The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Best striker I’ve seen play for us (mid-90s onwards). Fantastic link-up play and movement and superb attitude. 
Despite being a great finisher I think he’ll need to be more clinical on that front to succeed in a top league, but I’ll think he’ll rise to the challenge. 
Hope he does it at Girona. A club now run to develop players for an even higher level.

58 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Yeah, that Celtic twat on Sportscene last night "He would be good enough to get in the Celtic or Rangers squad". He's better than that chief!

Yeah - what an ignorant twat. He is far better than that.

If you look at the main striker at Celtic or Rangers just now, ie. Kyogo and Dessers, he’s level above them. Hence why he’s moving to a top 4 team in Spain and they are both still in Scotland.

23 minutes ago, Ampersand said:

Best striker I’ve seen play for us (mid-90s onwards). Fantastic link-up play and movement and superb attitude. 
Despite being a great finisher I think he’ll need to be more clinical on that front to succeed in a top league, but I’ll think he’ll rise to the challenge. 
Hope he does it at Girona. A club now run to develop players for an even higher level.

I actually thought Miovski's finishing might be what would put clubs like Girona off him a bit. He's a good finisher for our level, but not sure how it will translate to a top end La Liga club. His movement has always been what has really set him apart from the vast majority of other forwards at Scottish Premiership level, for me (although whilst acknowledging he has other positive attributes). 

Edited by DrewDon

I think when trying to compare strikers like Bojan with their counterparts at the arsecheeks, you have to remember the superior service and sheer number of chances they get. I genuinely think Bojan in a Celtic team would be looking at 40+ goals in a season. Thankfully not a scenario we'll have to encounter. 

3 hours ago, Sammons Pizzeria said:

Deal worth £6.8 for Mivoski, class to see the club hold out for what he’s worth. Where does he rank in terms of strikers you’ve seen grace Pittodrie? 

Joe Harper …. Frank McDougall …. Eugene Dadi …. 

2 hours ago, DrewDon said:

I actually thought Miovski's finishing might be what would put clubs like Girona off him a bit. He's a good finisher for our level, but not sure how it will translate to a top end La Liga club. His movement has always been what has really set him apart from the vast majority of other forwards at Scottish Premiership level, for me (although whilst acknowledging he has other positive attributes). 

I’m not sure if it’s finishing or decision making. Sometimes goes for a flashy finish when he should just bury it. 

3 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Yeah, that Celtic twat on Sportscene last night "He would be good enough to get in the Celtic or Rangers squad". He's better than that chief!

He also had St. Mirren down as playing Bronby this week. 

5 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

That’s some fee, well done for getting that. Burrows skills influential in negotiating it? 

Possibly the second highest fee for a non Old Firm Scottish club player after Craig Gordon’s to Sunderland? 

Would make up (a bit) for blotting his copybook by apparently being the board member that pushed hardest to get Warnock onboard.

3 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Would make up (a bit) for blotting his copybook by apparently being the board member that pushed hardest to get Warnock onboard.

For all the stick Gunn's (quite rightly) been getting over the past couple of years, it would be cruel to deny him praise for getting us what seems to be a good deal here.

Edited by MikeAFC94

31 minutes ago, MikeAFC94 said:

For all the stick Gunn's (quite rightly) been getting over the past couple of years, it would be cruel to deny him praise for getting us what seems to be a good deal here.

And while we’re at it we should probably recognise the man who brought him to the club, thank you Jim go….no f**k that. 

It seems odd there’s so many “he’s a better level than Celtic or Rangers” comments as if it was a choice between Girona or staying in Scotland.

We couldn’t afford him even if we wanted him and Celtic don’t appear to have made an offer for him.

1 minute ago, AJF said:

It seems odd there’s so many “he’s a better level than Celtic or Rangers” comments as if it was a choice between Girona or staying in Scotland.

We couldn’t afford him even if we wanted him and Celtic don’t appear to have made an offer for him.

The comments are in response to the repeated requests from idiots in the Scottish media for Celtic and/or Rangers(😂) to sign him.

8 minutes ago, AJF said:

Peter grant on sportscene, Stephen craigan on sportsound, the Scottish football live text guy on the bbc sport website, and that was just yesterday. 

A few months ago sportsound were having lengthy debates as to whether rangers should sign shankland or miovski. 

There will be many, many more. 

40 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Peter grant on sportscene, Stephen craigan on sportsound, the Scottish football live text guy on the bbc sport website, and that was just yesterday. 

A few months ago sportsound were having lengthy debates as to whether rangers should sign shankland or miovski. 

There will be many, many more. 

Which one did they end up signing?