The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Shinnie and McLean both at 23 and both captain of top teams is worlds apart from some Aberdeen signings of the past 20 years.

Things are looking up. I hope I'm not being defeatist when I say these are players Celtic should have been signing - these are two of the best players in the country. Fantastic signings for the Dons...if they come off

Edited by d31

Obviously I seem to be in a minority here. We will see what happens later. I don't want Jack to go, I just feel it might happen.

Perhaps this is the money we were going to spend on Shinnie, or at least the rumours said we were. I'm guessing with the contracts being handed out and players buying the hand off to sign that the wage bill has gone up somewhat so that's why I am also dubious that nobody is leaving today.

Hate to join you on the worrier step, but I'm in total agreement with you.

Anyone know when the last one was?

Griffiths from Livi to Dundee was around £150k was it not? Has there been another since?

As I recall, a couple of years ago Hamilton bought Paul Currie from Berwick, for a few thousand £...

... and it was something like the second biggest fee of the window.

This team for next season? Heaps of options though

Brown

Logan Taylor Reynolds Shinnie

Jack

McGinn Pawlett McLean Hayes

Rooney

subs: Langfield, Considine, Flood, Goodwillie, Smith, Shankland, Wright/McKenna

Signing now confirmed on our official site.

Gutted, he can be frustrating at times and have a dip in confidence but he is class. Please look after him and enjoy him :( , would love to see him get a league winners medal at the end of the season, that would be the only positive for me :) .

His strike in the league cup quarter final at Pittodrie is probably my favourite Kenny goal.

Hope he goes on to good things, on his day one of the best players I've seen in a Saints shirt. What price a goal for him in a couple of weeks? :(

What a signing, really didn't think Aberdeen would have been capable of signing Shinnie & McLean even at the start of the season. We have a first XI that can rival Celtic's easily, I don't think many people would argue that. It's just the squad depth that takes us down a notch.

Great signing for us

Will hopefully push the current players on to improve their performances

I think he is the replacement for Robson, If we do manage to get Jack to sign an extension then we are going to have a strong team next season :)