The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

11 minutes ago, coprolite said:

We’ll probably have £2m ish operating  losses to cover from last season. Looks like Dave’s upping the Ante with the fees we’re paying with the rest. 

We must have made a fair whack from two semi finals and the European groups, though?

Edit: Forgot about the final as well!

Edited by DukDukGoose

16 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

I’d say the opposite.

They arrogantly both say “let’s get Miovski”, “let’s take Miovski.

Delusional arseholes.

Celtic would rather spend money on an inferior striker.  
The Rangers don’t have a pot to piss in & we wouldn’t sell them the cure for cancer anyway.

And, crucially, Bojan wants to play in a bigger & better league.

Absolutely this. He has been a brilliant signing for Aberdeen however his ambition far outweighs playing for either of the cheeks.

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

Surprised at the lack of Zerouali mentions of good strikers at Aberdeen.

Great bit of business from Aberdeen here though. I just hope the cash gets squandered on a failed experiment.

Zero was class but falls more into cult hero status than genuinely being one of the best we’ve had. 

1 minute ago, DukDukGoose said:

We must have made a fair whack from two semi finals and the European groups, though?

I’ve factored them into my sophisticated financial model, and assumed that additional wages and the effect of additional fees would offset it a bit , so we don’t quite close the £4m gap from 22/23. 

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Surprised at the lack of Zerouali mentions of good strikers at Aberdeen.

Great bit of business from Aberdeen here though. I just hope the cash gets squandered on a failed experiment.

I suppose Davie McCormark could by Dundee FC and shut it doon. 

4 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

I forgot about the final as soon as it was played...

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Absolutely this. He has been a brilliant signing for Aberdeen however his ambition far outweighs playing for either of the cheeks.

Yeah, that Celtic twat on Sportscene last night "He would be good enough to get in the Celtic or Rangers squad". He's better than that chief!

Just now, Jacksgranda said:

I forgot about the final as soon as it was played...

I'm still trying to forget Robson's post-match interview.  I think that was the point all my goodwill from the previous season disappeared,

29 minutes ago, STFU_Donny said:

£6.8 million is a steal for an international class striker. It’s actually peanuts. We got 6.5 for Ramsay ffs. 

Have you said this previously or have I experienced déjà vu?

We didn't and won't get £6.5 million for Ramsey and there's a fair chance we we'll never receive £6.8 million for Miovski either.

We've done well to rake in the £8 million for these two players, Ramsey was overpriced by a considerable margin and Miovski a fair price but possibly undersold if you compare with some of the shite Celtic have sold for huge sums.

And to think Lewis Ferguson (£3 million) was sold for less than Calvin Ramsey (4.5 million I think) is just mind-boggling!

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I suppose Davie McCormark could by Dundee FC and shut it doon. 

He would have to buy them first.

I take it you will be the next set of jobbers looking to buy Luke McCowan?

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

He would have to buy them first.

I take it you will be the next set of jobbers looking to buy Luke McCowan?

Wouldn't think so. We're pretty well stocked in CM, we're just suffering a few injuries at the moment.

15 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I love Bojan and he is clearly the best striker I have seen at Pittodrie since my first game in 2002/03 (I think), but it is some step up in quality for him - basically going from a bottom half Scottish Premiership team last season to the third best team in La Liga. Genuinely interested to see how he copes with that - obviously hope he does well because he is so likeable and has been so good for us, but I thought there might be an intermediate move for him between us and ending up somewhere like Girona.

This is it pretty much for me. I've really enjoyed watching him when he's been "on it" Definitely the best striker I've seen in terms of all round ability. I'm also surprised he's got a Champion's League team straight away but hope he does very well. He needs to get his scoring boots back on quickly though as apparently it's only 4 goals in 20 for him which makes the deal even better really 

19 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Yeah, that Celtic twat on Sportscene last night "He would be good enough to get in the Celtic or Rangers squad". He's better than that chief!

Peter Grant is a myopic clown though.

Has no clue what goes on out with Celtic Park.

Lives in a wee bubble where no other teams exist.  
See Pat Bonner. 

5 minutes ago, Don Diego De la Vega said:

I’ll maybe have to look at Troyes fixtures too, hopefully he gets a fair crack of the whip at Girona though 

Celtic has  a home game on Saturday 😉