The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Can someone help me identify this person in the cap please? Is it Andy Watson? It doesn't look like Andy Watson facially though?

Was it only Fergie and Ian Angus of the people still alive that didn't make it?

Did Roland Arnott the physio come up?

It was good to see The Big Red Alex McLeish looking healthy and in good spirits.

Screenshot_2023-05-13-22-19-09-65_6012fa4d4ddec268fc5c7112cbb265e7.thumb.jpg.a00fbab07af7ef6be6c1f538be1a7b73.jpg

Edited by Bogbrush1903

4 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Can someone help me identify this person in the cap please? Is it Andy Watson? It doesn't look like Andy Watson facially though?

It was good to see The Big Red Alex McLeish looking healthy and in good spirits.

Screenshot_2023-05-13-22-19-09-65_6012fa4d4ddec268fc5c7112cbb265e7.thumb.jpg.a00fbab07af7ef6be6c1f538be1a7b73.jpg

Ian Angus was at the ceremony on Friday.

Pretty sure it's Andy Watson. He had similar garb on yesterday too.

9 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

It's Andy Watson.

55 minutes ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

That's 5 out of the last 6 games where we've had big decisions go against us. Funnily enough, the only game where we didn't have anything go against us was the **** at home.

Simply has to stop. 

To quote Shinnie yesterday, "VAR is not our friend".

Yesterdays performance helped further highlight inadequacies within the squad. Clearly a strong summer window is much needed.

Roos, Joe Lewis, MacDonald, Duk, Miovski, Ramadani, Hayes, McKenzie and Duncan are a decent foundation of players to build a squad on. 

Hope to see Scales and Shinnie return permanently this summer. Potentially Nicky Devlin.

Clarkson, Pollock, Coulson, Gorter, Myslovic and Markanday are all unlikely to return.

Most likely leaving: Ross McCrorie (hopeful for 2.5 million), Dean Campbell, Matty Kennedy, Connor McLennan, Marley Watkins and Anthony Stewart.

A good chance they'll leave: Connor Barron, Kieran Ngwenya (on loan), Dante Polvara, Jack Milne (on loan) and Jayden Richardson.

Not Sure: Shayden Morris, Cal Roberts and Besuijen.

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Yesterdays performance helped further highlight inadequacies within the squad. Clearly a strong summer window is much needed.

Roos, Joe Lewis, MacDonald, Duk, Miovski, Ramadani, Hayes, McKenzie and Duncan are a decent foundation of players to build a squad on. 

Hope to see Scales and Shinnie return permanently this summer. Potentially Nicky Devlin.

Clarkson, Pollock, Coulson, Gorter, Myslovic and Markanday are all unlikely to return.

Most likely leaving: Ross McCrorie (hopeful for 2.5 million), Dean Campbell, Matty Kennedy, Connor McLennan, Marley Watkins and Anthony Stewart.

A good chance they'll leave: Connor Barron, Kieran Ngwenya (on loan), Dante Polvara, Jack Milne (on loan) and Jayden Richardson.

I would agree with most of that, except I think Lewis will either leave or move into a coaching role, and I think Jack Milne is well regarded and has had a decent loan spell at Kelty.

I think Watkins is a decent squad option given that he can play in a couple of roles up front, but I don't know what will happen there.

1 hour ago, O_Kahn said:

I would agree with most of that, except I think Lewis will either leave or move into a coaching role, and I think Jack Milne is well regarded and has had a decent loan spell at Kelty.

I think Watkins is a decent squad option given that he can play in a couple of roles up front, but I don't know what will happen there.

Joe's loon is the 2014s Aberdeen goalie.

Word is they are looking for a keeper so there's a chance he's off.

3 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Like someone else has said, can't see Joe Lewis being kept on as the back up keeper, and I'm sure that Jack Milne has some promise. Connor Barron will only leave if we are offered a decent fee for him. Also pretty sure that Vinnie will be with us next season.

7 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I presume we'll have a dabble at Clarkson/Pollock on transfer/loan but its a good guess that it wont work out.

Suspect Joe Lewis will be away by September 1st but you never know.

Agree on everything else and I'd think everyone is just presuming Shinnie will definitely happen and he'll be appointed permanent captain. 

Could be a lot leaving this summer; 15+

20 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Would be a blow for sure but he hasn’t looked fully fit for the last couple of games as it is so maybe not as big a loss as if he he had been flying like a few weeks back.

I’ll remind you of that when you see Marley Watkins tip toeing round Tynecastle doing the square root of hee haw next Saturday.

48 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Would be a blow for sure but he hasn’t looked fully fit for the last couple of games as it is so maybe not as big a loss as if he he had been flying like a few weeks back.

It's a massive loss, we lost any attacking impetus we may have had (although it was that barely anything) when he went off yesterday

8 hours ago, highland_mechanic said:

It's a massive loss, we lost any attacking impetus we may have had (although it was that barely anything) when he went off yesterday

Unfair suspensions, mystery operations, hamstrings................we must be approaching some really key games for AFC.

Hopefully Barry's strategy is somewhat more cohesive than Saturday, as right now smuggling a backs-to-the-wall draw from Tynecastle possibly feels more doable than beating St Mirren.