The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Debt free

Club to operate on a break even basis

No cash for a spending spree

Priority on youth development and training complex

Finance for new stadium will be difficult

So not too bad, the ship has steadied. Looks like AFC is operating as a proper club recently with new sponsorship deals etc. Work within our means ans see where it takes us. Cant really argue with that.

There is loads to admire about the Dons at the moment. We have a decent manager in Derek McInnes who has completely transformed us into a top 6 side, delivered our first trophy in near 2 decades and has the team playing good football and with a decent amount of youth players on the verge of breaking through then you have the board delivering from their side now having us debt free, gaining a new massive partnership on the youth with Statoil as well as pushing on with trying to get the new training facilities and new stadium sorted.

It really does feel superb being a Dons fan again after the McGhee and Brown years.

McInnes reaffirming he's in this for the long haul on Sportsound tonight. Likable guy and who knows, could well be a legend by the end of his tenure with the way he's turned things around so quickly. One thing I'd like would be for him to use the fucking squad! I see the benefits in a settled XI but at the end of the season last year, especially the SC semi, it seemed we were suffering from 'burnout'.

I don't think there can be any argument that Mcinnes is the best manager we have had since Ferguson. I think Brown deserves some credit though, he left DM a stable, if uninspiring, platform to build on. Everything seems to be coming together so well at the moment and we could yet challenge for the title this year, particularly if we can strengthen well in January.

Give it until the end of the season and you'll be infuriated by McInnes' unchanging style of play and his staunch reluctance to drop his favourites regardless of form

Give it until the end of the season and you'll be infuriated by McInnes' unchanging style of play and his staunch reluctance to drop his favourites regardless of form

He must have changed since his Saints days because I can recall plenty times he's made big changes during the game and dropped perceived big players.

Long live Deek the Dandy!

I don't think there can be any argument that Mcinnes is the best manager we have had since Ferguson. I think Brown deserves some credit though, he left DM a stable, if uninspiring, platform to build on. Everything seems to be coming together so well at the moment and we could yet challenge for the title this year, particularly if we can strengthen well in January.

No he doesn't. A dinosaur if ever there was one on the pitch, and prehistoric off it (training). Him and Knox also a main reason Ryan Fraser moved on. I have no doubt that if McInnes had been in charge he'd still be here.

He's changed our style of play a few times this season already.

Haters gonna hate.

Watched the full game against Utd last week via some internet, thing. Really pleasing to see two entirely different and effective set ups used in the first and second halves.

Would like to see the Goodwillie and Rooney 2 up front system used again, think that has possibilities, but lets not tempt fate by using it in the semi.

Really positive feeling all round in Aberdeen, and elsewhere in Scottish Football, long may it continue. In Derek we trust.

Yeah he's created a system which fits in all out best players, giving them roles that they may not have been totally suited to initially but had the attributes to learn and perform successfully over time.

Just look at Jonny Hayes! Box-to-box midfielder at the moment and motm nearly every game!

No he doesn't. A dinosaur if ever there was one on the pitch, and prehistoric off it (training). Him and Knox also a main reason Ryan Fraser moved on. I have no doubt that if McInnes had been in charge he'd still be here.

Even though Brown had announced he was retiring at the end of the season before Fraser left? Even though brown gave Fraser a place in the team? It doesn't seem likely that fraser would want to leave to get away from brown and Knox.

Also Brown signed the likes of mcginn, Hayes, Reynolds etc who have all been huge players under mcinnes. We were not spectacular under Brown but he left a very stable platform for DM to build on and we would not be where we are just now without him.

Agree on Brown leaving a platform to build on. While on one hand I wasn't going to renew season ticket if he got a new contracf have to credit him for signings of Anderson, Reynolds, McGinn and Hayes, and also reversing the goals against of McGhee and last two seasons of Calderwood

More great news for the Dons today - Rooney, McGinn, Shankland and McKenna all signing new deals for the club.

http://www.afc.co.uk/news/5498.php#.VJhRqV4AKA

Dons supporters have received a major Festive boost with the news that four members of the first team squad have extended their stay at Pittodrie by signing extensions to their contracts.

Scotland's top scorer Adam Rooney has put pen to paper on a 3 and a half year extension that sees him remain with the Dons until the summer of 2018 while Northern Ireland international Niall McGinn and promising youngsters Lawrence Shankland and Scott McKenna have all signed contracts until the summer of 2017.

Manager Derek McInnes commented. "Adam and Niall are key players within the team while both Lawrence and Scott have the potential to develop into first team regulars in the not too distant future. I've always said that, while we've enjoyed a fruitful 2014, there is still a great deal of work to be done and securing players, who we want to be part of our journey, is vital if we want to achieve the success that everyone at the club craves."

Adam and Niall will meet the media tomorrow morning at the press conference ahead of Sunday's trip to Inverness.
Edited by Menzel