The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

On 25/12/2022 at 09:57, Dons_1988 said:

I think that’s unfair and quite simplistic. 

God knows he regularly pisses me off and he has his flaws, but since his return we’ve seen a lot of investment in the club, a new training ground, the red shed, a fundamental shift in how we do recruitment which I have no doubt is better than where we were before. 

He’s made a lot of mistakes too, don’t get me wrong but the idea that we’ve just lurched since his return is not a fair assessment. 

Okay, let’s pick the bones of that:- 

Training ground - I’ll give him that, because under Milne, it would never have happened. I’ll ignore the fact he narcissistically named it after himself and that there’s no indoor facility. 

RedShed - Great but it will be his undoing because that same great atmosphere will bring Goodwin down and then possibly the inhabitants will turn their sights on Cormack himself.

Recruitment  - show me the evidence that it’s fundamentally better than before? Wheres the investment in the Scottish market? Do we ignore that now? The Atlanta players, Brown, JET, Bates, Gallagher, Vinnie, Polvara, Ramirez, Stewart, Richardson, Morris, etc etc. are they evidence if an improved recruitment stradagee?

Edited by Afc69

1 hour ago, Rodhull said:

Cretins going after Stewart online. You'd like to hope it's not Aberdeen supporters but given the amount of bellends we have on social media good chance it is.

2 hours ago, Afc69 said:

Training ground - I’ll give him that, because under Milne, it would never have happened. I’ll ignore the fact he narcissistically named it after himself and that there’s no indoor facility. 

RedShed - Great but it will be his undoing because that same great atmosphere will bring Goodwin down and then possibly the inhabitants will turn their sights on Cormack himself.

Recruitment  - show me the evidence that it’s fundamentally better than before? Wheres the investment in the Scottish market? Do we ignore that now? The Atlanta players, Brown, JET, Bates, Gallagher, Vinnie, Polvara, Ramirez, Stewart, Richardson, Morris, etc etc. are they evidence if an improved recruitment stradagee?

So it’s better that our fans sit in silence in case they say something against the team? 😂 the Red Shed has been a fantastic move from Cormack and will benefit us for years to come. 

Recruitment since Mowbray has been significantly better, there’s no two ways about it. I’m not sure it’s our responsibility to invest in the wider Scottish market if the value isn’t there, particularly when Scottish clubs are commanding higher fees, but we’ve significantly invested in our own academy which is more important and is proving fruitful for us.

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

Utterly grim but not hugely surprising, as depressing as that is. 

1 hour ago, Rodhull said:

Cretins going after Stewart online. You'd like to hope it's not Aberdeen supporters but given the amount of bellends we have on social media good chance it is.

Stewart shouldn't be anywhere near the Aberdeen team but his colour has nothing to do his lack of ability. I hope whichever numbskull was stupid enough to give Stewart racist abuse is outed and receives the punishment that is deserved for racist abuse

2 hours ago, Afc69 said:

1) I sort of agree, I’d rather it was named after teddy scott or someone more worthy but who really cares, he made it happen. 

2) don’t get this one - this comes with a partisan crowd, if he stopped anything like the red shed to protect himself from criticism he’d be rightly crucified. It’s been a brilliant initiative. 

3) the summer window was the first shot at the new recruitment system (well technically January I suppose but JET etc we’re not part of the new system). I think we’ve done some great business tbh that we’ll see a return on investment on, but we were in a tricky position where we basically had to replace an entire team. I can’t really evidence anything to you but I’m convinced the recruitment process is now significantly better. 

2 hours ago, Afc69 said:

Cormark is speculating at the moment which the club has losing over 4 million over the last 2 seasons. Without Cormark money then Aberdeen wage bill would be 2 million less each season. 

I don't agree with Cormark doing it this way but understand it as finishing 3rd or Scottish Cup win is financially rewarding for any club outside Rangers and Celtic (Hearts made 3 million this season).

Edited by betting competition

3 hours ago, Rodhull said:

This is absolutely pathetic. f**k anyone who goes down this route. 

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

This is absolutely pathetic. f**k anyone who goes down this route. 

It's embarrassing and deeply depressing. I really hope that light can be shone on social media morons like this and expose them.

From the club's point of view, how can we attract the best players possible to the club or keep our stand out performers when players start discussing this type of moronic , ignorant hate speech?

Obviously it's still an issue in the whole of the UK as in the rest of Europe but it's a real shame that the club gets associated with it because of a cowardly social media message from a halfwit.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

11 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

It's embarrassing and deeply depressing. I really hope that light can be shone on social media morons like this and expose them.

From the club's point of view, how can we attract the best players possible to the club or keep our stand out performers when players start discussing this type of moronic , ignorant hate speech?

Obviously it's still an issue in the whole of the UK as in the rest of Europe but it's a real shame that the club gets associated with it because of a cowardly social media message from a halfwit.

Don’t know why any of you are surprised, there’s a sub forum called pub chat in one of your unofficial club forums, which has the most openly rancid racism I have seen. They’re competing to see who can be the most offensive. 

14 minutes ago, Rugbypark said:

Don’t know why any of you are surprised, there’s a sub forum called pub chat in one of your unofficial club forums, which has the most openly rancid racism I have seen. They’re competing to see who can be the most offensive. 

Haven't seen anyone saying they're surprised. Disappointed, embarrassed, angry? Yes, but it's not surprising. We, like all supports, have some fucking idiots. I hope whoever it was gets caught and dealt with properly. 

Every club has its share of idiots.

All we can do is deal with situations as they present themselves on the terraces or online.

If only our governing bodies would take a zero tolerance approach to the biggest problem that face Scottish football which is religious bigotry we could look to tackle other issues with the same approach.

However the SFA, the SPFL and the two clubs concerned actually use religious intolerance to sell the “oldest football derby” in the world.

It sickens me that UEFA can fine both these clubs for behaviour involving their fans in Europe yet the SFA and the SPFL just ignore the issue at a domestic level as it brings money into the game. 

It is fucking corrupt. 

Maxwell and Doncaster are afraid to tackle the issue as they know they will be targeted by the scum that follow follow/hail hail these clubs.

1 hour ago, Rugbypark said:

You sound like an ambulance chaser, going looking for offensive posts.

Why would you go into an opposition fans forum, then a sub forum?

You are right though in that some of the content is made by absolute f@nnies who are purely seeking attention. 

23 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

You sound like an ambulance chaser, going looking for offensive posts.

Why would you go into an opposition fans forum, then a sub forum?

You are right though in that some of the content is made by absolute f@nnies who are purely seeking attention. 

I think the answer to that question is cunningly hidden within your final sentence 😉