The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

We really need to bring a midfielder in this window to get someone bedded into the team before the Europa qualifiers. If McInnes is serious about challenging for the group stage as he says then he should be pushing the board for money now. This season we weren’t prepared at all and it cost us.

18 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

We really need to bring a midfielder in this window to get someone bedded into the team before the Europa qualifiers. If McInnes is serious about challenging for the group stage as he says then he should be pushing the board for money now. This season we weren’t prepared at all and it cost us.

This. especially if the current thinking for the remainder of season is a midfield three of O’Connor, McLean and Shinnie and if we know already that both AoC and McLean are away. Also considering Christie will get some games centrally too and as things stand he’s also for the off

2 hours ago, d31 said:

This. especially if the current thinking for the remainder of season is a midfield three of O’Connor, McLean and Shinnie and if we know already that both AoC and McLean are away. Also considering Christie will get some games centrally too and as things stand he’s also for the off

It'll be like when we played Sigma Olomouc with Stuart Duff and Derek Young in the back four.

Dylan McGeough is wanted by Aberdeen on a pre contract. Might bid for him this month now McLean is supposed to be leaving. 

I presume he’s over all his injury stuff? How long has he been back?

Great player and one for Hibs to keep IMO.

35 minutes ago, Daydream said:

I presume he’s over all his injury stuff? How long has he been back?

Great player and one for Hibs to keep IMO.

Basically only been back this season. He’s a defensive midfielder really, rarely scores or assists but is brilliant at retaining the ball and driving forward with it. Would be a big miss for us. Better than McGinn this season for me. 

I see the club have f*cked up the Ibrox tickets by setting the bar too high for loyalty points. They left it for ages with only those with 100+ points able to buy them and now there are nearly 200 left with the threshold at 20+. There'll be loads of people who could've gone but it's now too short notice to get it off work or get tickets posted if you're outwith Aberdeen.

I see the club have f*cked up the Ibrox tickets by setting the bar too high for loyalty points. They left it for ages with only those with 100+ points able to buy them and now there are nearly 200 left with the threshold at 20+. There'll be loads of people who could've gone but it's now too short notice to get it off work or get tickets posted if you're outwith Aberdeen.

Probably for the best if we defend like today.......

3 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Deal done for MacLean with Norwich, 200k and loaned back til the end of the season. It's the Sun so apply caution but that'd be an ideal outcome imo.

The Record are running the same story but with £300k as the fee. Bless.

8 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

McLean off to Norwich for 200k but will remain at us on loan for the rest of the season, apparently.

Why not just sign him on a pre contract and save the money, has Martin Bain moved to Norwich...

Why haven't they just signed him on a pre-contract, then? Still, a six-figure fee and keeping him until the end of the season is a really good deal for us. 

Yeah I'm scratching my head at that one. How is this in Norwich's interest? If true it's a great deal for us, but can't see why Norwich don't just sign him on a pre-contract.