The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Greg Stewart has been shite for you and looks about 3 stone overweight. Gonna punt him back to Birmingham now you have McGinn back and we can sort Stewart out.

Thank you.

Greg Stewart has been great for the he past five/six weeks.

1 hour ago, betting competition said:

2017 has been a fantastic year to be a dandy the form has been fantastic and the only thing missing is a trophy. 

With 1 match to play our league form has been:

Played 39 
Won 26
Drawn 3
Lost 10

Have we had a better record than that throughout a year?

Without checking, there would have been better years in the mid eighties ( probably 83 and/or 84) but still an impressive performance in the modern era. Any stattos able to confirm?

Fantastic news, Niall is a fantastic player who has actually been underappreciated by our support a lot of the time. He got double figures for goals and assists last season, anywhere near that over the next couple of years would be great. My only reservation is the length of the deal but at least we have youngsters coming through in the wide positions so he won't have to be relied upon as much.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Delighted to see Niall come back home. 

Mildly amused to see Hearts and Hibs fans now tripping over themselves to say that they never wanted to sign him in the first place. :lol:

Guest Bob Mahelp
5 minutes ago, resk said:

Hopefully this will happen.

Get Maynard tae f*ck and bring in another 'robust' forward. 

Anybody would be better. And not just that, last night Rooney was the only striker named in a squad of 16....if he'd broken a leg in the 1st minute we would have been well f*cked.

Guest Bob Mahelp
6 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Good signing for Aberdeen, I've always been a fan of Niall McGinn.  McGinn, Christie, GMS, and May will be a pretty good attacking line.  

We're pleasingly stacked with attacking midfield talent.....McGinn, Christie , GMS and Stewart are all good, inventive players, throw in Kenny McLean playing well and the excellence of Shinnie, and our midfield is as strong as it's been in years.

What we miss is another true striker.  If we'd pushed the boat out and offered 500k for Moult we may well have been up there neck and neck with Celtic just now.

2 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

What we miss is another true striker.  If we'd pushed the boat out and offered 500k for Moult we may well have been up there neck and neck with Celtic just now.

May and Rooney are both pretty good forwards, Rooney has slowed down this season but his scoring record the last couple of years for you guys is pretty darn good

My gut instinct was that he would end up at one of the Edinburgh clubs, so I'm pleased and pleasantly surprised by this, even if I am a bit sceptical at the length of the deal. His output is vastly superior to our current wingers, which, provided he can hit form, should benefit the team and especially our strikers in the second half of this season.