The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

53 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

lopes.thumb.png.0be6adfd4fa796a473f4816794a3120e.png

More of a winger than a central striker, even though he plays up front. Is that not how Watkins plays too? Drifts wide/deep?

Doesn't look he bothers too much about linking play etc., as soon as the balls won its like he gets into the box, either with the ball or without it.

Don't think I've ever seen so much red on one of your charts 🤣

Sounds like a potential Watkins upgrade.

Just now, Illgresi said:

Is there any way of relating the standard of various leagues? My inclination would be to assume that the Portuguese 2nd division would sit about lower Scot Prem to upper Scot Champ kind of level. But there must be a reasonable way of assessing the relative levels surely?

Its hard I think. I've seen mention before that the lower leagues in Portugal have a very wide range of quality, so the top ones are top flight standard and by the time you've reached the bottom you're at absolute shite, but I'd be lying if I said I knew that for certain.

I try to compensate by adding a club average in. You can see all Benfica Bs strikers had huge figures so its likely he was playing in a really dominant side.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

Don't think I've ever seen so much red on one of your charts 🤣

Sounds like a potential Watkins upgrade.

Just mentioned it, but worth keeping in mind the club average here. Looks like he was playing in a side who dominated in that division, so it might be a case the high attacking figures are as much down to that as his quality.

I'd be a bit worried about the low possession scores, especially as hes below average on them all, and thats why I think he'll end up as a winger rather than up front for you. Maybe more a McLennan replacement than Watkins?

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Just mentioned it, but worth keeping in mind the club average here. Looks like he was playing in a side who dominated in that division, so it might be a case the high attacking figures are as much down to that as his quality.

I'd be a bit worried about the low possession scores, especially as hes below average on them all, and thats why I think he'll end up as a winger rather than up front for you. Maybe more a McLennan replacement than Watkins?

I'm sure the recruitment team know what they're doing...

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

No idea.

Looks like they play him as a 9 though.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'd be a bit worried if we are spunking £400k on a replacement for McLennan. Could replace him for a bag of Haribo's. He's fucking useless. 

8 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

No idea.

Be interesting to see how he gets on tbh, I maybe need to tweak how it profiles folk if I'm wrong 😂

4 minutes ago, DunbartonshireRed said:

I'd be a bit worried if we are spunking £400k on a replacement for McLennan. Could replace him for a bag of Haribo's. He's fucking useless. 

I wouldn't be judging him at all based solely on these charts tbh, they can be heftily influenced by how a players asked to play rather than how good they are.

54 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

No idea.

It looks like from that highlights package that if he had played at Balmoor on Sunday it would've been the biggest crowd he'd ever played in front of!!

He looks like he could have problems keeping his weight down, or maybe he's just bulked up too much.

That music was awful.

Other than those aspects, I'm happy

11 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

The look on his face when Ronald McDonald come to shake his hand in the changing room. :lol:

Hahaha. Aye, just wanted a firm handshake. 

Love him already.

6 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

It looks like from that highlights package that if he had played at Balmoor on Sunday it would've been the biggest crowd he'd ever played in front of!!

He looks like he could have problems keeping his weight down, or maybe he's just bulked up too much.

That music was awful.

🤣

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

lopes.thumb.png.0be6adfd4fa796a473f4816794a3120e.png

More of a winger than a central striker, even though he plays up front. Is that not how Watkins plays too? Drifts wide/deep?

Doesn't look he bothers too much about linking play etc., as soon as the balls won its like he gets into the box, either with the ball or without it.

Closest I've ever seen any striker get to Adriano's 99 Shot on Pro Evo 6! :D

Looks like our new strategy is a 1/10 budget version of Celtic's. Pay a reasonable fee for a youngster who's not a total punt who wants in the shop window. If we can sell one in five for a decent fee it should pay for itself. If it works it will be great. If not we'll have a more cosmopolitan squad of journeymen. 

3 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Looks like our new strategy is a 1/10 budget version of Celtic's. Pay a reasonable fee for a youngster who's not a total punt who wants in the shop window. If we can sell one in five for a decent fee it should pay for itself. If it works it will be great. If not we'll have a more cosmopolitan squad of journeymen. 

Aye exactly you are looking for maybe 1 in 4 to turn in to a £3m, £4m, £5m, £6m player and jobs a good un. Repeat.

Make it a success and it pays for an uplift in the salary (so hopefully quality) of the other players in the team

9 minutes ago, d31 said:

Aye exactly you are looking for maybe 1 in 4 to turn in to a £3m, £4m, £5m, £6m player and jobs a good un. Repeat.

Make it a success and it pays for an uplift in the salary (so hopefully quality) of the other players in the team

This bit's the key. Fingers crossed 

29 minutes ago, d31 said:

Dave's obviously just discovered Football Manager.

9 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

That music was awful.

Aye, he's a big unit. I suppose we had been in for the Norwegian due to his physical presence, so not sure whether this is the next choice in that respect.  Definite Morelos/Emmanuel-Thomas fat potential there - but if the conditioning team keep him the right side of that, then these bulkier forwards can often ragdoll defences in our league. 

Sticky toffee pudding sessions with Besuijen best avoided though - Vinnie's blue toon showing suggested he'd maybe done that on Saturday.

That is classic club TV channel music.

-b-b-b-but Yinitit are signing Steven Fletcher, what are we doing?