The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

12 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

It’s a no from me only to avoid the open letter to the fans in November about why he doesn’t want any ‘blood stained poopy’ on his shirt.

But wid save having to waste time making up chants.

Easy to change to "and now he plays for Aberdeen"...

10 hours ago, Jute said:

Let it go loon. He’s gone and not coming back no matter how much you want him to. You need to move on and you will feel better in the long run. 

I'll never give it up (na na na nana na na) tbh. 

I just hope McInnes uses him correctly next season, he's not, and never has been, an effective lone striker. 

I'll never give it up (na na na nana na na) tbh. 
I just hope McInnes uses him correctly next season, he's not, and never has been, an effective lone striker. 

Well never be a 4-4-2 team under mcinnes so I doubt he will.

I do agree with you that he’s not a little be striker but he did need to do more to justify building a team around him.

12 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Well never be a 4-4-2 team under mcinnes so I doubt he will.

I do agree with you that he’s not a little be striker but he did need to do more to justify building a team around him.

Then he'll continue to struggle. Playing him on the left isnt an answer either, and seems based entirely on that semi final, I'm not sure he was effective for us out there any other time. 

Then he'll continue to struggle. Playing him on the left isnt an answer either, and seems based entirely on that semi final, I'm not sure he was effective for us out there any other time. 

I’ve just seen my autocorrect fail there so I’m hoping you realised I meant lone striker.

I tend to think his time with us is destined to be a mediocre at best venture which is a failure given the investment in him (transfer fee and big contract).

I think there’s still a player there, he’s shown flashes of what he can do but I must admit there have been times I’ve watched him and wondered whether or not he’ll ever have the ‘spark’ back like he did at saints.

As I mentioned, he’ll have to do a lot to convince McKinnes that he’s worth playing 4-4-2 for but I can’t see it.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

I’ve just seen my autocorrect fail there so I’m hoping you realised I meant lone striker.

I tend to think his time with us is destined to be a mediocre at best venture which is a failure given the investment in him (transfer fee and big contract).

I think there’s still a player there, he’s shown flashes of what he can do but I must admit there have been times I’ve watched him and wondered whether or not he’ll ever have the ‘spark’ back like he did at saints.

As I mentioned, he’ll have to do a lot to convince McKinnes that he’s worth playing 4-4-2 for but I can’t see it.

I'll be brave here and tell you he generally struggled for us aswell. I'm sure there was a couple of months spell (when MacLean was injured and he was playing up front alone..) where he barely scored any. 

I like him but he was largely average for us last season tbh 
He was very poor in the semi 

Gaffer didn't use him properly. No defensive over in front of him. See for Iceland, the baldy boy Halfredsson in front of him was a rock yesterday. If we had a proper physical CDM he'd have played a lot better IMO.

Also, it's quite an irrational love I have for him. I think I probably fancy him. And I love that there's an Aberdeen player at the WC. Sort of.

Gaffer didn't use him properly. No defensive over in front of him. See for Iceland, the baldy boy Halfredsson in front of him was a rock yesterday. If we had a proper physical CDM he'd have played a lot better IMO.

Also, it's quite an irrational love I have for him. I think I probably fancy him. And I love that there's an Aberdeen player at the WC. Sort of.

Hmm I think you have allowed this irrational love to cloud your judgement.

He was very average for us last season. He had a few excellent months in his first stint with us but then turned to shit when he decided he didn’t want to be here anymore.

His performance yesterday actually irritated me.

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Hmm I think you have allowed this irrational love to cloud your judgement.

He was very average for us last season. He had a few excellent months in his first stint with us but then turned to shit when he decided he didn’t want to be here anymore.

His performance yesterday actually irritated me.

Yes I have.

<3 King Kari <3

1 hour ago, Frank Grimes said:

Kenny Miller at Pittodrie today apparently 

Sake 

Goes with this rumour I'm peddling. Miller and Stewart to sign with you next week. May to join us on loan, and talks over a deal for Tansey ongoing.