The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Seriously though, I genuinely have a soft spot for Aberdeen. I like them. I was gutted when Fergie's Furies ended, and he went to Aberdeen under a cloud. But then.... Aberdeen got it right up the Old Firm and won a European trophy. As a football fan, I loved that. I loved Aberdeen's classic Adidas kits, and there were many good players who played for both Aberdeen and St Mirren - Ian Scanlon, Billy Stark, Frank MacDougall, Peter Weir, John Hewitt.... Ricky Gillies, Kenny McLean.

I do however feel gutted that Aberdeen has robbed Cumbernauld of a hat trick of 'Most Miserable Place to Live' awards. Bloody daylight robbery - if we'd won it again this year we got to keep it. Bloody booooo!

Edited by pozbaird

Seriously though, I genuinely have a soft spot for Aberdeen. I like them. I was gutted when Fergie's Furies ended, and he went to Aberdeen under a cloud. But then.... Aberdeen got it right up the Old Firm and won a European trophy. As a football fan, I loved that. I loved Aberdeen's classic Adidas kits, and there were many good players who played for both Aberdeen and St Mirren - Ian Scanlon, Billy Stark, Frank MacDougall, Peter Weir, John Hewitt.... Ricky Gillies, Kenny McLean.

I do however feel gutted that Aberdeen has robbed Cumbernauld of a hat trick of 'Most Miserable Place to Live' awards. Bloody daylight robbery - if we'd won it again this year we got to keep it. Bloody booooo!

Geez, it's been a long, long time since I've seen Ian Scanlon's name mentioned anywhere........

as for the others, if McLean can contribute to the Dons as much as they all did, (apart from Gillies) we'll be delighted.

What McLean will give us is a bit of strength up top. Our three attackers behind the striker are great but tend to lack tenacity. Hayes gives us effort but is too short to win anything in the air. Pawlett and McGinna are both lightweight as hell. McLean might help us win the ball a little further up the park.

Yeah I read someone saying they though he had a poor debut and just shook my head. I thought he slotted in quite tidily and you can tell he's only going to get better the more he plays. County tried to be physical with him and I loved the way he dealt with it.

Heard that on the radio.

He really is clueless when entertained as a pundit.

By all means of course Celtic are huge favourites and could win the treble but wittering on about 25 point gaps is lazy in the extreme. I would especially suggest so if his prediction is the treble. Clueless

No mention of out Celtic Park allocation?

I see that as we cut their allocation at Pittodrie they've gone in a huff and refused us any more tickets despite selling out in 24hours.

Their allocation was reduced as we have so many ST holders in sections S and T now it was going to be a big issue moving anyone. Resulted in our biggest crowd v Celtic in some time, certainly our biggest Home crowd v Celtic in decades and as near to a sell out as we get at Pittodrie (given ever reducing capacity, segregation etc)

If Celtic pack out their stadium seems fair enough but given the 10-15k spare seats that there are likely to be it's a shame they couldn't spare us a few hundred extra.

Their prerogative I suppose but hopefully the 1800 make enough noise for twice that number.

try a lot more seats than that - I think the attendance at Parkhead will be 30k (actual attendance not quoted of course) as a lot of season ticket holders will have went to Milan (cost) of be put off by absurd kick off time (travel distance)

Yer probably correct,

Thirds great for us

3 weeks ago you were challenging fir the league

Who's been more successful this season

The league in Aberdeen's hands. Win the remaining games(and score a few goals along the way) and Aberdeen will win the league. Don't know how that is not still challenging for the title.

Eh wrong. In no way or shape is the title in your hands,I'd be fair willing to guess that you will not win every remaining game you play this season coupled with cellics game/s in hand and current points advantage means the title is in their hands(unfortunately )Don't get me wrong I'd far rather you won the league over them but the realist says Celtic's league

Aye but mathematically speaking we can win the league no matter what celtic do apart from our two games v them.

If we win all our games til the end of the season then we win the title. We won't, but that will mean we've fucked it. At least we're in a position to f**k it, ken?