The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

14 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

If you want to keep up your status as the ex-Dons retirement home then Joe Lewis will probably be moving on. 

Connor McLennan and Dean Campbell will probably be released but I don’t think they’d drop to League 1. 

I think we’ll look to loan out Alfie Bavidge who has scored a barrel-load at youth level. I don’t know yet if he can transfer that form into senior football but could be an option.

It's interesting you say that about Bavidge.

As per normal with young players from youth team that show a hint of talent, the fans have been wanting Robson to throw them on,  in this case, at the expense of Watkins.

However, I watched Bavidge give up on a ball against Hearts when I thought he was in position to chase and challenge.

Perhaps a spell down the leagues, maybe at Sevcove, would improve workrate and hunger.

I'm not saying he's lazy, I've barely seen him play, but that incident was right in front of Robson so I can understand that Robson may think he isn't ready for more minutes in the first team yet.

Of course, drawing conclusions from one incident is dubious, and he might go and have a terrifc preseason and start seeing more minutes.

2 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

As per normal with young players from youth team that show a hint of talent, the fans have been wanting Robson to throw them on,  in this case, at the expense of Watkins.

However, I watched Bavidge give up on a ball against Hearts when I thought he was in position to chase and challenge.

Perhaps a spell down the leagues, maybe at Sevcove, would improve workrate and hunger.

I'm not saying he's lazy, I've barely seen him play, but that incident was right in front of Robson so I can understand that Robson may think he isn't ready for more minutes in the first team yet.

Of course, drawing conclusions from one incident is dubious, and he might go and have a terrifc preseason and start seeing more minutes.

He should follow in his dad's footsteps.  Balmoor is waiting.

3 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I think a spell on loan where he’s likely to play regularly, would do him more good than a random 5 minutes here & there with us.

League One - Cove? 

A higher standard than the Development League. 

A trip to London at the end of pre-season.

Early July - training camp in Portugal

Wednesday 12th July v Turriff United FC

Saturday 15th July v Fraserburgh FC

Saturday 29th July v Charlton Athletic FC

I hadn't realised how much later our European matches will be this year.  Conference League QR3 starts on August 10th, and August 24th for the Europa League playoffs.

DId we start our campaign in June one season under McInnes?

Edited by O_Kahn

15 minutes ago, O_Kahn said:

I hadn't realised how much later our European matches will be this year.  Conference League QR3 starts on August 10th, and August 24th for the Europa League playoffs.

I’m sure we played a European Qualifier even before the World Cup had even finished one year.  

1 hour ago, O_Kahn said:

Between the 15th & 29th there will almost certainly be another game.

One of the League Cup teams who have the weekend off? 

2 hours ago, d31 said:

From the back of my mind I think it was the Fola Esch home tie that was in June? 

That's it, June 30th 2016.  

Playing competitive matches before the schoolkids had even broken up for the summer hols.  Absolutely obscene.

9 minutes ago, O_Kahn said:

That's it, June 30th 2016.  

Playing competitive matches before the schoolkids had even broken up for the summer hols.  Absolutely obscene.

The away leg was in between the euro 2016 semi finals. We got that for finishing second as well.

5 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Between the 15th & 29th there will almost certainly be another game.

One of the League Cup teams who have the weekend off? 

There was mention of a “glamour “ home friendly on 22nd of July at one of the Q&A sessions last week. 

5 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Was that not the Lithuanian hammer throwers we pumped 5-0 at Pittodrie?
Maybe Latvian 

Thinking back Riga for some reason. Remember one their fans in the main stand just chanting Riga, Riga, Riga the whole 45 minutes. He was gone by the second half 

5 minutes ago, Moorie said:

Thinking back Riga for some reason. Remember one their fans in the main stand just chanting Riga, Riga, Riga the whole 45 minutes. He was gone by the second half 

Aye. 
Daugava Riga.   
9 years ago

Albeit NOT June, it was very early July 

https://www.afc.co.uk/2014/07/03/match-report-aberdeen-5-fk-daugava-riga-0/

Edited by Thenorthernlight

2 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Aye. 
Daugava Riga.   
9 years ago

Albeit NOT June, it was very early July 

https://www.afc.co.uk/2014/07/03/match-report-aberdeen-5-fk-daugava-riga-0/

Incredible that was 9 years ago already. Back when you could pay one offs for premier sport to watch the Aberdeen in Europe games.

13 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

Any word on Miovski? Read that he will be fine for pre season but haven't seen anything official.

What do you need that’s more official than a twitter post citing “miovski’s representatives”? 

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

What do you need that’s more official than a twitter post citing “miovski’s representatives”? 

Very true. But I'd prefer a haruldur ingolfsson exclusive tbqh 👀

5 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Resting for 3 weeks, then rehabbing for 3 weeks.

Will miss the first two weeks of pre-season.

As per Barry Robson on REDTV today. 

Ta, will have a gander after the final.