The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Congratulations to Dimitar Mitov who earned our Star Man of the Week award over on Twitter.

The Aberdeen keeper was in fine form for Aberdeen in their victory over Ross County. The shot stopper saved a spot kick at 0-0 and made further crucial saves as Aberdeen went on to score a late winner.

74629fac-4401-4185-9748-535729dfe838.jpeg

2 hours ago, Sammons Pizzeria said:

Congratulations to Dimitar Mitov who earned our Star Man of the Week award over on Twitter.

The Aberdeen keeper was in fine form for Aberdeen in their victory over Ross County. The shot stopper saved a spot kick at 0-0 and made further crucial saves as Aberdeen went on to score a late winner.

74629fac-4401-4185-9748-535729dfe838.jpeg

He had a clean sheet last night for Bulgaria away to Belarus. 

10 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Could be huge?

Although I bet he is at the moment 🤣

Incredible. No idea how the support will react to him. Personally, if he gets properly fit and has his two seasons ago head on, I'm happy to welcome him back. If the above is in place, he can only help the team, if the squad are genuinely happy to see him back.

:lol: That is quite funny. 

Well not see him for a while I suspect. Fitness + regaining trust with manager and teammates will take a while before he even gets started with the fans. 

If it ultimately brings back the duk we first knew for a decent period and he gets a good move off the back of it then everyone wins. That is all down to him though. 

8 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Incredible. No idea how the support will react to him. Personally, if he gets properly fit and has his two seasons ago head on, I'm happy to welcome him back. If the above is in place, he can only help the team, if the squad are genuinely happy to see him back.

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

:lol: That is quite funny. 

Well not see him for a while I suspect. Fitness + regaining trust with manager and teammates will take a while before he even gets started with the fans. 

If it ultimately brings back the duk we first knew for a decent period and he gets a good move off the back of it then everyone wins. That is all down to him though. 

Easier to reply to you both but if he comes back fit and scoring goals then no-one will care. Especially as we've not felt his loss.

1 minute ago, AJF said:

So basically he has come grovelling after he’s been unable to find a side willing to take him. Poor way he has treated Aberdeen and the fans.

Meh. That's football, unfortunately.

33 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Easier to reply to you both but if he comes back fit and scoring goals then no-one will care. Especially as we've not felt his loss.

Meh. That's football, unfortunately.

I’m not particularly exercised. The boy is an idiot but he’s a good footballer. There won’t be a return to the adulation he had in his first season, but we can make it work for both parties. But the onus is entirely on him. 

We know that if he’s fit and his attitude is right that he’s an asset. So we utilise it and he moves on to a level appropriate for what he’s done in the meantime. 

I hope he has sacked his agent. He should also make a donation to the AFC trust for some of the wages he was paid while not making himself available to play. This would be a gesture of his contrition to the paying fans. 

13 minutes ago, Don exotic said:

I hope he has sacked his agent. He should also make a donation to the AFC trust for some of the wages he was paid while not making himself available to play. This would be a gesture of his contrition to the paying fans. 

I'm happy enough if he scores the cup final winner at Hampden.

4 hours ago, AJF said:

So basically he has come grovelling after he’s been unable to find a side willing to take him. Poor way he has treated Aberdeen and the fans.

You’re obviously in the loop if you know he’s been trying to find a team to take him.

The irony of a Rangers fan talking about another teams player hawking for a move when their club captain has been whoring himself out to any club that wants him on the radio this weekend.