The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Best left back in Scotland imo

One of the best right backs in Scotland imo

A very good central midfielder imo

Vastly underrated player and a tremendous signing for AFC

Would be nice if a wee £100k and couple players on loan till end of season could persuade Caley.

Really have to wait and see what reception he gets on Saturday to know if there is a deal to be done on 2nd Feb or not

Good signing for Aberdeen, good move for the player.

Are the muppets who talk about 'lack of ambition' when a player moves to one of the bigger Scottish clubs the same ones that talk about 'chasing the money' when a player goes to a lower league English club?

Dons still hoping to bring two players in this month and with Anderson and Taylor both out for six weeks you'd have to assume at least one will be a defender.

Who would Dons fans like to see at the club in the summer tho?

There's a fair amount of seethe on here but I can understand it. ICT are a cracking club. Always seems to be a happy place for players. If you settle in the Highlands then it's a wrench to leave it appears. I'm lucky enough to live in Inverness, laid back, funny, self deprecating people, easy going place and stunning scenery. Golf is brilliant too. If he didn't have Aberdeen roots I don't think the Dons would've managed the signing. So I'm sure family is a big reason. But, Dons are a step up. Not massively but enough for most folk to realise.

Last game between the clubs away fans outnumbered and outnoised the home fans and they created an atmosphere for most of the game. At some Caley games the silence can sometimes only be broken by ex highland league fat no it all's abusing whoever the team boss is at the time.

When folk mention the inglish championship though it's true players will get more money there but it can also be a one way ticket to anonymity. Shinnie is a great player but the best way to be a good 2nd tier inglish player is to be 6ft 4" and built like a shithoose. Wee clever players struggle to make their mark.

Shinnie is a cracking player for the Dons. Versatile, quick, clever, good in possession, rarely wasteful.

Wonder what figures were talked about for him jumping ship now?

Welcome aboard Mr Shinnie.

So please explain why Shinnie chose Aberdeen over a "host of Championship clubs" please,

without using the hackneyed expression "lack of ambition", usually trotted out by lazy journalists who have no idea what the truth of the story is.

Not sure i said that haha. He is clearly a good player so could move down south to a decent team. Don't see why he wouldnt want to go down and challenge himself, unless it is for family reasons.

True ambition would be to move to some shitey former mining town in the north of England to play in front of 10 men and a dog with no hope of Europe or silverware for 8k a week.

He has a young family and wants to move closer to his parents in Stonehaven so that they can help out, or so the rumour says.

3 year deal shows he wants a bit of stability, the family element is clearly a pull but I would suggest the noises coming out of Pittodrie the past wee while have impressed a lot of players in Scotland. The club is on the up, debt free, new top end facilities in the post and the big players committing to long term deals. He's a great signing for us, I've cast admiring glances at him for a couple of seasons now much like I did with Hayes but this is also a really good move for him. He will suit our style of play and give our team a balance we have not had for a very long time.

Be refreshing to see Aberdeen roll up with a new stadium and facilities etc. Good seeing them do well and Shinnie is a good signing.

Be refreshing to see United/Dundee/Motherwell etc etc all modernise aswell a bit. Aberdeen playing out of a squeaky clean new ground will hopefully see other clubs try and follow suit.

Has anyone got the new stadium plans? Be good to see. Also hope that they keep some of the Pittodrie character.

Be refreshing to see Aberdeen roll up with a new stadium and facilities etc. Good seeing them do well and Shinnie is a good signing.

Be refreshing to see United/Dundee/Motherwell etc etc all modernise aswell a bit. Aberdeen playing out of a squeaky clean new ground will hopefully see other clubs try and follow suit.

Has anyone got the new stadium plans? Be good to see. Also hope that they keep some of the Pittodrie character.

New stadium is going to be a while off yet I think. New training facilities are the priority. Before Derek came in we were training on the cricket pitches at the beach. Now we sorted a deal with Albyn to use their pitches and we also use the Sports Village. As much as these are decent facilities I reckon we'd rather not be paying them to use them. New training setup is first priority.

As for Shinnie's move I'd say it was a good one for both parties. I'd imagine Shinnie will be getting a serious bump in pay (3-4x what he was on prev) but gets to stay in an area he's settled and knows. Family is very important, and you have to see him as a person as well. Would you relocate your whole family 300 miles away for a job that might last a year maximum? That's why I had some sympathy for Lee Wallace staying with Rangers. As much as it was unambitious it was also a safer option. Guaranteed first team pick, 3-4 years on a good wage with no pressure while your family grows up. Pretty sweet deal.

Obviously a great move for the club. This is the best LB in the league and Celtic will be jealous they've not signed him up. Can't wait to see him in a red shirt and only downer is we have to wait til August (or July, fingers crossed!).

Nothing new on the stadium but when the club announced going debt free it also said that new training facilities would be the first priorityhttp://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/547128/Aberdeen-FC-Training-Ground-Debts-wiped

Ok cheers

This is the best LB in the league

You obviously weren't at McDiarmid Park on Friday night were you? Delighted you went second best and left Beaston alone!!