The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

17 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Linked by who ?

I doubt if anything official will come out of west Brom, and anyway I suspect their fans will be after a more high-profile figure than McInnes.

I have no doubt at all that he will never be sacked by Aberdeen....certainly not at this point....but he may feel himself that the time is right for a new challenge.

It was on bbc gossip column thingy, the other was Tony Mowbray :unsure2:

I agree he wont be sacked and nor should he, given the medicority of Aberdeen before him I wouldnt trust the current regime to get it right again, would cost a fortune as well.

It was on bbc gossip column thingy, the other was Tony Mowbray :unsure2:
I agree he wont be sacked and nor should he, given the medicority of Aberdeen before him I wouldnt trust the current regime to get it right again, would cost a fortune as well.

Can’t see West Brom being the slightest bit interested in Deek.
They’ll be looking at bigger names than him, and by that I mean the usual championship jobbers that do the rounds (McCarthy, Arry etc).

Can’t see West Brom being the slightest bit interested in Deek.

They’ll be looking at bigger names than him, and by that I mean the usual championship jobbers that do the rounds (McCarthy, Arry etc).

Alex Neil got the Norwich job from nowhere. This would be a more obvious and natural fit you’d think.

Not sure if I was a WBA decision maker I’d be that popular if I appointed someone who’d just admitted to making a c**t of the last two transfer windows though.

3 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Maybe so, but Motherwell are well behind us in the league. Obviously their scouting isn't all that great, and they've got plenty of absolute dross in their squad. If a player happens to be half decent for them he'll stand out because their overall expectations are lower.

By the way, Main is absolute shite. One semi-decent performance against the headless chickens in the Aberdeen defence doesn't suddenly make him a great find.

Have you seen Main more than once?  I've watched him a few times and I think he is a very good player for the Scottish Premiership and an able replacement for Moult.  Don't let disappointment make you plant ill-informed flags. 

Well it seems as if McInnes is out of favour with our perma-crisis fans.

What a fickle world football fans live in.

I for one was completely underwhelmed by Saturday, but to suggest that McInnes can do no better is a bit of an overstatement.

It says a lot about what Aberdeen under McInnes has achieved that we - as a fan base - can look at a season where we made it to a cup semi final and still be in the hunt for second in the league as a disappointing one.

At the start of the season, I  thought we had a stronger squad than last season, but not as good a first eleven.  I still think that is true.  I also think that keeping Shinnie, signing McKenna on a longer deal and even keeping McLean till the end of the season, showed a fair amount of ambition.  I also thought getting May, Stewart, Tansey, McGinn and GMS were terrific pieces of business and I'd be surprised if there were many out there, that weren't as excited at me at the prospect of seeing them all play.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, and they haven't played to the standards I believe they could, but I still have hope.  

If we pip HIVs and Buns for second, I'll still look at this season as a bit of a success.

Finally as my final reflection on Saturday, Kevin Clancy can GTF.  I'm not saying that 'Well didn't deserve to win and that Aberdeen weren't under par, but FFS Clancy get at least one of the first two important decisions right.

Yours, bitter and twisted.

aDONis

P.S. Aberdeen fans congregate near the bath at the South Stand to discuss recent defeat.

Edited by aDONisSheep

38 minutes ago, aDONisSheep said:

Finally as my final reflection on Saturday, Kevin Clancy can GTF.  I'm not saying that 'Well didn't deserve to win and that Aberdeen weren't under par, but FFS Clancy get at least one of the first two important decisions right.

Clancy was in no position to see Tait's handball, but the official behind the goal should probably call it. Arnason just needs to be stronger at the second. 

Well it seems as if McInnes is out of favour with our perma-crisis fans.
What a fickle world football fans live in.
I for one was completely underwhelmed by Saturday, but to suggest that McInnes can do no better is a bit of an overstatement.
It says a lot about what Aberdeen under McInnes has achieved that we - as a fan base - can look at a season where we made it to a cup semi final and still be in the hunt for second in the league as a disappointing one.
At the start of the season, I  thought we had a stronger squad than last season, but not as good a first eleven.  I still think that is true.  I also think that keeping Shinnie, signing McKenna on a longer deal and even keeping McLean till the end of the season, showed a fair amount of ambition.  I also thought getting May, Stewart, Tansey, McGinn and GMS were terrific pieces of business and I'd be surprised if there were many out there, that weren't as excited at me at the prospect of seeing them all play.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing, and they haven't played to the standards I believe they could, but I still have hope.  
If we pip HIVs and Buns for second, I'll still look at this season as a bit of a success.
Yours, bitter and twisted.
aDONis
P.S. Aberdeen fans congregate near the bath at the South Stand to discuss recent defeat.

I do agree with everything you say. But it’s not with hindsight he should have addressed the Considine problem and had an adequate replacement at RB. Far too many attacking options signed, to the point that he still doesn’t know how to accommodate them and what his strongest XI is.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, aDONisSheep said:

Hi Drewdon.  Bowman definitely takes Arneson's left leg.  Had it been the other way around, it's a penalty and Arneson would most likely have gone.

It's most clear at 1.27 on BBC highlights.

But it's nothing but sour grapes now. 

Yours

aDONis

It was a foul, but Arnason made himself look like such a feckin pussy that it's hard to blame Clancy for not giving it. Like the rest of us, he was probably so stunned by the utter shitey ridiculousness of McKenna's 'clearance' that he was paralysed into not acting.

For the first goal, Alan Muir behind the goal is actually staring at the handball from around 20 yards away.  But because Clancy doesn't see it/give it, Muir is terrified to open his mouth and point out what obviously happened. 

It has echos of Celtic's non-penalty against ICT a few years back (not as bad, obviously). What it does prove is that having a 4th official behind the goal is utterly f*ckin pointless if they're too scared to open their mouths.

Guest Bob Mahelp

A one trick pony who suits Motherwell's brand of hoofball.  Never done anything at any other club and will be found out next season.

If he's the type of player we have ambitions for at Pittodrie then we'd be as well packing it in now.

Others may have different opinions though, that's fair enough.

28 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

We do need that kind of the striker in the squad. At times in this league we need to go direct, and any time we do that at present it comes straight back the other way.

There's a guy at Exeter, quite tall, physical, scored a few goals this year.  We could maybe look at him.

Guest Bob Mahelp
3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

There's a guy at Exeter, quite tall, physical, scored a few goals this year.  We could maybe look at him.

I just checked out Stockley's record with Exeter....21 goals in 42 games :lol:

Guest Bob Mahelp
11 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Random change of subject but are we still with Adidas for our strips next season? Think we have one more year with Saltire energy but wasn’t sure if the kit deal was due for renewal.

I presume so.

Though Saturday was the last swansong of the blue strip. As much loved at Pittodrie as Mark McGhee and Ian Durrant.

I presume so.
Though Saturday was the last swansong of the blue strip. As much loved at Pittodrie as Mark McGhee and Ian Durrant.

The fact they’re now punting them for about 50p would suggest the blue kit will not be around much longer