The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

35 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Ask yourself why he would leave early.

Fair. I think mostly his own ego - thought he'd stroll it, taken aback by the negative attention he got, an element of 'this isn't worth it.'

I'm guessing you suspect more of 'I'm getting the f*ck out of Dodge - this is a nightmare of a club?' Not an unreasonable conclusion either.

27 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

Can't really blame him, and those who were outraged at him being here and calling him everything also can't complaint at him leaving us in the lurch.

Haha what. Warnock is a fanny, relieved he walked but he should never have come here. 

The board should have done far more to convince themselves he was coming for the right reasons. They clearly didn’t. 

Is that statement not completely at odds with what they said on Saturday? They said when Warnock left they were at an advanced stage with the new appointment. Now they are compiling shortlists. 

I get they might have been caught on the hop a bit but be consistent or it looks badly managed. 

Also think publicly putting a time limit on their hopes to appoint in the next 2 weeks seems a case of making a rod for their own back. Can't think it's that attractive until you are safe from playoffs. And if they don't get anyone in which might happen for whatever reason, including totally reasonable ones, it has the potential to make them look a bit clueless.

12 minutes ago, Molotov said:

You’re not famous anymore.

To be fair St Mirren aren't completely unknown beyond these shores. Their imprint on European football seems to be getting called out by Ruud Gullit for the worst racism he has ever faced.

30 minutes ago, Ampersand said:

Fair. I think mostly his own ego - thought he'd stroll it, taken aback by the negative attention he got, an element of 'this isn't worth it.'

I'm guessing you suspect more of 'I'm getting the f*ck out of Dodge - this is a nightmare of a club?' Not an unreasonable conclusion either.

Absolutely the latter.

While the man at the top continues to meddle, we'll never move forward.

4 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

To be fair St Mirren aren't completely unknown beyond these shores. Their imprint on European football seems to be getting called out by Ruud Gullit for the worst racism he has ever faced.

A sad night.

“Gullit was a Feyenoord starlet when his side faced Saints in the UEFA Cup in 1983.
He recalled in an interview later: “It was the saddest night of my life. The Scots booed me because of my colour. I was even spat on.”

And also not the only time in Scottish football history that players have been racially abused. 

Don’t think that this issue is only about St Mirren fans and incidents in Paisley. We all need to eliminate this cancer from our society. 

IMG_8008.thumb.jpeg.ee3de6253ef1235473ffc5e10fe257df.jpeg

1 hour ago, DukDukGoose said:

Ask yourself why he would leave early.

So far I have:

Not up to the task / thought it would be a jolly and it’s clearly not 

Not liked within Pittodrie - as suggested by the ABZ lads

Dave Cormack interfering 

Health issues 

36 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Wow the diversions a P&B thread takes, I was there that night and the IIRC booing began after Gullit the only (& controversial) goal sadly an element of our supported couldn't control their racist tendencies and led to a lasting stain on the clubs reputation - strange post though, obviously made with the best of intentions.

5 hours ago, Molotov said:

Nope. About the same time it took for St Mirren to snatch 3 points from Warnocks Aberdeen recently. 😜 

Enjoy your day Joey. 

IMG_8005.jpeg.50941037dcd17f03bafbc755fb3e3d6f.jpeg

Nah, not having that. It took, I think, 84 seconds for St Mirren to win the match against us. It took you a hell of a lot longer to research and type your “ the last great manager we had was Danny Lennon” post.

3 hours ago, tarapoa said:

How much could Cormack have conceivably 'interfered' in such a small space of time and in what manner to bother a guy like Warnock?

Has Cormack been in Aberdeen the whole of Warnock’s time here?

might be wrong but sure he recently appeared at the st Johnstone game.

If Warnock has walked definitely a butting off heads the likely cause of it I would think. 

just feels Cormack is the reason we can not get someone permanently in this past year. To be a fly on the wall during the interviewing 

3 hours ago, tarapoa said:

How much could Cormack have conceivably 'interfered' in such a small space of time and in what manner to bother a guy like Warnock?

This is probably a load of shite but did you ever hear the rumour during the Glass era that Cormack was on a video call to the dressing room at half time of one of the matches giving them a pep talk. 

Like I say, probably nonsense but I could believe it. 

I hear also that he phoned in the substitutions during Robson’s spell, drafted the Truss/Kwarteng budget and wrote the Horizon programme for the Post Office. What chance do we have?

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Nah, not having that. It took, I think, 84 seconds for St Mirren to win the match against us. It took you a hell of a lot longer to research and type your “ the last great manager we had was Danny Lennon” post.

Edited by Molotov

5 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

There soon won't be any St Mirren posters that I don't have on ignore...

Hi ya Granda’. Gaunny no’ pit’ me oan ignore. Jist’ gaunny no’.