The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

4 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Absolutely no chance openly going about saying he hates the city 

I wouldn’t look too much into his family not moving to the city (if it’s true) 

They're probably just settled where they are and don’t want the upheaval that comes with moving.

McInnes was manager for 8 years & never moved his family. 
It’s no big deal.

f**k me, it’s 2 & a half hours away from the Central Belt, hardly a sojourn into the abyss. 

If we were doing better it wouldn’t even be a discussion . 

5 hours ago, Molotov said:

I’m just genuinely interested in who you think could turn the fortunes around. Sorry. I’m not having a go. 

I just don’t see any candidates up and coming in our domestic leagues to make progress with arguably Scotlands third biggest club.

The easy option would be Robinson from St Mirren. A bigger “risk” would be Martindale. I think he has done an incredible job with Livingston.

Aside from them who else could you realistically go after?

Parochial thinking.

To hell with going with another domestic manager who has the ingrained mindset & subliminal messaging of Scottish football in their psyche.

A good football club will have a finger on the pulse of similar sized European Leagues.

The trick is knowing who the next Kjetil Knutsen is before he becomes well known. 
That’s far from easy & a gamble, but that’s what the aim should be. 
Even more so when there are no up & coming domestic managers who are obvious candidates.

1 minute ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Nope. You had success and you didn't recognise it cause you're fucking delusional. Now look where you are. Hell mend you.

I know I’m going to regret engaging with you here. 

But I certainly didn’t participate in hounding out mcinnes, and your statement is complete nonsense. 

I guess it's a pattern that we used to see quite a lot with St Mirren, Goodwin would go on long winless runs where there would be obvious problems with the system and the positions he was putting players in, and everyone would be screaming at him to change things. Then all of a sudden he would and go on a 6/7 game unbeaten run. I guess there is every chance that could happen again.

What used to really cost St Mirren under Goodwin was his insistence on having a tiny squad where there was never enough cover for key areas, so you'd go into Feb/Mar with a knackered squad, half of whom are playing out of position to cover injuries/suspensions. I'm guessing that shouldn't be as much of an issue at Aberdeen.

Just now, GAD said:

I guess it's a pattern that we used to see quite a lot with St Mirren, Goodwin would go on long winless runs where there would be obvious problems with the system and the positions he was putting players in, and everyone would be screaming at him to change things. Then all of a sudden he would and go on a 6/7 game unbeaten run. I guess there is every chance that could happen again.

What used to really cost St Mirren under Goodwin was his insistence on having a tiny squad where there was never enough cover for key areas, so you'd go into Feb/Mar with a knackered squad, half of whom are playing out of position to cover injuries/suspensions. I'm guessing that shouldn't be as much of an issue at Aberdeen.

Au contraire. 

We are desperately short in defence (by 2), which in turn, leaves us at least one light in midfield.

We have about a squillion players that can play wide in midfield though. 

34 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

But I certainly didn’t participate in hounding out mcinnes

I did and let's not rewrite history that McInnes shouldn't have gone when he did, his time was up and rut started with him.

The fact that Cormack has made a mess of finding a suitable successor doesn't mean McInnes shouldn't have left when he did.

Cormack has been too quick to hire and not done the necessary background work to identify someone.

The haste at which Goodwin (and Glass) were appointed was a joke of a proper prawcess.

But nor did we need to hound out McInnes because Cormack wanted his own yes man...

Edited by Bogbrush1903

1 hour ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Parochial thinking.

To hell with going with another domestic manager who has the ingrained mindset & subliminal messaging of Scottish football in their psyche.

Absolutely 100%. The SFA Largs Mafia mindset has held our game back too long imho.

Plus some of these foreign coaches are complete loonballs. We need more of them in our game. 😂 

38 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I did and let's not rewrite history that McInnes shouldn't have gone when he did, his time was up and rut started with him.

The fact that Cormack has made a mess of finding a suitable successor doesn't mean McInnes shouldn't have left when he did.

Cormack has been too quick to hire and not done the necessary background work to identify someone.

The haste at which Goodwin (and Glass) were appointed was a joke of a proper prawcess.

But nor did we need to hound out McInnes because Cormack wanted his own yes man...

^^^^ This.

Opposition fans poking their nose in, knowing f**k all, not having witnessed the abhorrent football McInnes was churning out, week in, week out.

Was it NINE games without a goal?

The last 2 year contract given to him by that idiot Milne was unnecessary.

He was a good manager overall, but was there about 18-24 months too long. 

1 minute ago, Thenorthernlight said:

^^^^ This.

Opposition fans poking their nose in, knowing f**k all, not having witnessed the abhorrent football McInnes was churning out, week in, week out.

Was it NINE games without a goal?

The last 2 year contract given to him by that idiot Milne was unnecessary.

He was a good manager overall, but was there about 18-24 months too long. 

It was also seven years without missing out on European football. How's that working out?

20 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Absolutely 100%. The SFA Largs Mafia mindset has held our game back too long imho.

Plus some of these foreign coaches are complete loonballs. We need more of them in our game. 😂 

Having a lunatic Antonio Conte type, running up & down the line, berating the inept Scottish officials on a weekly basis, would at least be entertaining. 

30 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I think you have that wrong. Samson came on the Friday, sub at Fir Park in the Scottish Cup on the Saturday, Glass sacked on the Sunday 

I could well be. I had it in my head Samson only came in on the day of the game. Seem to remember finding out on the way to for park. 

1 hour ago, HalfCutNinja said:

It was also seven years without missing out on European football. How's that working out?

The fact Mcinnes said his time was up and he had gone stale is a clue here

It wasnt just shit football in Mcinnes last 18 months .

2 wins in his last 14 , failing to score in 8 of them, 6 goalless games in a row (he set the 2 longest runs without a goal scored by Aberdeen across 2 consecutive seasons). He was done

Even Dundee United would get rid of a manager after that run

10 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

The fact Mcinnes said his time was up and he had gone stale is a clue here

It wasnt just shit football in Mcinnes last 18 months .

2 wins in his last 14 , failing to score in 8 of them, 6 goalless games in a row (he set the 2 longest runs without a goal scored by Aberdeen across 2 consecutive seasons). He was done

Even Dundee United would get rid of a manager after that run

These are just temporary bad runs of form. Even Alex Ferguson had that. He would still have got you into Europe, as he did every year.

He probably said he was done as he was sick of delusional Aberdeen fans who didn't recognise success even when it was rammed in their face year after year after year as they are the most delusionally arrogant fanbase in world football.