The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Apparently Burrows said at the AGM that Celtic want too much for Scales so a loan move is more likely to happen. Aberdeen fans won't be pleased by that.

Sounds like 2-3 signings will be made this week. Foreign players could take a while to arrive due to visa issues. 

5-10 years to make the new stadium a reality.

If Celtic are wanting a figure not far off from a million then a loan move is ok. However there is still a decent loan fee involved in that and obviously we are not securing a player permanently.

The recruitment team has proven to be a success since its implementation under Mowbray which is why I'm just a little surprised we haven't been able to source an alternative to Scales (a cheaper one at that) whose possibly an even better player.

I like Scales and overall he's been a good signing for us however I think its fair to say we could probably do better given the money Celtic want/its a loan move yet again. I'll be pleased if he returns just disappointed we haven't secured him permanently and agree with Aberdeen's assessment that he's not worth 750k+. 

Hopefully Jordan Miles can target that position over the next 12 months and find a decent left back for us.

Scales is worth no more than what clubs are prepared to pay.

It's hard to tell based on last season whether he's a good player in the making who had a shaky spell or a bombscare who had a handful of good games. The shaky spell was longer. 

We shouldn't be offering more than a couple of hundred thousand. If Celtic think the can get more elsewhere, let them and move on. 

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

Scales is worth no more than what clubs are prepared to pay.

It's hard to tell based on last season whether he's a good player in the making who had a shaky spell or a bombscare who had a handful of good games. The shaky spell was longer. 

We shouldn't be offering more than a couple of hundred thousand. If Celtic think the can get more elsewhere, let them and move on. 

As seen in the past a defender can look like a future star next to the correct partner. Only for the the latter to move on and leave the player looking like a jobber 

Celtic seem to like this scenario of guys who score against Sevco (Christie, Scales) being unable to play against them.

Probably a reason why loans between clubs in the same division should not be allowed.

Even the season 15/16 when we started with 8 wins in a row - it was a screamer from Christie in Inverness that stopped that - the same Christie who was a Celtic player at the time and couldn't score similar screamers against them.

I would like Scales to sign if Robson is sticking with the back three, especially because he is left-footed and progresses the ball reasonably well. It is rare to get a left-sided centre-back who is as comfortable in that role as he was under Robson last season, at least at this level. If we were playing a back four then I would be significantly less fussed about it.