The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

We need to register the EL squad by midnight tomorrow. Hopefully cram a couple of signings in by then? 

We should be ok on the locally trained players front. I make it :

Club

Ritchie, Milne, McKenzie, Barron, Duncan, Marshall

Association 

Shinnie, Devlin, Doohan. 

Maybe a couple of those listed as "club" shouldn't be. Don't know how loans out might affect the qualifying rules. I don't think they do. 

Of those i think both Duncan or Marshall could go on list B and not count towards the 25 man limit. Currently that would leave us short of the 8 but if we signed another "local" player we could have a 27 man squad. 

I count 23 currently. 

Four more to go. Busy 24 hrs coming. 

There used to be a chance to register up to 2 players 24 hours before a European tie. 

Not sure if the squad is submitted today or tomorrow but yes we can add/swap 2 player next Wednesday. 

Clearly might be no use for the first leg but you saw Hibs rushing through the Will Fish signing and then he started the second leg

56 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

There used to be a chance to register up to 2 players 24 hours before a European tie. 

You are correct:

https://documents.uefa.com/r/Regulations-of-the-UEFA-Europa-Conference-League-2023/24/Article-45-Player-lists-Online

For the qualifying phase and the play-offs, a club may register a maximum of two new eligible players on List A after the above-mentioned deadlines, provided the quota of locally trained players is respected. Such registration must be completed by 24.00CET on the day before the relevant first-leg match and the club’s association must confirm in writing that the new player is eligible to play at domestic level at this time.

16 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Someone needs to wake him up. 

This rhetoric from Robson about “we’ll wait until the next window if needs be” is a joke, surely.

We don’t have anywhere near the quantity or quality of squad to deal what we have ahead of us this season.

Its not always possible to resolve every issue in one window, tbf.

Are you better waiting for a better player to pop up in 6/12 months and run weak, or get a worse player in on a 3yr deal this Summer?

23 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

This rhetoric from Robson about “we’ll wait until the next window if needs be” is a joke, surely.

We don’t have anywhere near the quantity or quality of squad to deal what we have ahead of us this season.

Fairly certain robson won’t be saying that internally anyway. 

The club will be well aware of the need for signings, but they do need to hold their nerve and not just sign shite or overpay for left sided centre backs from a team in the same league (cough). 

2 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

It does piss me off that he's hailed when there's a signing but in hiding when we're getting nothing done.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its not always possible to resolve every issue in one window, tbf.

Are you better waiting for a better player to pop up in 6/12 months and run weak, or get a worse player in on a 3yr deal this Summer?

We're really needing a LCB though. Even a 6 month loan.

Chat that Scales signs today. We'll see.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Fairly certain robson won’t be saying that internally anyway. 

The club will be well aware of the need for signings, but they do need to hold their nerve and not just sign shite or overpay for left sided centre backs from a team in the same league (cough). 

Aye. Robson playing it close to chest. Robinson still getting slaughtered by St Mirren fans for announcing a striker has almost signed back in July.

I'm happy with the Scales signing, price dependent. 

1 hour ago, DukDukGoose said:

Chat that Scales signs today. We'll see.

Yeah heard that too although I'm not getting my hopes up on that one. I was told 2-3 months ago he was set to sign permanently only for that to not transpire.

Also as everyone has already mentioned, the rumoured fee seems excessive for a player of his calibre. Aside from Scales, the club seems out of ideas for Left sided centre backs.

28 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Yeah heard that too although I'm not getting my hopes up on that one. I was told 2-3 months ago he was set to sign permanently only for that to not transpire.

Also as everyone has already mentioned, the rumoured fee seems excessive for a player of his calibre. Aside from Scales, the club seems out of ideas for Left sided centre backs.

Celtic have another body in now though.