The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

10 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Aberdeen are threat to Rangers finishing 2nd so the weegie media go to work. Sportsound this time getting in a journalist from England to comment with McFadden putting his view in which makes headline news.

Would this happen if Brendan Rodgers is in the running for a job down south? 

No because Brendan is fucking useless.

2 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

9B7905EB-54FC-4E08-8F80-C3441FCFF149.png

84889A5C-2DF8-406A-B5EE-F67AFD8436A9.png

A44104C3-FE96-4F0B-B29E-C25B074A7718.gif

This is ridiculous again. Why should someone who is part of our national team set up, be touting one of our top managers to go down south. He has no inside knowledge of what Derek McInnes thinks, so should just keep his thoughts to himself and concentrate on his own job.

I think time has shown that Derek McInnes made the correct decision in turning down both Sunderland & Rangers.  100%.

However, if he were to get offered the WBA gig (and it's a big if to be fair), it would be a great opportunity for him and one I doubt he'd say no to (he was their former captain, wasn't he?)

West Brom have had a shocking season, no doubt about it, but there's a few there he could build a decent team around for a Championship tilt (you'd imagine the likes of Foster, Dawson, Brunt, Barry, Rodriguez, Phillips and Burke wouldn't have many suitors in the top flight) plus have a decent wedge of cash to add in his own players.

Getting Aberdeen to 2nd, keeping Rangers at bay again, and winning the Scottish Cup (obviously I hope he doesn't make the final, personally!) would be the perfect way for him to sign off.  Interesting times ahead.

Are West Bromwich in the Championship that big a draw? The finances are in a mess with their chief executive saying recently they had blown their money, had to take out a short term overdraft, and needed to restructure the club. Obviously will have a bigger budget than Aberdeen but sounds like yet another PL side that have spent a fortune on utter shite and ended in a mess.
Not saying McInness wouldn't consider it and even go, it's just not as certain as some in the media will make out.

Are West Bromwich in the Championship that big a draw? The finances are in a mess with their chief executive saying recently they had blown their money, had to take out a short term overdraft, and needed to restructure the club. Obviously will have a bigger budget than Aberdeen but sounds like yet another PL side that have spent a fortune on utter shite and ended in a mess.
Not saying McInness wouldn't consider it and even go, it's just not as certain as some in the media will make out.

A team that would be one of the favourites to win the championship? How big a job do you think he could get? EPL clubs now have their pick of the very top managers. Can’t really get much better for McInnes considering where he is at the moment surely.

On 03/04/2018 at 15:01, Greenlantern said:

I for one, would be sad to see McInnes go. If only for the 12 points.

I can see your point. If our three results had been reversed this season, Celtic would be trailing by 8 points. Title race.

On 4/3/2018 at 19:58, 1320Lichtie said:

A team that would be one of the favourites to win the championship? How big a job do you think he could get? EPL clubs now have their pick of the very top managers. Can’t really get much better for McInnes considering where he is at the moment surely.

Given that, their obsession with recycling Fat Sam, Mark Hughes, Alan Pardew, Davie Moyes et al is a bit weird.

7 hours ago, gannonball said:

Just seen the few minute highlights of the Motherwell game and thought May had a good few decent touches in some build up play. Is he starting to look anything like he was at St Johnstone yet?

He's getting sharper. I'm looking forward to next season, I just hope he stays injury free.

7 hours ago, gannonball said:

Just seen the few minute highlights of the Motherwell game and thought May had a good few decent touches in some build up play. Is he starting to look anything like he was at St Johnstone yet?

As Russell says he's getting sharper.

Work rate is fantastic but still lacking a bit of confidence in the final third.  I'm hopeful we'll see something like his best soon.

4 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

I think there is a lot more to his game than goals 

He brings people into play and has an excellent first touch

Hopefully he kicks on next season 

Amazing to think a few weeks ago people were saying he was finished :rolleyes: