The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

11 hours ago, Kneetrembler said:

Waiting outside Maribor's ground before the game, Joe was standing on a raised balcony bit above the Dons fans. He conducted hundreds of us singing his song up to him. It was one of my favourite moments of being a football fan. A pure instance of the beauty this mental game we follow can generate every once in a while . Just  wonderfully nostalgic. Joey being adored by a crowd of whom very few were old enough to have seen him play, but all knew we were in the presence of greatness.

Met him in the town centre that afternoon, still tender from the night before and waffled some broken english at him. He loves all that shit.

Hull allegedly in for McKenna. No chance. Think he has a real future and could potentially cement a Scotland place soon

It’s the sun so will take it with a pinch of salt.

But, if it is genuine, he’d be silly to go now. He’s had 3 decent months, he’s playing regular football just now. Let the boy develop instead of going down south and sitting on the bench. He’s got an experienced international in arnason beside him too.

In other words, tell hull to get to f**k.

Hull allegedly in for McKenna. No chance. Think he has a real future and could potentially cement a Scotland place soon

I agree - the lad has been superb since he got his chance in the first 11 this season. I’m not surprised that other clubs have taken note of his performances.

That said, he has only played 20 first team games so it’s perhaps a little early to get too carried away regarding his potential.

I would hope the appeal of regular games at AFC, Europe, good cup prospects etc, will be enough to keep him here for a few more years. Hull is hardly a desirable destination, but he might look at what such a move did for Andrew Robertson and get very tempted.

I agree - the lad has been superb since he got his chance in the first 11 this season. I’m not surprised that other clubs have taken note of his performances.

That said, he has only played 20 first team games so it’s perhaps a little early to get too carried away regarding his potential.

I would hope the appeal of regular games at AFC, Europe, good cup prospects etc, will be enough to keep him here for a few more years. Hull is hardly a desirable destination, but he might look at what such a move did for Andrew Robertson and get very tempted.

It's a very different Hull side he'd be going to now. Robertson got Premier League experience immediately when he moved. Hull are doing dreadfully in the championship at the moment. It would be a silly move IMO, akin to McInnes - Sunderland. A team going backwards.

one bid rejected

second being prepared

a bid that gives mcinnes a serious wedge to play with ie more than £1million cash now to the transfer kitty would be very worth considering.

likely that means your speaking about £2m or so

Hopefully lad has his head screwed on and realises his career development is best served by remaining at Aberdeen. Another year or so of first team games with us and could be looking at bigger clubs than Hull being interested.