The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Would be pleased if there was any truth in the rumours we are trying to sign Maloney, GMS and Christie. With Wright also breaking through we'd be much better off versus Pawlett, McGinn and Christie.

Tansey will replace Jack

Rogers will replace Alexander

Just leaves the question of replacing Taylor. Any suggestions?

Lennox, Smith and Shankland can be replaced by taking punts on Nuttall-esque signings from engerland

14 minutes ago, weejoeharper said:

Do we get a group discount? :whistle

Haha, probably not.  I'm just trying to be helpful.  We have a bunch of players who need a new home and Aberdeen would be a great place for these lads.  

Plus I want to see Aberdeen stay strong so that Sevco doesn't finish second next year...

Just now, senorsoupe said:

Haha, probably not.  I'm just trying to be helpful.  We have a bunch of players who need a new home and Aberdeen would be a great place for these lads.  

Plus I want to see Aberdeen stay strong so that Sevco doesn't finish second next year...

Are you sure you're a Celtic fan....you appear to be quite nice?

I think we need two lineups for next season. For Celtic:

Lewis

Logan New Considine New

O'Connor Shinnie

New McLean Hayes

Rooney

...and for everyone else:

Lewis

Logan New/O'Connor Considine New

McLean Shinnie

New/Wright New Hayes

Rooney

I'm hoping the 'New' on the right wing vs Celtic, and centrally vs everyone else will turn out to be Ryan Christie on a 10 year contract. I'd settle for Shaun Maloney though, in the short term.

Christie is contracted to Celtic until the summer of 2019, so our best hope of seeing him in a red shirt next season is likely through another loan deal. If Celtic did sell him, I reckon that his most likely destination would be the English Championship. His time here can generally be deemed a success, so Rodgers might now have a view to offering him some more game time at Celtic next season - although they do and will have a wealth of attacking options already available. 

I have never fully bought the Mackay-Steven hype, to be honest. Whenever I have seen him on his rare appearances for Celtic over the last 18 or so months, he has been pretty dross. Even when he was at Dundee United, I thought he was perhaps a little overhyped - he had the ability to produce moments of magic and great skill, but you could also go through an entire 90 minutes without noticing that he was on the pitch. I'm possibly being unfair, though; we could certainly do a lot worse than him and he is undoubtedly a talent on his day. 

I'm not sure if Tansey is intended as a direct replacement for Jack. McInnes denied it at the time, which made sense given the ambiguity over Jack's contract situation. I have always viewed Tansey as more of an #8, and Jack as a #6. Although Jack has some license to get forward, their styles and strengths are different. I really liked Tansey when we were first rumoured to be interested in him, but he has had a fairly poor season by all accounts. Hopefully that means he will be well rested come the start of our Europa League commitments. 

8 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Christie is contracted to Celtic until the summer of 2019, so our best hope of seeing him in a red shirt next season is likely through another loan deal. If Celtic did sell him, I reckon that his most likely destination would be the English Championship. His time here can generally be deemed a success, so Rodgers might now have a view to offering him some more game time at Celtic next season - although they do and will have a wealth of attacking options already available.

I have never fully bought the Mackay-Steven hype, to be honest. Whenever I have seen him on his rare appearances for Celtic over the last 18 or so months, he has been pretty dross. Even when he was at Dundee United, I thought he was perhaps a little overhyped - he had the ability to produce moments of magic and great skill, but you could also go through an entire 90 minutes without noticing that he was on the pitch. I'm possibly being unfair, though; we could certainly do a lot worse than him and he is undoubtedly a talent on his day.

I'm not sure if Tansey is intended as a direct replacement for Jack. McInnes denied it at the time, which made sense given the ambiguity over Jack's contract situation. I have always viewed Tansey as more of an #8, and Jack as a #6. Although Jack has some license to get forward, their styles and strengths are different. I really liked Tansey when we were first rumoured to be interested in him, but he has had a fairly poor season by all accounts. Hopefully that means he will be well rested come the start of our Europa League commitments. 

Rodgers strikes me as the kind of guy who wouldn't hold a young player back. Whether that means allowing him to leave altogether, or putting him out on loan again to develop, I don't know. I guess it depends on what Rodgers sees during preseason, and who they sign. If there's a possibility of a deal being struck, I'm sure we could sweeten the deal with a buy-back clause of some kind.

Neither have I, I think he has a heart the size of a pea. That said, he has undeniable ability, and McInnes may feel that he's the guy to get the best out of him. We certainly have an incredible fitness/sports science staff. Evidence for that ranges from our ability to cope with near zero rest time for the past three years, to the exceptional lack of injury downtime this season. I wouldn't be surprised if we could bulk him up physically and mentally, and turn him into a player.

I'm fairly certain Tansey will end up being backup. Or at least I hope so, as I've seen nothing to suggest he has the quality to improve us. I stand to be corrected though.

1 hour ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Who's the Aberdeen player with the wee willy that keeps getting retweeted onto my Twitter from shite Scottish football trolling pages?

No idea what you are talking about as i have not seen the picture but my guess would be Ryan Jack.

2 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

Big Marky Reynolds with an undeserved Scotland call-up. Lovely stuff.

I actually laughed out loud when i saw the squad.

Strachan is clueless, Reynolds has been average at best this season.

No Shinnie is also pretty mental, even the mcgregor boy from celtic who has actually been in good form misses out. No doubt the standard call up for john mcginn who has been playing in a league below all year.