The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

Joel Lynch.

Another player who has spent a considerable amount of time on the treatment table.

Wouldn't have thought there is much mileage in this one, surely best days behind him and coiming up on thirty two.

Regarding his injuries were they not predominantly in early years of his career. appears to have played 90 odd games in last three seasons

Dylan McGeoch is textbook McInnes. Player who was good in Scotland a wee while ago, we’ve been in for before and got KB’d, has gone to a bigger club but failed.

He was a super player at Hibs so I’d be a fan of the signing, but he’s very injury prone and there’s every chance he could do a Stevie May/Greg Stewart and flop.

27 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

Dylan McGeoch is textbook McInnes. Player who was good in Scotland a wee while ago, we’ve been in for before and got KB’d, has gone to a bigger club but failed.

He was a super player at Hibs so I’d be a fan of the signing, but he’s very injury prone and there’s every chance he could do a Stevie May/Greg Stewart and flop.

Let's not sign anyone then as there's every chance any player could flop.

Agreed on the injuries though.

I think we need (at least) two senior central midfielders so we are fairly desperate. McGeouch (despite injury record) would look like less of a gamble than players who have never played in Scotland

I'd be pleased with the signing

Let's not sign anyone then as there's every chance any player could flop.
Agreed on the injuries though.

I said I was a fan of the signing, I just said it does follow a pattern of signings which haven’t gone quite as planned in the past.

We’re shopping in a limited market and McInnes’ loyalty is one of his biggest attributes, but sometimes his drawn out chasing of a player can lead us to signing guys who aren’t what they once were. Case in point - Greg Tansey.

5 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

I said I was a fan of the signing, I just said it does follow a pattern of signings which haven’t gone quite as planned in the past.

We’re shopping in a limited market and McInnes’ loyalty is one of his biggest attributes, but sometimes his drawn out chasing of a player can lead us to signing guys who aren’t what they once were. Case in point - Greg Tansey.

The two signings we need in central midfield is the biggest test McInnes has had in recent recruitment.

It will be a huge risk if he goes non spfl for both of these players as there is an increased chance of a flop (as seems to happen from time to time with players not familiar with the league).

Bidding for McGeouch, Djoum, Mulumbu, Pittman, anyone else Scottish based would not be surprising.

Another Gleeson/Forrester and we are up the creek

Maybe we should see the opportunity to recruit two midfielders are just that - we all loved Shinnie but he was limited at times, and the balance in the middle hasn’t been right since McLean left.

McGeough and Djoum (as an example) would be a cracking partnership.

25 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

Maybe we should see the opportunity to recruit two midfielders are just that - we all loved Shinnie but he was limited at times, and the balance in the middle hasn’t been right since McLean left.

McGeough and Djoum (as an example) would be a cracking partnership.

Wouldn't sign both and stint Ferguson though.

I'd like McGeouch, although there is a risk with injuries and he hasn't done too well down at Sunderland. It would just be nice to have somebody in midfield who took good care of the ball and tried to move us away from some of the eye-bleeding stuff from last season. Based on his last season at Hibs, he is somebody capable of at least trying to move us a bit more in that direction. 

I'm not sure about Djoum. I haven't been too impressed when I've watched him play recently and not sure he's what we need most. Still, experienced at this level and has played well in the past.

I'd like Mulumbu to compensate for losing Shinnie's combativeness and ball-winning, as well as maybe giving the defence a bit more protection than they have had post-Jack. Would also give us more experience in the middle of the park beside Ferguson. 

Edited by DrewDon

McGeouch would be a classic McInnes signing. I’d be shocked if we don’t at least make an attempt given all the rumours about us trying to get him last season. Would be the perfect type of player we need to try and link defence and attack - we didn’t really replace McLean in that regard and it showed this season. Despite what the 1970’s Brazil side that play in Leith might say, this has been the first real season where the football has been really poor and I think that’s down to the lack of a player to adequately replace McLean. 

Don’t think there’s a chance of us signing Mulumbu tbh. It would be good to get someone experienced in to cover Ferguson though, whether that’s Djoum or whoever . He looked knackered towards the end of the season slightly but didn’t really get a break as Derek clearly doesn’t trust Gleason enough to come in. Think it might do his development some good to have a break every now and again.

Ryan Hedges  ive been told  is away  to sign   .   that would seem like GMS  is def away .. 

Did Hedges reject the new deal from Barnsley then ?

Thought he’d want to play in the Championship next season after they were promoted. Strange move (but positive) if he chose us.

2 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

Did Hedges reject the new deal from Barnsley then ?

Thought he’d want to play in the Championship next season after they were promoted. Strange move (but positive) if he chose us.

It says he was offered a deal in march ?   must have wanted new start as he has not played as much as he would like .  

info i got seems like its done deal.  so we wait and see . but your right it would be a positive move