The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Kelle Roos going into his final year of his contract. I think it's a priority to extend his contract. He's been key to our league success this season. As valuable as Duk and Miovski.

Not sure success is a word that should be associated with last season. 

I’m still not completely sold on Roos tbh. He was good post-injury but pretty poor the first half of the season and still a bit debatable in the air, even when he’s played well.

I’m hoping we get more of the latter Roos than the former, but judging by his previous history I’m not sure. I feel he’s relatively replaceable.

In terms of points haul, last season is 7th best in the past decade (equal with the anticipated number in the Covid-curtailed 30-game season).

Yet all we got for all those 70+ point runners-up positions was eventually a measly seeded slot in the Europa QR2.

Now, with such a bang average points haul, but for a late Billy McKay sclaffed winner tomorrow evening that keeps ringing round my head, then we're in the land of milk and honey.  Incredible really that tomorrow's otherwise rather dull looking cup final is now AFC's most lucrative game in 16 years (and we're not even playing).

positions.jpg

Edited by tarapoa

3 hours ago, AngusTheBull said:

I’m still not completely sold on Roos tbh. He was good post-injury but pretty poor the first half of the season and still a bit debatable in the air, even when he’s played well.

I’m hoping we get more of the latter Roos than the former, but judging by his previous history I’m not sure. I feel he’s relatively replaceable.

He was not "pretty poor", that's simply nonsense. He perhaps made one or two mistakes but "pretty poor" is sensationalist pish.

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

He was not "pretty poor", that's simply nonsense. He perhaps made one or two mistakes but "pretty poor" is sensationalist pish.

I don’t disagree with you but not sure ‘pretty poor’ is sensationalist. In fact it’s incredibly mild for the internet. 

4 hours ago, naegoodinthedark said:

Maybe I’m being overly negative. The memory of the worst result ever, and some utterly horrible performances is still quite fresh.

Still a bit of hurt and anger with the Darvel carry on. Still weird looking at the league and seeing the team in 3rd goal difference -4 

I don't think Roos was poor at all in the first half of the season. There were a couple of goals he could have done a bit better with, but that was exactly the same for peak Lewis too. If I remember correctly, by the World Cup break he had the best xG differential in the league by a distance. 

I think the stuff about him not coming off his line and not 'commanding his box' is a bit on the lazy side. Some of the crosses he was being criticised for not taking were absolutely wild shouts. It was almost certainly exacerbated by how dismally our defence were dealing with set-pieces under Goodwin, so you had people pointing the finger at Roos when really he was also suffering by not having a competent defence in front of him. 

21 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I don’t disagree with you but not sure ‘pretty poor’ is sensationalist. In fact it’s incredibly mild for the internet. 

Yeah, I thought it a tad over the top once I had pressed submit. But it's in the ballpark so can't be bothered editing.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

Yeah, I thought it a tad over the top once I had pressed submit. But it's in the ballpark so can't be bothered editing.

Fear not KJ for here is a sensationalist summary of his season.

Kelle Roos's Aberdeen Adventure: A Goalkeeping Rollercoaster!

In a whirlwind season that had fans on the edge of their seats, Kelle Roos took the Scottish Premiership by storm as he donned the gloves for Aberdeen Football Club. The Dutch shot-stopper arrived with a bang, leaving supporters with jaws dropped and hearts racing.

From the very first match, Roos showcased his mind-boggling reflexes and lightning-fast reactions. It was as if he had a sixth sense, diving in every direction to make jaw-dropping saves that defied the laws of physics. His acrobatics in front of the net left opponents scratching their heads in disbelief.

But it wasn't just his remarkable shot-stopping abilities that had fans swooning. Roos's unrivaled command of the penalty area struck fear into the hearts of opposing strikers. He dominated the six-yard box like a gladiator, clearing crosses with the ferocity of a lion protecting its territory. No ball was safe when Roos was between the posts.

And let's not forget his distribution skills! Roos possessed the precision of a sniper, launching long, pinpoint passes that left his teammates in awe. With one flick of his wrist, he could ignite a lightning-fast counterattack, leaving opponents in his dust.

However, as with any thrilling rollercoaster ride, there were heart-stopping moments that had supporters on the edge of their seats. Roos's risk-taking nature occasionally led to heart-in-mouth situations, where he'd dance dangerously close to the line between hero and villain. But somehow, just when it seemed like disaster was inevitable, he'd pull off an incredible save, leaving fans both exhilarated and relieved.

Roos's season at Aberdeen was a nail-biting journey of highs and lows, a breathtaking display of skill and bravery that will be etched in the memories of fans forever. His fearless presence in the goalmouth made him a fan favorite, and his performances sent shockwaves through the Scottish Premiership.

As the season came to a close, Roos left a lasting legacy at Aberdeen, securing his place among the goalkeeping greats. His name will forever be whispered in awe and admiration, a testament to his electrifying season that left fans gasping for air. Kelle Roos's Aberdeen adventure was nothing short of sensational, an unforgettable chapter in the club's history.

15 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

Fear not KJ for here is a sensationalist summary of his season.

Kelle Roos's Aberdeen Adventure: A Goalkeeping Rollercoaster!

In a whirlwind season that had fans on the edge of their seats, Kelle Roos took the Scottish Premiership by storm as he donned the gloves for Aberdeen Football Club. The Dutch shot-stopper arrived with a bang, leaving supporters with jaws dropped and hearts racing.

From the very first match, Roos showcased his mind-boggling reflexes and lightning-fast reactions. It was as if he had a sixth sense, diving in every direction to make jaw-dropping saves that defied the laws of physics. His acrobatics in front of the net left opponents scratching their heads in disbelief.

But it wasn't just his remarkable shot-stopping abilities that had fans swooning. Roos's unrivaled command of the penalty area struck fear into the hearts of opposing strikers. He dominated the six-yard box like a gladiator, clearing crosses with the ferocity of a lion protecting its territory. No ball was safe when Roos was between the posts.

And let's not forget his distribution skills! Roos possessed the precision of a sniper, launching long, pinpoint passes that left his teammates in awe. With one flick of his wrist, he could ignite a lightning-fast counterattack, leaving opponents in his dust.

However, as with any thrilling rollercoaster ride, there were heart-stopping moments that had supporters on the edge of their seats. Roos's risk-taking nature occasionally led to heart-in-mouth situations, where he'd dance dangerously close to the line between hero and villain. But somehow, just when it seemed like disaster was inevitable, he'd pull off an incredible save, leaving fans both exhilarated and relieved.

Roos's season at Aberdeen was a nail-biting journey of highs and lows, a breathtaking display of skill and bravery that will be etched in the memories of fans forever. His fearless presence in the goalmouth made him a fan favorite, and his performances sent shockwaves through the Scottish Premiership.

As the season came to a close, Roos left a lasting legacy at Aberdeen, securing his place among the goalkeeping greats. His name will forever be whispered in awe and admiration, a testament to his electrifying season that left fans gasping for air. Kelle Roos's Aberdeen adventure was nothing short of sensational, an unforgettable chapter in the club's history.

Have I hit a nerve?

mizo.png.2b4c4d70f7c769bf029e10c4dadcc163.png

Seems a decent punt tbf, considering hes only 22.

Very comfortable in possession when playing deep, no real weakness defensively on show, and happy running with the ball.