The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

22 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I have in my head, on the basis of very little fact, that Goodwin was responsible for all signings from England and the recruitment team for all the good ones. Probably unfair. 

No idea if true but I like it so , I shall be spreading it as gospel from here on in.

I certainly wasn't in favour of Barry Robson being made permanent manager when he first took over the interim role, and posted that he would definitely not be made manager. Given the run he's got us on, he must be given the job before we come back for the post split matches. Seven wins in a row, including against the second and fourth placed teams, five points clear in third with five matches left, the first team in the Premiership to have five clean sheets in a row this season, eight matches since we lost a goal that wasn't a penalty. F*ck*ng hell, we must give him the job, now.

I’ve heard it’s very much in our interests that Nottingham Forest stay up this season.

We’re apparently due a decent six figure sum if they do as part of the McKenna deal. We’re also due to get a further fee if he hits 25 appearances in the EPL. He’s got 20 so far but unfortunately will miss the rest of the season through injury.

6 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I certainly wasn't in favour of Barry Robson being made permanent manager when he first took over the interim role, and posted that he would definitely not be made manager. Given the run he's got us on, he must be given the job before we come back for the post split matches. Seven wins in a row, including against the second and fourth placed teams, five points clear in third with five matches left, the first team in the Premiership to have five clean sheets in a row this season, eight matches since we lost a goal that wasn't a penalty. F*ck*ng hell, we must give him the job, now.

I'm still not convinced...

5 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

How many loyalty points do you normally require for Hearts away?

Or in other words, what's the points threshold for the first ticket sale?

Think last time it started about 500 points but that was a midweek game. Will expect it to start at 600 points this time. 

Only getting 600 tickets and the club will have to make sure those that go to every game without DNA gets as well.  

Edited by betting competition

8 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

The club need to try and strike an arrangement with Hearts. The away end was always sold out before this cut to 600. We give hearts 1600.

They still give the allocation we used to get to Celtic and Sevco, so why not us?

No chance that is happening as Hearts are selling out their ground. Celtic will get 1200 allocation this season as they have an agreement in place. Next season I would expect Rangers/Celtic cut to 600 like all teams apart from Hibs who still get 3k. 

Edited by betting competition

2 minutes ago, betting competition said:

No chance that is happening as Hearts are selling out their ground. Celtic will get 1200 allocation this season as they have an agreement in place. Next season I would expect Rangers/Celtic cut to 600 like all teams apart from Hibs who still get 3k. 

Ah ok I didn’t realise Celtics etc. was also about to be cut to 600.

cheers

26 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

The club need to try and strike an arrangement with Hearts. The away end was always sold out before this cut to 600. We give hearts 1600.

They still give the allocation we used to get to Celtic and Sevco, so why not us?

Has to be up to Hearts. I've no problem with them giving us whatever they want. It's a pain in the arse, but their perogative.