The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Sensational signing for Aberdeen. If the guy is relatively happy in Scotland and wants to go to a settled club and earn himself good money in the process, there's no one better than Aberdeen at the moment.

What an amazing job McInnes has done there. So much talent, pace and power throughout the squad. Left back was the only weak position in my eyes, so McInnes rectifies that by signing the best one in the league. Can't argue with the man's record and the board's ambitions.

Edited by Kyle

Kevin McNaughton was a right back playing at left back - very well tho it must be said. McKimmie also went across to left back for a couple seasons when Stephen Wright was coming through.

Graeme Shinnie is the best left back in Scotland right now - Dons fans got to be delighted with that

Ryan Jack also being talked about in Italy,

Valued at around £2.5million, Reggiani believes he would prove far better value than the likes of Anderlecht’s Youri Tielemans and Feyenoord’s Jordy Clasie.

Napoli, along with fellow Serie A giants Roma, have received glowing scouting reports on Ryan in recent weeks and also of his exploits in the Europa League last year against the likes of Real Sociedad and Groningen.

Reggiani said: “Napoli need reinforcements. They must bring in at least a defender and a midfielder.

“Ryan Jack is a great Scottish footballer. His statistics are unbelievable and he plays an important midfield role.

“He is 22 but has already played a lot of first-team football. In a short time, Jack will become a real top player, a champion.

“Tielemans and Jordy Clasie are top players but they are coming from clubs who will want exorbitant prices.”

Would be a great move for him, but I doubt it will come about.

Jack's been tidy as f**k whenever I've seen him this season, not surprised he's being noticed. Another Jock getting the benefit of European football like Gauld bodes well for the progress of our game.

It's quite clear that clearing the debt has freed up a few quid for wages

This is true, but 10,500 season tickets being sold when prices went up 16% and a couple of decent European ties will also add to this.

Not having to service the debt now too so I'd be surprised if we didn't make a profit this year.