The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 hours ago, tarapoa said:

He spent ages talking about Hearts last week.

Still not sure if he's that bad a manager, or Robson is just better at standing up to the powers-that-be in all the play out from the back open attacking philosophy stuff.

I would argue that Robson’s approach is much more in line with what the club put out in their strategy document than Goodwin’s or Glass’s.

4B73DE97-3D4C-487D-8F4F-D99D5502AC61.thumb.jpeg.73370530c9b1a6435990e860a2e0a1e4.jpeg

35 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Was it the same pundits that all said Pittman's and Holt's red cards shouldn't have been given? 

We lost our appeals too.

Some professional pundits still subscribe to the 'but he got the ball' mantra. The heads gone some pundits are having over it is bizarre. 

I'd say the Livi ones, particularly Pittman's were more debatable than Shinnie's. I get the debate on whether it merited an additional game but I was surprised when Aberdeen appealed the red card  in the first place. 

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Has there been any word at all from Aberdeen about this daft tier 5 conference thing or trying to get a B team into the Highland League?

Been to a few events with those involved with the youth set up and it doesn't look like Aberdeen like the idea of B teams. They said they would have to sign players that would never make the grade and prefer putting players on loan to Championship/League 1/League 2 teams.

Edited by betting competition

7 minutes ago, betting competition said:

That statement makes a lot of sense to me and pretty much reflects what I think. 

I really think there’s enough inconsistency in refereeing in-game without this arbitrary ability to add a games suspension for judging an appeal to be frivolous. 

23 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Oops, never saw this had already been posted. Not really expecting much to be done about it but it certainly doesn't put the SFA in a good light fo have such a shoddy process where they can pretty much make it up as they go along on a case by case basis.

9 hours ago, Leith Green said:

These bits were the ones that tickled me the most - 

"Scottish FA rules prohibit us from commenting publicly on such decisions, but having been accused of presenting a frivolous appeal our supporters need to know that this is not only insulting to the Club but grossly unfair and entirely untrue. To add a further match ban seems ridiculously harsh and unnecessary.

We are publicly asking the Scottish FA to urgently review our appeal with a new panel."

Appealing an appeal? Seems frivolous.

8 game ban incoming

4 hours ago, tarapoa said:

He spent ages talking about Hearts last week.

Still not sure if he's that bad a manager, or Robson is just better at standing up to the powers-that-be in all the play out from the back open attacking philosophy stuff.

When he was interim in the period between Glass and Goodwin, Robson gave an interview before one of the matches that suggested a pragmatic approach.  I can't remember the exact words but the gist of it was that you needed to set up a team to get results which wasn't always about playing nice football.  I remember thinking at the time that it was a surprisingly honest and/or brave and/or stupid thing to say if he had serious hopes of getting the job.

15 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Love the subtle, but fantastic dig at the vermin.

Google “Mulan let’s get down to business” lyrics…. 

Brilliant from the club 😄

Sounds like sectarian hate speech*, slap another five points on the deduction we're getting for the statement. 

*if you're a sash singing knuckle dragging pathetic loser kind of guy