The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

10 hours ago, tarapoa said:

If he was playing in Belgian top flight football, he surely must have something about him.

Many Dons fans traditionally never take to these big unit awkward forwards, the type of which seem to breeze into Tynecastle over the years and do a job - 'bullying' our defenders often being the word.

Is he genuinely utterly rank - or does he just need regular game time to find his feet? (like one or two others who were labelled similarly earlier in the season)

Right now we need an alternative to Duk - especially in games like Sundays with opponents that sit deep.

Reports are he struggled badly last night and wouldn't look out of place playing for Deveronvale!

These back up strikers are going to need to step up or be giving more game time.

Duk away on AFCON duties in January. More likely only miss 2/3 games but rather these squad players come in with some game time.

3 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

Reports are he struggled badly last night and wouldn't look out of place playing for Deveronvale!

I got a lift in this morning from a guy who was there last night (and manages an amateur team - nae St Machar Thistle !)

He was actually scathing of Williams, Dadia, Doohan and Vinnie, but felt there was "something to work with" regarding Guèye in terms of a possible different option, albeit he clearly needs games.

He was very impressed with Lobban and Marshall - and said the Broch team did themselves proud.

Edited by tarapoa

4 hours ago, tarapoa said:

I got a lift in this morning from a guy who was there last night (and manages an amateur team - nae St Machar Thistle !)

He was actually scathing of Williams, Dadia, Doohan and Vinnie, but felt there was "something to work with" regarding Guèye in terms of a possible different option, albeit he clearly needs games.

He was very impressed with Lobban and Marshall - and said the Broch team did themselves proud.

🤣

On 11/10/2023 at 20:43, Moorie said:

Only thing I can guess it would be is that to get Clarkson we needed to take him on loan as part the deal? 
Robson showing he has came from the school of Derek Mciness management when taken players in only for them to barley or never feature 

If Clarkson was Danny Ward, Williams is Ryan McLaughlin.

International Dons Round Up

(approximate, as far as i can remember) 

Rubezic started Montenegro's first game and was subbed off. They lost. Can't remember to whom.Didn't appear in the squad for their second against Serbia. Hoping that's a diplomatic move seeing as how he was Serbian until last month and not an injury. Always possible the manager had seen enough. 

Jensen started Finland's second game after sitting out a 3-0 defeat to Slovenia. They lost to Kazakhstan after he conceded a penalty for handball. 

Bojan started and lost both his matches without scoring. 

I don't think Duk featured for Cape Verde. 

McGrath got two assists when RoI spanked Gibraltar after sitting out their defeat by Greece. 

Roos and Clarkson both cruelly overlooked for selection. 

Haven't checked Scots age groups. 

I already thought it, but tonight hammered home that it will be deeply painful to lose Connor Barron for nothing. A multi-million pound talent who basically has no obvious weaknesses to his game and is only going to keep getting better. Desperately hope - but certainly do not expect - that we can convince him to do another season with us. 

3 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Our next 5 games.

ALL away from home.

All within 15 days!

Killie Sunday. 
Motherwell Wednesday. 
Hibs Saturday. 
PAOK Thursday   
Celtic Sunday

That’s horrendous. 

Next 3 after that is Rangers (h), HJK Helsinki (a), Hibs (a) in 7 days after the international break!

Going to be some test and if results go against us then I can see fans turning on Robson. 

Edited by betting competition

1 hour ago, STFU_Donny said:

That is a brutal run of fixtures. I feel like I’ve hardly been at Pittodrie this season and won’t be back until end of November. 

Robson has some job on his hands to pick the players up from last night.

Aye, Killie on Sunday has all the makings of a flat, poor performance. 

12KO, down there, after the exertions & massive kick in the nuts on Thursday night.

Fancy Killie strongly

8 hours ago, betting competition said:

Next 3 after that is Rangers (h), HJK Helsinki (a), Hibs (a) in 7 days after the international break!

Going to be some test and if results go against us then I can see fans turning on Robson. 

After the next 8 games, we will have played 23 competitive matches with 8 of them at Pittodrie.