The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Great move for Shankland although he and McManus appear to be heading in a similar direction. When you have experienced strikers performing well it's always going to be very hard to break into the team.

Same goes for Cammy Smith, so hard for him to break into the team with such quality around. Low, the same. 10 - 15 years ago they'd probably have been regulars in the side instead of some of the foreign duds we had and they're miles ahead of guys like O'Donohue, Bagshaw, Tiernan, Rutkiewicz etc etc etc. we're just miles better now.

Apart from the guy we signed the other day?

Exactly, Parker looks to have been brought in to be an impact player to come off the bench and go up top but can also play wide, providing some cover for McGinn & Hayes. No coincidence that Shankland has gone out the door a few days after Parker came in.

Good luck to Lawrence. Championship is fairly competitive and of a sufficient standard to help him improve. Hopefully it'll lead to him being a bit more thoughtful about his positioning and movement.

Shankland going leaves us short of cover up front so would hope this means someone else is coming in.

Manager said there will be no more signings in the last press conference.

Heard the Manager is really impressed with Parker. I thought he looked decent when he come on - very fast and had ability.

Edited by Milners

Shankland deal was provisionally agreed back on 16th July between the two clubs, the delay has been the acquiring of another striker, on loan. Wish Shankland all the best down the road in his loan spell, he's not yet ready for first team football here, and perhaps could have done with being out on loan last season. Hopefully he can fire in the goals and come back sharper and more ready to play first team football.

I wish the guy luck and hope to be proven wrong but lets be honest here, Mcinnes is the king of taking a player in on loan and they then rarely see the light of day because he will never drop any of his faves from the team...........

He is destined to be the 3rd used sub in games every 2nd game from now until his loan ends...........

Somebody better tell Danny Ward that he must have signed a full contract, because he's playing every single game. He can't be on loan according to this.

Apart from the guy we signed the other day?

Even with Parker that only leaves us with 3 strikers at the club which leaves us short I think. we could use McGinn but McInnes had been very reluctant to play him there.

Stevie May needed a season at Hamilton to turn into the St J goal machine.

He scored about half an hour into his Saints debut tbf, lobbed the keeper.

Even with Parker that only leaves us with 3 strikers at the club which leaves us short I think. we could use McGinn but McInnes had been very reluctant to play him there.

Manager normally only plays 1 up front so don't really see it that short.

Very injury prone. Looked apotential star coming up through the ranks but hasn't kicked on. Could be utilised further up the pitch as well. One of the best games I've seen him play was actually on the left wing but he normally plays on the right side (full-back or wing). Would say he was more an attacking full-back than a defensive one.

I wonder if the possible arrival of McLaughlin means Shay Logan will go before the transfer window closes? Would be a real shame as he's been a fine player since arriving 18 months ago. His family are still based in Manchester though so can't have been easy for him. Sell Logan and use the money generated to go for Stevie May!