The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

41 minutes ago, AngusTheBull said:

CM aside, that’s about as strong/stacked as we could have hoped for a few weeks ago. Given Devlin can cover CB and MacKenzie LWB (at a push), we certainly have plenty of defensive options come the inevitable injuries and Rubezic suspensions (I can’t recall if Dadia can also cover CB?).

Hopefully now we can see a bit of consistency in terms of players being selected in their actual positions (Devlin).

Delighted he hasn't gone to you odious ovine obsessed orifices.

7 hours ago, Illgresi said:

where's Sokler? Dadia...must be absolute shite if Morris is playing?

I wonder if Dadia is injured. If so I think the fans would appreciate an update as to why he hasn't played yet. 

I'd also like to see Sokler and Gueye start some matches and see what they can do.

I think Duk would currently benefit from rotational shifts. He really just needs a goal to get going. I actually thought Thursday was his best performance this season. He won us the penalty.

I think Miovski has started the season well but it was evident against St Mirren that he along with the rest of the team were fatigued. Rotations are a must going forward.

Edited by HarleyQuinn

7 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Free agent for the midfield? 

There's a part of me that would rather we just waited until January. Save the wage for a better player and see what's available then.

Unfortunately I think we can forget about Baccus as he'll have plenty suitors looking to sign him on a PCA in January.

7 hours ago, Illgresi said:

Absolutely, no-one's fault but our own. Duk scores the gift in the first leg, we're 3-2 up. Miovski scores the one-on-one last night...we're level with the momentum in our favour.

So we have a strong squad, with plenty options for rotation. So why aren't we seeing rotation? Miovski and Duk have been poor...where's Sokler? Dadia...must be absolute shite if Morris is playing?

What’s that?

14 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

There's a part of me that would rather we just waited until January. Save the wage for a better player and see what's available then.

Unfortunately I think we can forget about Baccus as he'll have plenty suitors looking to sign him on a PCA in January.

Think we definitely need to look at somebody in there. Midfield is very lightweight. Can you imagine how easily the teams in Europe will cut through that? I don't think we can rely on Shinnie's energy either. 

There are a few decent defensive midfielders available on a free going by TransferMarkt. Hopefully we can get somebody tied up and get them up to speed during the international break.

2 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Baccus was average yesterday. Now he's fully upgraded back to brilliant.

Some laugh these St Mirren boys.

Its a shame it didn't transpire as I think he'd have been a really good replacement for Ramadani.

The meltdown from the St Mirren fans alone would have been worth the fee.

Wonder if we actually did lodge a bid for Baccus.

5 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Baccus was average yesterday. Now he's fully upgraded back to brilliant.

Some laugh these St Mirren boys.

When everyone is fit, Baccus wont even be guaranteed a start for us.

Shame you missed out on one of our squad players, must be gutted.

18 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Exactly what i was going to say.  Really weird take to suggest Miovski has been anything but really good so far this season (awaits angry St Mirren fans still crying about last week)

… checks league table. Nope, stopped any ‘crying’ now. Still second, still undefeated, still with Baccus, Strain and O’Hara after the window. Hopefully Robinson too. So, aye, any ‘crying’ has nicely dried up. 😎

Pretty good window aside from possibly a midfielder short.  I don't really get the criticism of Gunn - how many players do folk want us to sign?

Hopefully this new Danish lad will either play RWB or let Devlin settle in that position.

I do wonder whether Dadia/Williams will actually be able to contribute this season. 

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

… checks league table. Nope, stopped any ‘crying’ now. Still second, still undefeated, still with Baccus, Strain and O’Hara after the window. Hopefully Robinson too. So, aye, any ‘crying’ has nicely dried up. 😎

3 league games in and youve got a champions league place

You would have thought your subsequent collapse after winning the league at Pittodrie last season might have taught you lot a lesson Old Men Laughing GIF by ABC Network