The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

5 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Would Killie compensate us for the game being moved to midweek? 

We’d be taking a significant hit in hospitality and gate income.

If Aberdeen were that bothered about this they could move it to Boxing Day (when we're meant to be playing you at Rugby Park) and then we could take the home fixture midweek. Surely a Sunday game is already going to be quite affected by a lower attendance anyway though.

18 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Would Killie compensate us for the game being moved to midweek? 

We’d be taking a significant hit in hospitality and gate income.

No, Craig says there won't have had loads of preparation for it.

46 minutes ago, Moorie said:

Wonder what the club will say on this?  Maybe if they asked for more notice but 7 days when I imagine everything  will be in place going into the game on and off the pitch 

F6E6168C-B49D-4E3C-82F7-ACA574DFDF40.jpeg

Alan Burrows was supportive of helping teams out with European competitions when he was at Motherwell,  hopefully you guys give Killie a helping hand.   

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

If Aberdeen were that bothered about this they could move it to Boxing Day (when we're meant to be playing you at Rugby Park) and then we could take the home fixture midweek. Surely a Sunday game is already going to be quite affected by a lower attendance anyway though.

Would that even be allowed? 

We had 17k last Sunday against St Mirren and I’d expect similar this coming Sunday given our form. We’re going to get a lot more at a Sunday game in August on the back of 7 wins in a row than a midweek in November or whatever. 

We'd be sacrificing our advantage of having fresher legs going into the game too. Would be disappointed if we agree to this. 

1 minute ago, DukDukGoose said:

No, Craig says there won't have had loads of preparation for it.

I’ve tried to make sense of this a few times but I have no idea what you are saying here.

Kilmarnock would be welcome to request it, but see no good reason for us to do anything other than reject it. The game is a week away, we should have fresher legs against potentially difficult opposition, and we know we go into the game in good form. 

Let’s face it, Killie have very little chance of getting through whether they postpone the game or not. 

Would love to be proved wrong but there’s every possibility that the tie could be over after the first leg.

Dons momentum and a likely sell out, difficult call for Mr Burrows, are Killie going to hand the reds 100+ grand for the loss of matchday income?

Lousy timing this for the dons, boot the request out Alan please.

Edited by Stu_81

7 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

Embarrassing

Didn't see Hearts going down this road the season before last, or us doing it last season.

You want to dine at the big table, suck it up or f**k off

You did do it in 2014 though.

25 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Some laugh if Aberdeen help Kilmarnock out like that, then your club charges them £34 a head for a midweek away game.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Some laugh if Aberdeen help Kilmarnock out like that, then your club charges them £34 a head for a midweek away game.

Maybe they'll all hear imaginary whistles to go with the imaginary ticket prices.

5 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

So?

We didn’t do it in any of the eight seasons we’ve been in Europe since.

The guy I was replying to said that you "didn't see Aberdeen doing it", and I pointed out that you did in fact do so in the past. If you didn't want to in other seasons after that, fine, that's up to you.

Last season was the only one of those times you were in the Play-off Round too, and you didn't have the 4 games beforehand like we've had.

51 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

You were out of Europe by then and people therefore said it was a bit odd that you hadn't waited. This time we have waited, and I don't think it's that unreasonable to ask. The game has already had to be moved from Saturday to Sunday anyway, so it's not as though Aberdeen can exactly have had loads of preparation in place for it.

I would understand if Aberdeen refused, even though I'd consider it fairly small-minded, but I don't see any issue at all in requesting it.

Changing to a Saturday to a Sunday is still a weekend though. Corporate and tickets already sold. What percentage would be happy to find out 5/6 days that they corporate booked is now moved to midweek. 
This is something the SPFL will need to look at going forward as I’m sure other countries are more helpful in moving fixtures for teams in Europe 

12 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Every so often, Craigs mask slips and you remember Killie are his wee team.

Terrace podcast with him and the jambos for the league cup round up could be a good listen this week 

Would Killie be so quick to request a postponement if they were home to either Rangers or Celtic next weekend? Not a chance the board would have it knowing the revenue they’d lose out on and tv money