The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

The way contracts have been handle in the past couple of seasons has been impressive. Key players being tied down to 3+ year deals and long before they are due to expire. I get the impression that the majority of the squad actually want to be here and are happy to stay. It is such a refreshing change from the likes of Aluko, Kerr, McDonald, Foster, Diamond, Maguire... f**k sake what a bunch of c***s.

More great news for the Dons today - Rooney, McGinn, Shankland and McKenna all signing new deals for the club.

http://www.afc.co.uk/news/5498.php#.VJhRqV4AKA

Good bit of business for your club, between this and the finial restructuring things are beginning to look very bright for the Dons.

Armageddon anyone?

McInnes plans very well in advance. We already have this side in place for next season

Brown

Logan Taylor Reynolds ???

Jack Flood

McGinn Pawlett Hayes

Rooney

subs: Langfield, McKenna, Smith, Wright, Shankland, ???, ???

Not bad at all when you consider weve space for another 10 or so on top of that with 3-4 being very senior players with the re-signing or replacement of Anderson, Considine, Robson and Goodwillie.

Not so seniors out of contract are: Rogers, Robertson, Shaughnessey, Murray, Low, Storie, Masson and McManus.

Monakana goes in January

With it looking like we are about to sign one or two Bulgarians in the coming days and weeks, I went looking at former Bulgarians that have played in our top flight. Could only come up with three names and two of them were for you lot.

Iliyan Kiryakov whom I can't recall at all for some reason despite playing 76 times (According to Wiki) and had stints at Airdrie and Raith as well. The other was Tsanko Tsvetanov whom I have a vague recollection of.

Anyways, after doing some research on them, just thought I'd ask how both of them were for you?

With it looking like we are about to sign one or two Bulgarians in the coming days and weeks, I went looking at former Bulgarians that have played in our top flight. Could only come up with three names and two of them were for you lot.

Iliyan Kiryakov whom I can't recall at all for some reason despite playing 76 times (According to Wiki) and had stints at Airdrie and Raith as well. The other was Tsanko Tsvetanov whom I have a vague recollection of.

Anyways, after doing some research on them, just thought I'd ask how both of them were for you?

Well one would have thought they would be very decent.

Given they played major parts in the Bulgaria side that knocked Germany out in WC Q/F USA '94.

http://www.planetworldcup.com/CUPS/1994/qf_ger_v_bul.html

They also played in Euro '96, which was the summer they both signed for the Dons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_1996_squads#Bulgaria

Kiriakov looked decent enough from early on, but apparently was an affa c*nt to drink, gamble and f*ck aboot wi' sluts and his lack of application/commitment to training did show. Went doonhill pretty badly. Think he was frozen oot towards the end.

Tsvetanov was the better player for us. Thought he played quite a few decent games for us, but ultimately fell away in a struggling Dons side that finished 6th in successive seasons.

Overall: Disappointing given their international status.

Goodwillie, Considine, Rogers and Low also to get a deal.

Langfield to be shifted out in January hopefully.

Not convinced McInnes will rush into anything on those four.

The priorities will be Jack and Hayes first to try and avoid them moving into last 12 months of contract

I trust all you Aberdeen fans had a nice Christmas! For my blog I have written some report cards for each Premiership team and I am publishing four each day over the next few days. I have just posted Aberdeen's if anyone wants to have a read, and feel free to disagree with everything I have written! Also if you spot any mistakes let me know.

Cheers! Link