug it out against ICT and Dundee but in entertaining games. It was like last season when we destroyed Hearts in two of the games that we played against them but lost them both.

Perhaps what we really need against Motherwell is a scabby, gritty 1-0, perhaps holding on for 2-1 against St Mirren might've made a difference to the confidence of the defence.

I'm still fairly confident that we'll finish in the top 3 and I think that we'll finish 2nd. If we pick up 3 points against Motherwell at Pittodrie on Friday then 19 points from 11 games is not too bad a return and will give us something to build on for the rest of the season. Things were tanking along ok until the Hamilton game and it's a big few weeks for our season, wins against Motherwell and County and cup progression against Hamilton will set us up bonny for the Celtic game and the rest of the campaign. Not to worry ye.