The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Can he play on either wing or definitely limited to CM? Just asking as we're very strong at CM as it is but lack a lot on either side.

From what I've seen he isn't quick enough to play wide, would be surprised if he played anywhere other than CM.

Will be a good player for Dundee, would have liked to have kept him on as back-up but he's 23 now and needs to be playing regularly. Scored a couple of good goals when he's had a chance for the first team and will always be fondly remembered for slotting away his pen in the league cup final.

Starting to get worried about next season. The centre of midfield is where my concern lies. Robson is likely to leave, Jack could also be gone and Flood simply isn't good enough to challenge for the title. We really could have done with a very capable Nicky Low.

Starting to get worried about next season. The centre of midfield is where my concern lies. Robson is likely to leave, Jack could also be gone and Flood simply isn't good enough to challenge for the title. We really could have done with a very capable Nicky Low.

And Low is good enough to challenge for the title? I think Low was alright, but as I alluded to in the Dundee thread, he's not good enough for us....and I like the guy. Again Robson has been a bit part player all season and will be next season, if he leaves it's an issue in the leadership department but not a large issue in terms of our playing squad IMO.
We'll have Flood who has his uses, McLean, Pawlett in centre mid, I imagine one of Masson or Storie will step up and then Jack may stay of course. Smith is still only 19 remember, he'll get his chance as well. Shinnie could be used in midfield (hopefully not) and we'll without a doubt sign someone to replace the wage of Jack/Robson/Low if one or more do leave. Relax :P

The more I think about this, the more I'm a bit annoyed we've let him go. Perhaps we could have got him on a longer deal and put him out on loan to the dees instead. He'd be an excellent addition after a full season of top flight football

Bollocks, he's 23 now, why loan him out until he's 24 and should be hitting something close to his peak? Not good enough for us.
Will be remembered fondly for the penalty though. 8)

He can play anywhere in the midfield of a 4-2-3-1 but certainly would not play wide in a 4-4-2. He has got more games for the Dons in the attacking 3 than the defensive 2 which is probably more his natural position.

I am not surprised he has been released as he is now 23 and needs to make way for other players to come in.

Goes with my best wishes - really like him as a player hopefully he can score a screamer in the first dundee derby next season.

The more I think about this, the more I'm a bit annoyed we've let him go. Perhaps we could have got him on a longer deal and put him out on loan to the dees instead. He'd be an excellent addition after a full season of top flight football

The lad is at the age where he needs first team football and we are not able to give the lad that hence why he decided to sign for Dundee. We have signed McLean and maybe now that means Robson might stay on a season as he mentioned that is what he wants on sportscene last night. We will have guys like Cammy Smith coming through who is still only 19

Edited by betting competition

McInnes will likely have a midfield signing up his sleeve and all will be revealed in due course.

Its the AFC way these days.

Craig Slater and John McGinn would be good guesses and both 3 years younger than Low.

Disappointed to see Nicky Low go, cracking player, lovely left foot, passing range very impressive. He also seemed to compliment Jack better than any other option at the club.

It's a real shame injuries went against him, he's a good signing for Dundee. Fair play to the lad, he's loved being up here, done his business quietly and deserves a fuller crack at first team football.

His penalty and celebration in the League Cup Final will live with me forever! All the best Nicky.

Nice to see the positive sentiments being expressed towards Nicky. Hope he remembers these when we play the Dees next season and has the good grace misplace the odd pass at a crucial moment.

his top targets for this summer were graeme shinnie and kenny mclean - he signed them both in January. McInnes will be looking the sunlounger out long before June

Hopefully he'll sort oot a solid, dependable keeper before he starts topping up that tan.

Good luck to Low. Thought he always did very well when asked upon.

The Dees should be a good fit for him.