The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

19 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Bojan has absolutely no ties to Aberdeen, if he is going to be trebling his wages and playing in England he will probably be pushing for the move.

But.... Southampton???

He'd be better advised to stay put for now, and have faith in his ability to use the shop window of European competition to attract a wider range of admirers (and maybe quadruple his wage).

16 minutes ago, Enrico Pallazzo said:

But.... Southampton???

He'd be better advised to stay put for now, and have faith in his ability to use the shop window of European competition to attract a wider range of admirers (and maybe quadruple his wage).

Id be amazed if Southampton arent in the EPL next season.

Hes 24. A season in the Championship, which he should thrive in, with a dominant side cruising to promotion to acclimatise before entering the EPL seems a smart approach?

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Id be amazed if Southampton arent in the EPL next season.

Hes 24. A season in the Championship, which he should thrive in, with a dominant side cruising to promotion to acclimatise before entering the EPL seems a smart approach?

Yes of course it’s a smart approach but Dons fans are delusional

2 hours ago, Enrico Pallazzo said:

But.... Southampton???

Let's hope you're right.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

I’d be telling bojan to hold on until January. If he shows up well in Europe then he’ll have plenty choice. 

Southampton would be a decent move but just hold out. It really doesn’t suit us to sell now either. 

It most definitely doesn't suit us to lose him, but he may be looking at what could happen between now and January. Loss of form, unlikely, serious injury, quite possible. Southampton is a potential in to the English Premier League for him. If an offer comes in he's going to want to go.

20 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

It most definitely doesn't suit us to lose him, but he may be looking at what could happen between now and January. Loss of form, unlikely, serious injury, quite possible. Southampton is a potential in to the English Premier League for him. If an offer comes in he's going to want to go.

He narrowly avoided serious injury the last time we played today’s opponents.

As much as I would like him to stay I would expect him to want to leave if Southampton make a bid. Just a question of how much we can wring out of Darren Mowbray. 

27 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

All fair and valid concerns but I don’t think it’s as clear cut as that. 

As well as the European stage, he’s just back from a relatively bad injury, he’s started well and is first choice. 

I really like him but I’m not sure he’s ready for that level yet, he could be moving into a place on the bench and even a loan in January. 

It depends on him really, he may be jumping at it. But I don’t think it’s out of the question that we could make the case to stay for a few months. 

8 minutes ago, Jute said:

He narrowly avoided serious injury the last time we played today’s opponents.

As much as I would like him to stay I would expect him to want to leave if Southampton make a bid. Just a question of how much we can wring out of Darren Mowbray. 

I’m wondering if Mowbray might previously have been involved in discussions about budgets and potential transfer activity, and pretty much knows the ball-park figure that we’d accept.  

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

As well as the European stage, he’s just back from a relatively bad injury, he’s started well and is first choice. 

I really like him but I’m not sure he’s ready for that level yet, he could be moving into a place on the bench and even a loan in January. 

It depends on him really, he may be jumping at it. But I don’t think it’s out of the question that we could make the case to stay for a few months. 

Cases for both sides. Much as it’s in the nature of the game for players to make hay while the sun shines, I hope too that he’s maybe thinking he’s just come back and is finding form…plus potentially Europa League till Xmas and Conference at least, for his own experience and to put himself in that shop window. But if a concrete offer comes in now…

I’ve kind of had my head in the sand over the thought of Bojan or Duk moving on this window. Realistically it’s gonna happen sometime, so maybe it’s AFC should make the proverbial hay and take Southampton for as much as they’re willing to pay 😞

48 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Again, hope that you're right.

6 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Robson needing a slap.

No plan A, nevermind plan B.

That was a seriously worrying performance. It’s like our system is built entirely around games like Thursday or against the old firm. 

No bad thing to have a strategy in those games but 1) you can do well against Celtic and still lose and 2) it does not work against 7 or 8 teams in this league so you absolutely need something different. 

Absolutely rudderless today. 

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

That was a seriously worrying performance. It’s like our system is built entirely around games like Thursday or against the old firm. 

No bad thing to have a strategy in those games but 1) you can do well against Celtic and still lose and 2) it does not work against 7 or 8 teams in this league so you absolutely need something different. 

Absolutely rudderless today. 

Agreed.

I have serious doubts about him.