The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 hours ago, Scotty Ramone said:

Sorry to hear that.

My grandfather bought a season ticket after returning from WW I

He held that ticket for 63 consecutive seasons.

He was able to watch the ECWC Final (compos mentis) in the nursing home.

He passed 5 weeks later in his 90th year.

Wow! Great to hear that story. Apart from the ending, obviously.

10 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Fair play to the Utd fans for bringing 1700 fans yesterday.

Can't remember the last time an away support outside the OF brought those types of numbers.

SAF is some draw.

46 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Can't remember the last time an away support outside the OF brought those types of numbers.

I think Hibs, and possibly Hearts, have filled that same section in the last few years.  Possibly more recently too - I can't remember what the Hibs and Hearts supports were like earlier this season.  

Edited by resk

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Remember a 0-0 draw with Hibs in 2018 where they virtually sold out the away end at Pittodrie, big Joe saved a penalty, I think from McLaren 

Edited by starryfish

3 hours ago, Don exotic said:

I also think Ramirez needs be asked to chase less lost causes early in the game. He runs out of legs later in the match when there is more space.

That's the way Goodwin likes to have his strikers play though. Defending from the front and hassling defenders. Part of the reason why he let Obika go. 

3 hours ago, starryfish said:

Aye May 1995 looking the favourite then. Crazy!

All games against Rangers and Celtic was on a Saturday in 2001/2002 season, crowd figures was just under 19k so not sure. Rangers was the first game of the season with a 3pm kick-off so that is a possibility. The other games was a 5.30pm kick-offs with away allocation of 4000

Edited by betting competition

34 minutes ago, betting competition said:

All games against Rangers and Celtic was on a Saturday in 2001/2002 season, crowd figures was just under 19k so not sure. Rangers was the first game of the season with a 3pm kick-off so that is a possibility. The other games was a 5.30pm kick-offs with away allocation of 4000

Good knowledge/research! 

20 minutes ago, starryfish said:

A friendly v Man Utd on 12 July 2008 seems to be the most recent.

Ah, I didn't go to that so it didn't appear on my listing, I was at a gig (Brian Jonestown Massacre) in Leeds the Friday night before.

Those noughties elite Guffball friendlies (Manchester United and Liverpool) sold out pretty quickly as armchair fans flocked to see their south of the border idols.

Therefore, it doesn't really count as thousands wouldn't have been attending to see the Dons, although technically you're correct.

Did Manchester United and Liverpool take up significant travelling supports for those games? I didn't go to either....Didn't a Liverpool based fan end up in court for firing an air gun or something?

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I don’t even remember us playing Liverpool at all 

Someone 'accidentally' shot a flare gun at Pittodrie from the Broadhill. Went across the pitch if my memory is right. I wasn't there, second hand info.

EDIT: https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jail-firing-flare-stadium-3545397

Edited by Merkland Red

1 hour ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Ah, I didn't go to that so it didn't appear on my listing, I was at a gig (Brian Jonestown Massacre) in Leeds the Friday night before.

Those noughties elite Guffball friendlies (Manchester United and Liverpool) sold out pretty quickly as armchair fans flocked to see their south of the border idols.

Therefore, it doesn't really count as thousands wouldn't have been attending to see the Dons, although technically you're correct.

Did Manchester United and Liverpool take up significant travelling supports for those games? I didn't go to either....Didn't a Liverpool based fan end up in court for firing an air gun or something?

From memory Liverpool pretty much sold out the away end with the one section as it is now, I don't recall there being Man Utd fans in that section for the 2008 friendly.

54 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Someone 'accidentally' shot a flare gun at Pittodrie from the Broadhill. Went across the pitch if my memory is right. I wasn't there, second hand info.

EDIT: https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jail-firing-flare-stadium-3545397

Came screaming across and landed at the control centre between the Main Stand and the RDS.

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

I was in the RDS Lower that day. Absolutely mental.