The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

If you can afford it, it’s a good way to support the club.
Really can’t see the negativity here.

I think folk are annoyed about the 40 loyalty points, which I get, but for most in demand tickets supporters who go to pretty much every game will still be favoured. Even Tynecastle is going to general sale so I don't see it being much of an issue.

A club like afc need to maximise their income and I think this is a great idea.  As a ST holder I was able to get a Black and Gold ticket which got me extra benefits, but doesn't sound like much for the club.  At it's height they had just over 1000 B&G members. This gives the same perks, and many more, as B&G but opens it up to those who don't have season ticket holders, while hopefully meaning the club get a more significant cash boost. 

Your view on these things is always clouded by the (very) vocal minority on social media and hopefully folk aren't put off from signing up thanks to these eternal doommongers.  Given our Aberdonian tendency to negativity and introspection I'm not convinced that this will earn  the club a vast amount of cash but every little helps and I'm sure it will become more popular over time (I particularly like the priority choice of seats for the new stadium).

Nice to see afc try new ideas (to Scotland at least) and allows fans living abroad to support the club in ways they couldn't before.

No lets hammer Saints on Saturday

Edited by glasgow-sheep

16 hours ago, glasgow-sheep said:

Nice to see afc try new ideas (to Scotland at least) and allows fans living abroad to support the club in ways they couldn't before.

No lets hammer Saints on Saturday

It is not a new idea to Scotland as Hearts and Hibs are already have this in place. Hearts have 8,000 odd that contribute to the club (because they was in trouble) and Hibs have 1700 according to AberDNA fact sheet: https://d2cx26qpfwuhvu.cloudfront.net/aberdeen/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/29160829/29.3.18AberDNA-Final-FAQ.pdf 

I've paid for the Premium but I'm not impressed that the club has went to certain people to pick membership numbers before this was released. It doesn't matter if you are like me that doesn't miss a game or only go to 1 game a season - we are all Aberdeen fans at the end of the day. 

36 minutes ago, betting competition said:

It is not a new idea to Scotland as Hearts and Hibs are already have this in place. Hearts have 8,000 odd that contribute to the club (because they was in trouble) and Hibs have 1700 according to AberDNA fact sheet: https://d2cx26qpfwuhvu.cloudfront.net/aberdeen/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/29160829/29.3.18AberDNA-Final-FAQ.pdf 

I've paid for the Premium but I'm not impressed that the club has went to certain people to pick membership numbers before this was released. It doesn't matter if you are like me that doesn't miss a game or only go to 1 game a season - we are all Aberdeen fans at the end of the day. 

Hearts have over 8000 eh.  Aberdeen, being the bigger club according to Aberdeen fans (lol), will obviously get more then?

Ended up going for the premium one. Don't get to anywhere near as many home games as I'd like and wanted to contribute something. Was gonna go for the cheaper one but with the replica shirt included it near enough covers the difference. 

It does help me as well in that it guarantees tickets to games like Easter Road and Tynecastle which can be a struggle to get sometimes.

Will wait and see after the first year to see if it's worth it but so far seems ok to me.

2 hours ago, betting competition said:

Sounds kind of similar to what Motherwell do with the Well Society too (without the fan ownership angle obviously).

On 29/03/2018 at 17:21, naegoodinthedark said:

If you can afford it, it’s a good way to support the club.
Really can’t see the negativity here.

Unfortunately, it’s an Aberdeen supporters thing. Look fir the worst thing every time. We lose a game and the manager must go. We introduce a voluntary scheme to try to help the club, and the club are money grabbing b******s.

Unfortunately, it’s an Aberdeen supporters thing. Look fir the worst thing every time. We lose a game and the manager must go. We introduce a voluntary scheme to try to help the club, and the club are money grabbing b******s.

Some of our fans are total fucking chompers at times.

The miserable fucker element to our support has grown louder and louder recently, complaining over the most mundane things and going OTT at any opportunity.

Is this all because McInnes doesn’t get the team pressing enough against the **** and Sevco, or have I missed something?

The Hearts, Motherwell, St Mirren schemes are all entirely different in that they are done with the aim of having a level of fan ownership in the club. What do Aberdeen fans have to gain from this? My favourite part is the "money can't buy experiences" which you have to pay £6 extra a month to get. 

It's a ploy to fleece the fans with little being given back in return. Its entirely consistent with the sit down, shut up and give us your cash mantra that we get from the club. Unfortunately, due to the blind loyalty of sections of our support this will probably be quite successful for the club. We tolerate far too much as a support, as seen recently with us allowing our club to be moved 7 miles out of the city of Aberdeen (but that's a separate matter altogether).

Some of our fans are total fucking chompers at times.

The miserable fucker element to our support has grown louder and louder recently, complaining over the most mundane things and going OTT at any opportunity.

Is this all because McInnes doesn’t get the team pressing enough against the **** and Sevco, or have I missed something?

Five years without much to genuinely complain about must be torture for that element of our support.

2 hours ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Five years without much to genuinely complain about must be torture for that element of our support.

That’s why they have to find something, anything, to focus their ire on. The rest of us are branded blindly loyal or happy clappers. 

8 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

The Hearts, Motherwell, St Mirren schemes are all entirely different in that they are done with the aim of having a level of fan ownership in the club. What do Aberdeen fans have to gain from this? My favourite part is the "money can't buy experiences" which you have to pay £6 extra a month to get. 

It's a ploy to fleece the fans with little being given back in return. Its entirely consistent with the sit down, shut up and give us your cash mantra that we get from the club. Unfortunately, due to the blind loyalty of sections of our support this will probably be quite successful for the club. We tolerate far too much as a support, as seen recently with us allowing our club to be moved 7 miles out of the city of Aberdeen (but that's a separate matter altogether).

Sorry Lubo but that is a load of shyte!

How can you be fleeced if your told what it's trying to do, what benefits you may derive from it and the fact that it's voluntry!

Spend yer sillar or dinna spend yer sillar, completely up to you, but save me the girny hoor act!

I'm thinking about deein it.  I only ivver get tae aboot fower games a season, but tae this auld bugger Aiberdeen winnin' at the wikend, maks yokin on Monday an affa lot easier.  

The guieed news is, I'm takkin the femily the day.  The bad news is it's agin them orra knvts frae Perth!

Yours, I'm nae in Marlow this weekend, so dinna hiv tae spik forren .

aDONis

P.S. I quite like the 'orra knvts fae Perth'. 

How can you be fleeced if your told what it's trying to do, what benefits you may derive from it and the fact that it's voluntry!
Spend yer sillar or dinna spend yer sillar, completely up to you, but save me the girny hoor act!
I'm thinking about deein it.  I only ivver get tae aboot fower games a season, but tae this auld bugger Aiberdeen winnin' at the wikend, maks yokin on Monday an affa lot easier.  
The guieed news is, I'm takkin the femily the day.  The bad news is it's agin them orra knvts frae Perth!
aDONis

Fair enough if fans want to sign up to it, I just think it’s a rip off. Spending £12/18 a month to get a few discounts which encourage you to spend more money. It will probably be a success in terms of money raised but it doesn’t sit right with me. The club know what they can get away with and despite gross mismanagement over the last 25 years at board level there is very little scrutiny from the fans because we’re doing quite well on the pitch just now.

Yule identified this as a way to garner extra income at the start of the season when raising the point that our ST sales were lower than other sides. For fans based abroad or away from Aberdeen it can be a good way to contribute but it seems like a significant financial commitment for little in return.

36 minutes ago, aDONisSheep said:

aDONis

Deserves to be fleeced ^^^^^

Folk fae eh Broch mhak mair since an you min.