The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Goodwillie seems reluctant to stay in Scotland. A year is probably as good as he will have given us so he can get back down to the riches down south asap!

I've not seen too much of him this season but what I have seen has impressed me, his contribution seems to be so much more than his goals.

Is the year his decision or the club's?

Any reason why Aberdeen don't have a game today? Seems like a full set of fixtures have been played yesterday and today involving every team apart from Aberdeen and Ross County

Moved to the Scottish cup weekend, after the semi.

New deal for Goodwillie - http://www.afc.co.uk/news/5597.php

The only negative is that it is just a year extension until the end of next season.

Can't be just me that thinks Goodwillie's quote there shows that he doesn't think his future is will Aberdeen long term.

"I've really enjoyed my experience so far at Aberdeen."

I do believe Romeo's post was an attempt at what we call, humour.

Well i fucking hope it was otherwise he's being an arsehole.

I'd be amazed if it was after his recent breakdowns.

I've not seen too much of him this season but what I have seen has impressed me, his contribution seems to be so much more than his goals. Is the year his decision or the club's?

I'd imagine the club would've liked him to be on board for another year, I certainly would. It'd likely be his decision. A short term deal means he can show what he feels he is capable of in the next 12 months and move on next Jan or summer after that. To be honest he comes across as a total fanny so I wouldn't be surprised if he is desperate to leave. Dece player though

Do Aberdeen fans genuinely think they can win the league?

I think we can yes. In the same way that if Hamilton were to win all their games til the end of the season they might win the league. Its possible.

I don't think we will win the league however. There's a difference.

But it doesn't stop us from supporting our team and wanting them to be the best they can be on all fronts.

As much as I find Goodwillie frustrating at times, our overall attacking play has improved greatly with his presence in the team. He and Rooney have linked very well, with the partnership really reaping rewards in this team. It is a totally different dynamic to last season, and it had especially helped us look a lot more comfortable in home games we scraped across the line in last season.

On a personal basis, Goodwillie has produced a number of impressive performances recently, suggesting that he's got some of the old confidence back. Sadly, he's not the young David Goodwillie that left to go down south. A year's extension suggests that either the club still hold reservations or Goodwillie sees his long term future away from Pittodrie. Considering he's nigh on saved his career here under a manager that took a big gamble on the lad, you'd naturally assume he'd be reticent to leave.

Edited by BucksburnDandy

Just found out Aberdeen will be hosting FC Twente on the 27th of March. Any idea how to get tickets for the away end? Follow Twente closely and actually just returned from a trip to see them in Enschede.

Will probably need to do an overnighter with a view to getting home for the Sons game the next day so any cheap hotel recomendations would be lovely.

As much as I find Goodwillie frustrating at times, our overall attacking play has improved greatly with his presence in the team. He and Rooney have linked very well, with the partnership really reaping rewards in this team. It is a totally different dynamic to last season, and it had especially helped us look a lot more comfortable in home games we scraped across the line in last season.

On a personal basis, Goodwillie has produced a number of impressive performances recently, suggesting that he's got some of the old confidence back. Sadly, he's not the young David Goodwillie that left to go down south. A year's extension suggests that either the club still hold reservations or Goodwillie sees his long term future away from Pittodrie. Considering he's nigh on saved his career here under a manager that took a big gamble on the lad, you'd naturally assume he'd be reticent to leave.

You may be rather overstating that. Given a consistent run of games Goodie's shown enough to convince Aberdeen that he's worth another season and himself that he's still got the ability to play at a higher level. That's a commendable degree of confidence and not to be sniffed at.

You may be rather overstating that. Given a consistent run of games Goodie's shown enough to convince Aberdeen that he's worth another season and himself that he's still got the ability to play at a higher level. That's a commendable degree of confidence and not to be sniffed at.

He was shite tonight. Get him to f**k and give Shankland a go.

Just found out Aberdeen will be hosting FC Twente on the 27th of March. Any idea how to get tickets for the away end? Follow Twente closely and actually just returned from a trip to see them in Enschede.

Will probably need to do an overnighter with a view to getting home for the Sons game the next day so any cheap hotel recomendations would be lovely.

Think you'll be fine with pay at the gate. Only thing to check in days before game is which stand - sometimes they move the away fans when very small amount of fans expected