The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

4 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

Sadly "big names" like Miovski, Duk, Shinnie and one or two others decided to avoid leaving by the main entrance to avoid the small number of folk in a similar position.

That's so poor on them, in fact it's dreadful behaviour towards the fans, I'm surprised the club themselves allow it to happen. Huge credit to the players and staff who did spend time. It honestly took seconds out of their time.

I'm sure quite a few have to do the hospitality after the game - the captain does that is for sure and who has been named man of the match by the sponsors. Did they leave by a different door?

Edited by betting competition

I guess it's all about expectations, but I was quite pleased with our performance last night.

After seeing the absolutely car-crash performance v St Mirren, I was delighted to see the press and the energy v a very decent team (which had the stand out player, who scored a bit of a worldy to boot).

Make no bones about it, last night was partly coulda, woulda, shoulda (for both teams).  At times we had them rattled and at other times, they almost picked us off (even if you discount the the goals they did score 🙃).

I'd much rather we took some chances, than the awful 'try to contain' a la Celtic last season.

Over the tie, they deserved it, but had we taken our chances and gone through, nobody would have complained.

Perform like that week-in, week-out, and we'll be do well IMHO.

Yours, cup half full for a change.

aDONis

1 hour ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Apparently struggling to sign any midfielder today.

To go with our powderpuff midfield, with so few options, with all we have on this season, would be absolutely ridiculous. 

The club has been in such a strong position through the summer to prepare for a massive season. This is criminal neglect if it proves true.

20 minutes ago, bpdon said:

The club has been in such a strong position through the summer to prepare for a massive season. This is criminal neglect if it proves true.

100%. I do think we'll sign 1 or 2 but can't see them being of any real quality unfortunately. Hope to be proved wrong and I'd really like us to get Baccus. 

Someone said elsewhere that we've got a player that's agreed to come in but the selling club are waiting to confirm their replacement before letting him go. Take note Aberdeen!!

17 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Angry Season 3 GIF by SuccessionHBO

Tbh the trouble started for us last January. We left ourselves far too much to do in this window. 

The club will argue with some justification that there’s been a lot of good business, and there probably has, but I think letting Rama go without a plan may well be a huge mistake. 

6 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

My son is nine and we were only there for a one off visit.

All the best for the season, especially against the dark side of Ayrshire.

Understandable if you are only there for the day. Not a good imagine for your son if you are trying to get him into Aberdeen. Hopefully your next trip isn’t to long and he gets to meet his hero’s next time 

2 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

Home fans that were there had said there was another exit at the end of the main stand, towards the club shop, that they'd left by.

It would have been the players entrance they’d have left from. To be fair. I can only remember that being used before the days of Cormack park for training. Being in the lounges in the main stand they have always exited and entered through main door on match day as mostly go speak to their sponsor in club 50/captain lounge appearance 

7 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

The worst thing I saw last night in the lower Dick was two wee fannys with, presumably their dads, holding up “can I have your top” signs written in biro on A3 paper. 

Get that shite to f**k.

There is the dad and child in the main every home game with a bit of cardboard with Some player every home game with the “can I have your top sign” they either have never got one yet or they have a fair collection. 
club missing a trick as they use to sell along with the half time draw tickets pick a shirt draw. Make a fortune 

4 hours ago, aDONisSheep said:

I guess it's all about expectations, but I was quite pleased with our performance last night.

After seeing the absolutely car-crash performance v St Mirren, I was delighted to see the press and the energy v a very decent team (which had the stand out player, who scored a bit of a worldy to boot).

Make no bones about it, last night was partly coulda, woulda, shoulda (for both teams).  At times we had them rattled and at other times, they almost picked us off (even if you discount the the goals they did score 🙃).

I'd much rather we took some chances, than the awful 'try to contain' a la Celtic last season.

Over the tie, they deserved it, but had we taken our chances and gone through, nobody would have complained.

Perform like that week-in, week-out, and we'll be do well IMHO.

Yours, cup half full for a change.

aDONis

I can forgive Robson/the team for the approach. I’m the first leg we got level with a quickfire double and had them on the ropes. With a noisy crowd behind us, the momentum with us and Hacken feeling aggrieved about the penalty, I’m not sure playing cautious would’ve been the way to go.

5 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

I can forgive Robson/the team for the approach. I’m the first leg we got level with a quickfire double and had them on the ropes. With a noisy crowd behind us, the momentum with us and Hacken feeling aggrieved about the penalty, I’m not sure playing cautious would’ve been the way to go.

Miovski makes it 2-2 with that sitter & I think they crumble & we go through.

All “if” and irrelevant now 

6 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Good to see that if Aberdeen want Baccus, they'll need to cough up.

We sold players last season for probably too low in an effort to balance the books and no longer need to do this. 

That’s why you accepted £150k from Bolton, aye?

3 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Miovski makes it 2-2 with that sitter & I think they crumble & we go through.

All “if” and irrelevant now 

Agreed, Miovski and Duk had enough chances between them to score three or four, we could easily have won that against a very good team so I’m not too concerned with the end result

I’m not against the back three like quite a few on here seem to be, more concerned that we seem to have no tactical flexibility in how we approach games or options to change things up during games.

Was it ever confirmed why McDonald was dropped to the bench?