The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

17 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Was you at the 1980 match?

No I wasn't mate but I did attend both days of the 1981 pre season tournament.

There were some pretty well knew faces on show over the couple of days including Keegan, Charlie George, Alan Ball, Mick Channon.

We positively ripped the Southampton team containing the above apart 5-1 on the Sunday.

Future Arabs manager Ivan Golac also played.

If I remember correctly we won the princely sum of £25,000 as prize money 😂  

17 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Rumours of Clarkson signing a 4 year deal.....

4 year deal is brilliant bit of business. Fully expect him to be sold on before that is up for a huge profit. 

3 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

No I wasn't mate but I did attend both days of the 1981 pre season tournament.

There were some pretty well knew faces on show over the couple of days including Keegan, Charlie George, Alan Ball, Mick Channon.

We positively ripped the Southampton team containing the above apart 5-1 on the Sunday.

Future Arabs manager Ivan Golac also played.

If I remember correctly we won the princely sum of £25,000 as prize money 😂  

15k 😆

https://www.afc.co.uk/2022/06/01/1981-pittodrie-summer-tournament/

I'm trying to not get carried away, but this is (potentially) a great bit of business by AFC. Without knowing what other offers, if any, were on the table for him, it says a lot about Clarkson (and also his agent) that he's prepared to sign on for 4 years with us.

It's far better for his career progression that he's playing 1st team football, week-in, week-out, and not sitting on a bench picking up a big wage. Good long-term planning on his behalf in my opinion, and a sign that the kid has his head screwed on right.

He must see enough in the set-up at AFC, and in Robson and Agnew that has convinced him that this is a good place to be right now, and that bodes well for the immediate future. There have maybe been some reassurances given on new incoming players that got the deal over the line?

The dressing room seems to be a real tight-knit group, bringing Clarkson back gives continuity, and those qualities are needed to be successful.

Exposure to European football is massive for a kid like him in his development, if we can consistently qualify for the group stages of European competitions, then it opens the door to a whole new standard of player that we can attract.

This new business model is a risky one, as it almost certainly means a higher turnover in playing staff and relies on good quality scouting to identify suitable replacements or a similar or higher quality. But so far, the signs are good.

COYR

Edit - I'd like to see Vicente Besuijen given another go. Goodwin threw him under the bus, but I still think there's a player in there.

Edited by Enrico Pallazzo

24 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

Undisclosed, just make something up like everyone else 😀

Just read £1.6m on some random twitter.

According to the Daily Record its a small 6 figure. However its also being reported Liverpool have a large sell on clause (probably 50%).

3 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

If it was over £1m, we'd be screaming out about it being a transfer record.

If its under £1m its one of the best bits of business ive ever seen.

8 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

the Daily Record

33 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

just make something up 

😉

1 minute ago, DukDukGoose said:

If it was over £1m, we'd be screaming out about it being a transfer record.

I wouldn't be screaming about breaking transfer records whilst actively trying to recruit players.