The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

A frustrating day after a game that we started so well. Didn't take our chances when on top which proved costly. Hayes going off changed the game as he was best player on pitch prior to then.

We need a dominant keeper though not sure who McInnes may target.

I thought McLean looked really good for us and will only get better.

Pawlett never really got in to the game, Rooney was isolated and Flood should have been hooked when Celtic went 2-0 up.

We needed to be clinical with any chances and not make any silly mistakes.

I trust that players and McInnes will both learn a lot from the game.

I've got a sneaky feeling he will try and go for Darren Randolph currently at Birmingham. He was excellent for Motherwell and would be a superb signing for Aberdeen.

He is out of contract in the summer but with the money being invested by Aberdeen and the face Birmingham are skint it may be possible.

I've got a sneaky feeling he will try and go for Darren Randolph currently at Birmingham. He was excellent for Motherwell and would be a superb signing for Aberdeen.

He is out of contract in the summer but with the money being invested by Aberdeen and the face Birmingham are skint it may be possible.

He would be ideal as he is proven in this league so should settle in immediately.

The main strategies in transfer market should be to sign proven Premiership players who will improve the team or ex Premiership players. By doing that it will then in turn improve squad meaning we have players on bench who can alter games.

Randolph would be a great signing. Alan Mannus is decent as well is he available?

Out of contract in summer though has said previously he wants to go down south.

I think we need to sign a leader too, someone who can lift the players. Reynolds is too quiet to be a captain. Not sure if Shinnie could step in straight away as that man.

Out of contract in summer though has said previously he wants to go down south.

I think we need to sign a leader too, someone who can lift the players. Reynolds is too quiet to be a captain. Not sure if Shinnie could step in straight away as that man.

Ryan Jack should be El capitano but perhaps not a long term solution.

A frustrating day after a game that we started so well. Didn't take our chances when on top which proved costly. Hayes going off changed the game as he was best player on pitch prior to then.

We need a dominant keeper though not sure who McInnes may target.

I thought McLean looked really good for us and will only get better.

Pawlett never really got in to the game, Rooney was isolated and Flood should have been hooked when Celtic went 2-0 up.

We needed to be clinical with any chances and not make any silly mistakes.

I trust that players and McInnes will both learn a lot from the game.

Word for word agree with this. For 60 minutes, we played Celtic off the park for the first time in the time I have watched Aberdeen. Despite obvious disappointment, I struggle to criticise anyone beyond the obvious keeper, Flood and captain Reynolds, who made a genuine error which is rare in his game.

I think the manager went into the game with the right team and tactics, and our performance in the first hour, despite seeing us 2-0 down, was satisfying. The last half hour was tough to take, but after playing so well and finding themselves 2-0 down, it doesn't surprise me the players were deflated.

Yesterday felt like I imagine the Liverpool game must have felt back in 1980. A really timely lesson that will help us grow stronger and improve exponentially.

For me, we're two real quality players off a sustained title challenge - a dominant, commanding goalkeeper and a better partner to sit beside Jack in big games, distribute the ball quicker and more directly. Obviously we are rightly bound by budget but with Anderson and Robson likely to retire/leave in summer, there's money available. If we can keep what we have and add these two key players from somewhere, we could challenge at the top of the league.

Progress is being made, and the fans showed they appreciated that at full time yesterday. However, it has been hugely frustrating to lose every big game this season, near enough, and that's something we need to address.

Word for word agree with this. For 60 minutes, we played Celtic off the park for the first time in the time I have watched Aberdeen. Despite obvious disappointment, I struggle to criticise anyone beyond the obvious keeper, Flood and captain Reynolds, who made a genuine error which is rare in his game.

I think the manager went into the game with the right team and tactics, and our performance in the first hour, despite seeing us 2-0 down, was satisfying. The last half hour was tough to take, but after playing so well and finding themselves 2-0 down, it doesn't surprise me the players were deflated.

Yesterday felt like I imagine the Liverpool game must have felt back in 1980. A really timely lesson that will help us grow stronger and improve exponentially.

For me, we're two real quality players off a sustained title challenge - a dominant, commanding goalkeeper and a better partner to sit beside Jack in big games, distribute the ball quicker and more directly. Obviously we are rightly bound by budget but with Anderson and Robson likely to retire/leave in summer, there's money available. If we can keep what we have and add these two key players from somewhere, we could challenge at the top of the league.

Progress is being made, and the fans showed they appreciated that at full time yesterday. However, it has been hugely frustrating to lose every big game this season, near enough, and that's something we need to address.

Shinnie can come in and play centrally. If we sort out the keeper issue then we'll be sitting pretty

Good post.

I also think we need a new left centre half to along with the two positions you have suggested to take to us that next level.

Reynolds distribution and control on the ball is never going to improve and I believe he has dropped a gear this season defensively.

We've improved this season obviously but as you said we have lost every "big game" since Groningen away! We haven't played badly in these games though to be fair.

Section Y Reds

He would be ideal as he is proven in this league so should settle in immediately.

The main strategies in transfer market should be to sign proven Premiership players who will improve the team or ex Premiership players. By doing that it will then in turn improve squad meaning we have players on bench who can alter games.

Doubt ex premiership players would come to spl.

Ironic that probably the best player to come out of the spl in the last few seasons came from the third division. There are plenty of great players in the lower leagues. Just about finding them and giving the right training

Looks more and more like an idiotic decision to release Scott Bain. He's going to be a top class keeper and is great at taking crosses as well as being completely reliable.

He certainly wouldn't have been outmuscled by Griffiths. Doubt Clangers would have either though!

Looks more and more like an idiotic decision to release Scott Bain. He's going to be a top class keeper and is great at taking crosses as well as being completely reliable.

He certainly wouldn't have been outmuscled by Griffiths. Doubt Clangers would have either though!

Seems like a similar situation to why we released Durnan. They wanted first team football and didn't want it through loan spells, so releasing them was the best option.

Doubt ex premiership players would come to spl.

Ironic that probably the best player to come out of the spl in the last few seasons came from the third division. There are plenty of great players in the lower leagues. Just about finding them and giving the right training

I mean Scottish Premiership.