The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Nope - I think the ship has sailed

Might be pish but I’ve heard Ball has personal reasons for wanting to move back down south so unlikely to sign on again. It could however be revisited if we’ve made a c**t out of replacing him and he’s struggling to get himself fixed up.

Conscious also that’s now Wilson, GMS, Lowe and maybe Ball being rumoured to be possibly signing on again. Not sure McInnes would be wise to keep that many from a squad which ultimately disappointed this season, albeit Lowe would be welcomed back.

I think if we signed, for example, Grimmer instead of Ball it’d be a fairly simple way to show we’re at least trying something else rather than taking an easy option.

Frank Ross will surprise few folk ,  his performance against  St Mirren   earlier in season is what he is capable off,

along with Ethan  i expect them to breakthrough next season . and I  rather they got the chance than some lad over the border unless its outstanding prospect of course .     One thing about them two and like Mclennan  there heads dont go down if they make mistake.   That  is probably Scott Wrights downfall  . Mclennan all round game and decision making is way ahead Scott  so be interesting to see what mcinnies does with him.    IF GMS  goes there will be another wide player getting signed  so we  might see Wright out on loan again. time running out for him.

Edited by logie skid boys

1 hour ago, logie skid boys said:

Frank Ross will surprise few folk ,  his performance against  St Mirren   earlier in season is what he is capable off,

along with Ethan  i expect them to breakthrough next season . and I  rather they got the chance than some lad over the border unless its outstanding prospect of course .     One thing about them two and like Mclennan  there heads dont go down if they make mistake.   That  is probably Scott Wrights downfall  . Mclennan all round game and decision making is way ahead Scott  so be interesting to see what mcinnies does with him.    IF GMS  goes there will be another wide player getting signed  so we  might see Wright out on loan again. time running out for him.

Can't agree on McLennans end game being ahead of Wrights. McLennan routinely shows his inexperience when he gets to the final third but his mentality is miles beyond Wright at this point. An early hard tackle and Wright doesn't look up too much for the remainder of the game. Hopefully both kick on this season. Connor was one of the real positives of last season.

Happy to go with McGinn, McLennan and one new experienced wide man. Happy to have Frank ross and Ethan Ross in reserve. I'd loan out Wright until January.

Some Dons fans won't be happy (stopping mclennan development) if we sign a clear first pick winger but i think there is space for one

59 minutes ago, d31 said:

Happy to go with McGinn, McLennan and one new experienced wide man. Happy to have Frank ross and Ethan Ross in reserve. I'd loan out Wright until January.

Some Dons fans won't be happy (stopping mclennan development) if we sign a clear first pick winger but i think there is space for one

McGinn is out until September though. Probably won't be ready to start a run of games until October after missing the pre season.

I've faith in the Dons staff to have him ready for July. McInnes just trying to keep expectations in check.

operation on 2nd may gives 10 weeks to the first game which is not unrealistic. extra month would be contingent

Guest Bob Mahelp

Wright is far too physically and mentally weak. He'll never make it as a Dons player.

Let him go and free up a wage.

On 23/05/2019 at 14:10, capt_oats said:

I'd caveat that by saying Scott (infamously) started at Parkhead and Main was nowhere near the squad that day (for reasons), he was also getting used off the bench regularly from December onwards which is hardly when the season was done. Having said that, if we'd been particularly bothered about results post-split (when Scott was getting regular starts) we'd probably have been starting either Main or Sammon and still giving Scott 15-20 mins off the bench. Our post-split fixtures were largely being used with a view to next season.

Robinson was clear in saying that he wanted to give players who would be here next season enough time to see where they were and how they fitted into the team hence Main and Sammon being parked on the bench (or out the squad). In that respect it fair to say we've known for a while that he would be moving. It's a moot point now but it'd be interesting to know if he was one of the 6 we offered terms to or whether we effectively said bolt rather than waste time having a conversation (I've mentioned it before but as of April we still hadn't offered him anything).

I've noticed a couple of angles on certain other Aberdeen forums along the lines that Motherwell wanted to keep Main and I'm genuinely not sure that's the case.

If Motherwell were able to keep him they would of but he made it very clear he was leaving. This however doesnt mean he in any way will be a good signing for Aberdeen. Can't imagine it will be breaking the bank for Aberdeen and you never know what kind of form he could hit playing with better players.

36 minutes ago, d31 said:

if we are swapping Cosgrove for Main then its fine but if we are planning on having both then deary me

Would rather have Cosgrove than Main,but if he is signed to replace May out or on loan then okayish.Not excited is putting it mildly.

However the rumoured Gash Taylor oh please god no.