The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

33 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Just think the players you’d get for £50 million.

The majority of the money would likely be raised by the sale of Pittodrie/corporate sponsorship & donations made specifically for the stadium so don't think that money would be there for anything but the new stadium.

1 hour ago, Rodhull said:

The majority of the money would likely be raised by the sale of Pittodrie/corporate sponsorship & donations made specifically for the stadium so don't think that money would be there for anything but the new stadium.

Yes, but even if you could get 10% of that for McInnes to invest in players wouldn’t that make a huge difference.

3 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Yes, but even if you could get 10% of that for McInnes to invest in players wouldn’t that make a huge difference.

Which part of “that money wouldn’t be in the club at all if we weren’t building a new stadium”, don’t you understand? For an outsider, you have an unhealthy obsession with our new stadium.

25 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

From where? Why would this free money appear from nowhere for no reason when it never has before?

It also wouldn't solve the problems that the club deems Pittodrie to have that warrants moving in the first place. 

6 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

So why CAN'T we just redevelop Pittodrie?
Maybe we could spend another tedious few pages explaining that, maybe some ***s could chip in about Milne just wanting the land for hooses.
He builds hooses byraway. Makes you think.

I read the first line of that and just about punched my monitor through the wall. Then I read the rest of it.

It's still taken me 2 hours to calm down! :lol: Mainly because some folk actually think like that, and it makes me sad, angry, and depressed in equal measure.

7 hours ago, Desp said:

What's the thoughts amongst the fans ahead of next Thursday?  Anyone confident?

For all you'll hear of the EPL hype machine, it's a team that lost at home to Lincoln City in the Cup 18 months ago, so there's always a chance.  Keep it tight in the first half, and hope McGinn or GMS can produce a bit of magic in the final third.

It would be absolutely magic if Aberdeen could go down there and nick a result.  Awra best to those travelling down!

Folk have been bleating on about Burnley being tough to beat at home but their Home record was 14th in the EPL last season. Scraping wins against shite like stoke and Swansea. 

Shouldnt fear them at all.

48 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Folk have been bleating on about Burnley being tough to beat at home but their Home record was 14th in the EPL last season. Scraping wins against shite like stoke and Swansea. 

Shouldnt fear them at all.

I didnt realise Burnleys home form had dropped so much . They used to scrape relegation yet have one of the best home records. Aberdeen could yet get humped 3-0 if you go by budgets but given that they are still heavy favourites and not used to having that pressure this could be used by Aberdeen if they hold out for the first half hour and the crowd gets restless.

Burnley had quite a poor run at the tail

end of the season and conceeded in 14/20 home games last season.

Not over and in reality probably no more a difficult task than some of the other away wins under McInnes

Worth noting that Dom Ball was excellent last night, again. Indeed, on the form he has demonstrated post-Hampden, there must be a case to suggest that he is an upgrade on Ryan Jack. We desperately needed somebody to fill that role last season, and Ball has been playing very well since the first post-split game. He is physical, mobile, looks pretty comfortable carrying the ball forward, and his style seems to complement Shinnie's game. Basically everything we hoped Tansey was, but totally failed to be. 

Easy to forget that he's only a year older than Scott McKenna, too. 

aye Ball was showing great form end last season and another great game on Thursday ....early signs but we look step up in Midfield  and  the back line   from  last season .

The striker coming in will be crucial our season , a bit quality and well confident of another great season

11 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Which part of “that money wouldn’t be in the club at all if we weren’t building a new stadium”, don’t you understand? For an outsider, you have an unhealthy obsession with our new stadium.

I still go to Pittodrie whenever I can’t get to see my own team. Not that much of an outsider.

11 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Burnley fans seem to have liked the Pittodrie experience too.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/aberdeen/burnley-fans-rave-about-aberdeen-and-pittodrie-after-europa-league-clash-1-4774950

11 hours ago, d31 said:

Burnley had quite a poor run at the tail

end of the season and conceeded in 14/20 home games last season.

Not over and in reality probably no more a difficult task than some of the other away wins under McInnes

Based on Thursday night, Burnley's attack seemed nowhere near as dangerous as Celtic's. Apart from Lennon, their chief weapon was just brute strength.

Obviously they'll go and thump us 3-0 now.

Edited by Carl Cort's Hamstring