The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

I would rather he was staying for continuity, but if you had told me at the end of last season that I had to pick one to not be with us from Ramadani, Shinnie and Clarkson, I would have answered Ramadani without any hesitation. 

Slightly baffled that some of our fans think any seven-figure bid is too low for him. Almost as baffled as I am by a Serie A club actually valuing him at that. 

Edited by DrewDon

17 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Seeing on twitter that it looks like the Serb has been confirmed as done by his team over there. €230,000 seems to be the fee.

edit: never mind

Robsons comment “He has had to be patient as we worked through the process, so I’m delighted to get this one finally over the line” suggests the visa etc is in place & he’ll be available for Livingston? 

8 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Robsons comment “He has had to be patient as we worked through the process, so I’m delighted to get this one finally over the line” suggests the visa etc is in place & he’ll be available for Livingston? 

Nap to get sent off so can't play against Celtic

22 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Hopefully.

Noticed the boy has weirdly small ears for a head that large.

Cormack said we are close to confirming two defenders (Rubezic being one). Hopefully both available for the Livingston match. A further 2-3 players being targeted after the 2 defenders are signed.

Ramadani is a good player. I think it would be rather telling if we could see his stats/metrics compared to the rest of the SPL. I honestly think 1 million is far too low for Ramadani. He still has 2 years left on his current contract. 1.5 million minimum.

2 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Cormack said we are close to confirming two defenders (Rubezic being one). Hopefully both available for the Livingston match. A further 2-3 players being targeted after the 2 defenders are signed.

Ramadani is a good player. I think it would be rather telling if we could see his stats/metrics compared to the rest of the SPL. I honestly think 1 million is far too low for Ramadani. He still has 2 years left on his current contract. 1.5 million minimum.

I like this Mishov fella, drinking on a school night.🤪

Screenshot_20230731_205649_X.thumb.jpg.f8ba9951dbf3db496c8ec6c6a5d10921.jpg

2 hours ago, scoobles said:

Nap to get sent off so can't play against Celtic

It did say on the club site he played in 37 of Novi Pazar's 41 matches last season, with only suspension stopping him playing every game.

Below is the reason he wasn't an ever present apparently.

неозбиљан призив

Edited by tarapoa

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

£1m for a 27 year old ramadani is a very good bit of business from last summer. He’s decent but he’s more cult hero type than genuine quality.

He’s a good player but you feel he’s one we could replace fairly easily with similar quality/characteristics than a lot of others.
£1m profit for a decent player we’ve had for one season is very good business.

38 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Why do you think he is worth that? I pose this as a genuine question - I am interested in what I might be missing. I think Ramadani is a steady to good Scottish Premiership midfielder. But his passing is variable, he doesn't score many goals, he isn't particularly creative, his tackling is a bit suspect, he isn't particularly good at screening a defence. He also isn't a youngster with development potential, so presumably won't have much of a resale value. 

Also, he would be going to Serie A. I can't pretend to watch much Italian football, but he is going to be playing against some really good players and top clubs there. And it is against the better opposition in our league that he has struggled most, for me. Even against the Edinburgh clubs, he sometimes struggled to stamp his authority on the game and got bypassed (especially when Shinnie wasn't with him). For balance, I have also seen him have some really good games - the 2-1 win at Fir Park under Goodwin, for example - but I didn't quite see him back it up often enough. I genuinely thought we were likely his ceiling, which would be absolutely fine for both parties. 

I think I can recognise his qualities - he works and presses hard, his reading of the game can be good, he finds space quite well out of possession - but I'm genuinely struggling to see what he would offer a Serie A team at that price tag. 

Saying that, their guys no doubt know more much more about what makes a good footballer than I do, so fair play to him if he actually gets his move. It would be a really impressive move for him, given his age and career to date. 

Edited by DrewDon

23 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

£1m for a 27 year old ramadani is a very good bit of business from last summer. He’s decent but he’s more cult hero type than genuine quality.

Would Baccus at St Mirren be a decent replacement?

About £300k, with £700k change to invest elsewhere 

4 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Why do you think he is worth that? I pose this as a genuine question - I am interested in what I might be missing. I think Ramadani is a steady to good Scottish Premiership midfielder. But his passing is variable, he doesn't score many goals, he isn't particularly creative, his tackling is a bit suspect, he isn't particularly good at screening a defence. He also isn't a youngster with development potential, so presumably won't have much of a resale value. 

Also, he would be going to Serie A. I can't pretend to watch much Italian football, but he is going to be playing against some really good players and top clubs there. And it is against the better opposition in our league that he has struggled most, for me. Even against the Edinburgh clubs, he sometimes struggled to stamp his authority on the game and got bypassed (especially when Shinnie wasn't with him). For balance, I have also seen him have some really good games - the 2-1 win at Fir Park under Goodwin, for example - but I didn't quite see him back it up often enough. I genuinely thought we were likely his ceiling, which would be absolutely fine for both parties. 

I think I can recognise his qualities - he works and presses hard, his reading of the game can be good, he finds space quite well out of possession - but I'm genuinely struggling to see what he would offer a Serie A team at that price tag. 

Saying that, their guys no doubt know more much more about what makes a good footballer than I do, so fair play to him if he actually gets his move. It would be a really impressive move for him, given his age and career to date. 

Can this wait until after they've paid us?