The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Well Aberdeen fans seem to think they are the third biggest club in Scotland and state it as if it's a fact when there's absolutely nothing whatsoever to indicate that.  

The two Edinburgh clubs are clearly bigger clubs, there's no doubt about it.   There's really just no argument to be made to the contrary, all you've got is the fact that purely by luck you had a brilliant manager 35 years ago.  That's it, that doesn't make you a big club.  

Trophies won in the last 50 years, excluding those won by Ferguson, and shite like the Tennents Sixes.

Hearts: 3

Hibs: 4

Dons: 6

1 hour ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Success?  You've won one trophy in over thirty years champ

This one is a fucking doozy

Can't count.

Silly fucker :lol:

ETA last 30 years Aberdeen 4 trophies, Hearts 3 trophies, Hibs 3 trophies (Dundee United 2)

Seriously, what a loser :lol:

Edited by EdTheDuck

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

“My club’s bigger than yours” cock measuring contests tend to result in all participants looking a bit pathetuc.

But turning up and trying to win with someone else’s cock is full on wretched

Yuh.

This is like a kid stating ‘your dad’s better than my dad but that other kids dad is better than your dad’.  It’s almost dissociation, a detachment from reality.

I said before, I genuinely think he may have a “want”

ach when i was peppys age my team were one of the best teams in europe, humping real madrid  (not atletico, ken.... the big madrid club ), bayern munich, hamburg.... ahhhh memories peppy, you probably feel that way about yer seaside league campaigns..... hearts..lol.... different measures of success for wee clubs i suppose.

AFC** 

I wonder what happened for Aberdeen's support to be dwarfed by the two bigger clubs from Edinburgh since they're so massive and successful?

And nobody answered are steaua Bucharest bigger than atletico Madrid?  Winning trophies decades ago does not a big club make.  Thousands more pay to watch hearts than do Aberdeen, they're obviously a bigger club.

15 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

Fair enough if fans want to sign up to it, I just think it’s a rip off. Spending £12/18 a month to get a few discounts which encourage you to spend more money. It will probably be a success in terms of money raised but it doesn’t sit right with me. The club know what they can get away with and despite gross mismanagement over the last 25 years at board level there is very little scrutiny from the fans because we’re doing quite well on the pitch just now.

Yule identified this as a way to garner extra income at the start of the season when raising the point that our ST sales were lower than other sides. For fans based abroad or away from Aberdeen it can be a good way to contribute but it seems like a significant financial commitment for little in return.

You are right that it is basically a donation.  

That's the point though.

The board and shareholders aren't exactly coining it out of project AFC. This is not a comnercial transaction. You are't being asked if you wast to spend money on a Starbucks membership.

It's not for me and i won't be signing up.

but:

I don't see why the board should bankroll the club with no prospect of a return, although i'd love it if they would. 

I don't think ticket price rises for everyone is a great idea.  People who lovd the club will be priced out.

I don't want to see us go for the bargain basement approach again because it is a false economy.

We maybe have fewer fans than some clubs but we probably have a higher percentage of wealthy fans.

Therefore why not get some of them to share the burden if they want to.

If they don't want to they can still get to games. If they do want to then they still get a bit more than average fan but are net financial contributors.

on balance AFC are the good guys.

2 hours ago, gudge1903 said:

decades..... hhmmmm, over a century since hearts were a big club ( lucky as peppy would put it ), up there with queens park.

enjoy yer attendance cup - yaay!

AFC** - real cups only.

That means Aberdeen have never been a big club.  Literally several thousand more people pay to watch hearts every week than do Aberdeen, there's just no getting away from that.  They're a significantly bigger club, got relegated and still hosed your crowds.

With the stadium, facilities, training ground, fan ownership and healthy finances, hearts exist in what is Dreamland for Aberdeen.

Delighted to say that debates about which club is bigger, using some vague notion of trophies and attendances and other misc factors are FUCKING BRILLIANT, especially when both Edinburgh clubs are being represented by some Dundonian VL and it's clogging up our usually mercifully quiet Dandies thread. 

I love it. 

(in case you didn't realise, I was being sarcaastic)

(well  duh)

10 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

I wonder what happened for Aberdeen's support to be dwarfed by the two bigger clubs from Edinburgh since they're so massive and successful?

And nobody answered are steaua Bucharest bigger than atletico Madrid?  Winning trophies decades ago does not a big club make.  Thousands more pay to watch hearts than do Aberdeen, they're obviously a bigger club.

When was the last time Hearts had more than about 16000 home fans inside Tynecastle? Their whole fan base bought seasons tickets when they were nearly liquidated. They have to give away teams a whole stand to sell out their ground and even then that isn’t always enough

Spoiler

Spoiler

31 minutes ago, KingswellsRed said:

When was the last time Hearts had more than about 16000 home fans inside Tynecastle? Their whole fan base bought seasons tickets when they were nearly liquidated. They have to give away teams a whole stand to sell out their ground and even then that isn’t always enough

Hide contents

Reveal hidden contents

Erm they get that every week champ more infact.  3500 more than bamerdeen.  You need to do some research.  You got 7000 for a sc quarter s few weeks ago.  That's as lame as it gets.

11 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Erm they get that every week champ more infact.  3500 more than bamerdeen.  You need to do some research.  You got 7000 for a sc quarter s few weeks ago.  That's as lame as it gets.

Hearts average attendance at Tynecastle this season 16640 compared to 15730 for Aberdeen. Considering the extra away fans they allow and get at Tynecastle, I fail to see how they get 3500 more.