The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I can barely remember it to be fair. I blame Jack Daniels, Ford Fiestas and the Springfield Vaults.

Hahaha. I spewed almost immediately after getting off the train. Managed to get a sausage supper from a chipper, went on what felt like the longest walk to the stadium ever and felt sober by kick off.

Bleezing minutes after the game again.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

Hahaha. I spewed almost immediately after getting off the train. Managed to get a sausage supper from a chipper, went on what felt like the longest walk to the stadium ever and felt sober by kick off.

Bleezing minutes after the game again.

Red administered for using the term "chipper"

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

One amazing day? Pretty feeble if you ask me.

Tbf, and I'm not an Aberdeen fan so I can't compare, I always got the impression their Semi win v us at Tynecastle would've been a far more memorable day than the Final.

Much like, to me, our SC Semi win at Ibrox was better than the Final, as weird as that sounds.

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf, and I'm not an Aberdeen fan so I can't compare, I always got the impression their Semi win v us at Tynecastle would've been a far more memorable day than the Final.

Much like, to me, our SC Semi win at Ibrox was better than the Final, as weird as that sounds.

Both were amazing in different ways.

As far as days out, atmosphere etc go, that day at Tynecastle was absolutely outstanding.

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Both were amazing in different ways.

As far as days out, atmosphere etc go, that day at Tynecastle was absolutely outstanding.

Best atmosphere I've ever witnessed but not been a part of, if that makes sense.

39 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I was ridiculously relaxed before that semi final and was always confident we would win. The final I did not enjoy one bit until Caley Thistle missed their first two penalties.

2 minutes ago, highland_mechanic said:

I was ridiculously relaxed before that semi final and was always confident we would win. The final I did not enjoy one bit until Caley Thistle missed their first two penalties.

See I was the opposite in the Scottish.

Expected a pumping from you lot, we go one down and you came close in the second. I know our crowd that day was probably laughably small to others, but I was right in the middle surrounded by faces I'd seen for years at McDiarmid, the explosion of emotion when the second went in isn't something I've felt at a Saints game any other time. Final wasn't near that, we'd roundly pumped United that entire season, and I was surrounded by day trippers who barely stayed for the presentation. 

Always felt it would be the same for Aberdeen fans.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

See I was the opposite in the Scottish.

Expected a pumping from you lot, we go one down and you came close in the second. I know our crowd that day was probably laughably small to others, but I was right in the middle surrounded by faces I'd seen for years at McDiarmid, the explosion of emotion when the second went in isn't something I've felt at a Saints game any other time. Final wasn't near that, we'd roundly pumped United that entire season, and I was surrounded by day trippers who barely stayed for the presentation. 

Always felt it would be the same for Aberdeen fans.

Pawlett and Hayes were a massive part of how we played that season. Had been rumoured for a while that Pawlett would miss the final. Hayes was injured instantly. Awful to sit through. Would be typical Aberdeen to take 40,000 to a cup final and get horsed.

31 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Best atmosphere I've ever witnessed but not been a part of, if that makes sense.

I remember the week building up to it being the most excited I'd been for a game in many years.

Just felt like we were onto something and a full house at Tynecastle, Saturday afternoon was the perfect storm.

Birthday caird pish but will always be grateful to Derek for giving me that buzz back. I nearly packed it in during the Craig Brown years.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

I remember the week building up to it being the most excited I'd been for a game in many years.

Just felt like we were onto something and a full house at Tynecastle, Saturday afternoon was the perfect storm.

Birthday caird pish but will always be grateful to Derek for giving me that buzz back. I nearly packed it in during the Craig Brown years.

I reckon if the Scottish Semi had been at Tynecastle again you'd have won it. 

I don't like Hearts but, IMO, there's no more intimidating stadium when it's packed and in full voice. 1-0 at half time and the second half would've been unbearable with the Aberdeen support. That was lost a lot with Ibrox being a lot emptier IMO.

4 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Pawlett and Hayes were a massive part of how we played that season. Had been rumoured for a while that Pawlett would miss the final. Hayes was injured instantly. Awful to sit through. Would be typical Aberdeen to take 40,000 to a cup final and get horsed.

I can only remember games against us, but always felt like Aberdeen were just utterly clinical on the counter. If you lost the ball while attacking Aberdeen, then you were almost certainly conceding a chance.

Half wonder in retrospect if McInnes simply struggled to figure out how to break sides down when teams stopped giving Aberdeen space in these situations?

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

I can only remember games against us, but always felt like Aberdeen were just utterly clinical on the counter. If you lost the ball while attacking Aberdeen, then you were almost certainly conceding a chance.

Half wonder in retrospect if McInnes simply struggled to figure out how to break sides down when teams stopped giving Aberdeen space in these situations?

Basically.

Stuart McCall started it by beating us 1-0 twice at Pittodrie by just camping in their own area and breaking on us. Players like Pawlett were exposed badly by teams that did that to us. It became difficult to get players that would unlock defences where ther was very little space.

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Basically.

Stuart McCall started it by beating us 1-0 twice at Pittodrie by just camping in their own area and breaking on us. Players like Pawlett were exposed badly by teams that did that to us. It became difficult to get players that would unlock defences where ther was very little space.

wat is life...