The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

3 hours ago, tarapoa said:

With the fixtures against Dundee, Livingston and Sevco all being rescheduled (none due to Europe) - this now means our first scheduled 3pm Saturday home fixture of the season is Hearts on 9th December.

This surely must be some kind of UK record - not sure if there is a database somewhere keeping track of such things?

I posted this the other day. We could be looking at a possible 4 games with Saturday 3pm before the split this season hearts 9 December, st Mirren 30th December, hibs 17th of February, Ross county 30 of March. That’s of course Celtic at home is changed for tv and Dundee is moved to 6pm again. 

31 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Quite a few first teamers involved in the game against Fraserburgh tonight. Dadia will go down with cramp after a few minutes no doubt given how little he’s played so far.

The Rhys Williams situation really needs to be explained. We have taken a player from Liverpool and the nearest he gets to the first team is to be a sub on the bench at European matches where there is at least a full team on the bench. Liverpool must be pretty unhappy with how he's been seemingly treated and there has to be a rational explanation, whatever it is.

49 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

The Rhys Williams situation really needs to be explained. We have taken a player from Liverpool and the nearest he gets to the first team is to be a sub on the bench at European matches where there is at least a full team on the bench. Liverpool must be pretty unhappy with how he's been seemingly treated and there has to be a rational explanation, whatever it is.

Only thing I can guess it would be is that to get Clarkson we needed to take him on loan as part the deal? 
Robson showing he has came from the school of Derek Mciness management when taken players in only for them to barley or never feature 

3 minutes ago, Moorie said:

Only thing I can guess it would be is that to get Clarkson we needed to take him on loan as part the deal? 
Robson showing he has came from the school of Derek Mciness management when taken players in only for them to barley or never feature 

Robson is a cereal offender for a few things 

57 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Of more concern is why we spunked £500k on that donkey Pape Havib Gueye.

By all accounts looks pish tonight… against Fraserburgh.

Just now, Thenorthernlight said:

You're not one to give anyone time, I understand that, but I'm willing to give him a few more games. Possibly being played out of position? Rubezic seems to be settling in after a pretty disastrous start.

27 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You're not one to give anyone time, I understand that, but I'm willing to give him a few more games. Possibly being played out of position? Rubezic seems to be settling in after a pretty disastrous start.

I have to say, on what I’ve seen of gueye, limited footballer would be my very diplomatic opinion. 

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I struggle to see how anyone could watch him play and think hes anywhere near good enough.

I suspect it was a panic loan to get some form of CB in before you actually got who you wanted, and your relationship with Liverpool made it easy/cheap.

21 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Gueye reminds me of Oliver Burke - tremendous athlete, no question but as a footballer, limited and with an extremely heavy first touch

First touch that heavy that second touch is a tackle is far from ideal. Can't believe £500k was spent. As others have said, it's early to judge but naturally it happens and he looks so far from the finished article. Will need some turn around to be a success at Pittodrie.

Saw Rhys against Peterhead a few months back and came away thinking he's tall (only positive) but looked about the same level as everyone else on the pitch. Would have never believed he was a Liverpool player if I didn't know otherwise. Did think, I'd be shocked if he gets much game time with you this season. With Jensen, Ruby and Gartenmann he's going to be warming the bench for some time. Young Jack ahead of him in the pecking order for me.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

2 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

If he was playing in Belgian top flight football, he surely must have something about him.

Many Dons fans traditionally never take to these big unit awkward forwards, the type of which seem to breeze into Tynecastle over the years and do a job - 'bullying' our defenders often being the word.

Is he genuinely utterly rank - or does he just need regular game time to find his feet? (like one or two others who were labelled similarly earlier in the season)

Right now we need an alternative to Duk - especially in games like Sundays with opponents that sit deep.

Edited by tarapoa